Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Officially released tracks 1963-2010.
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 10, 2010 17:44

"124 Sympathy For The Devil (aka One Plus One, aka The Devil Is My Name) (McKinley Morganfield)"

McKinely Morganfield? Ha ha. That's a good one. Making sure we're paying attention eh?

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: June 11, 2010 05:08

skipstone
"124 Sympathy For The Devil (aka One Plus One, aka The Devil Is My Name) (McKinley Morganfield)"

McKinely Morganfield? Ha ha. That's a good one. Making sure we're paying attention eh?

Yeah, they must have been having some fun coming up with names that day!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 11, 2010 17:12

Big Al
Wasn't the 'Eric Clapton version' of 'Brown Sugar' mistakenly included on the initial pressings of Hot Rocks? Or would that not count in this list? I understand that it was withdrawn ASAP by the record company.

I have that album..VERY rare and very cool!

Posted by: chenry9195 ()
Date: June 11, 2010 18:21

treaclefingers
Big Al
Wasn't the 'Eric Clapton version' of 'Brown Sugar' mistakenly included on the initial pressings of Hot Rocks? Or would that not count in this list? I understand that it was withdrawn ASAP by the record company.

I have that album..VERY rare and very cool!

No a different version. it's on the 4th cd of black box.

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: June 11, 2010 20:03

Blueranger
2004:

It's All Over Now -live at Brixton Academy 1995.
iTunes exclusive to digital buyers of Live Licks.

No - I think IAON is from Amsterdam

Posted by: Amyl Nitrate ()
Date: June 12, 2010 04:46

sf37
I had included "I'm Yours, She's Mine" because it was included on the "Stones In The Park" DVD release, which I was believing to be an official DVD release: however, I may be mistaken. Is this DVD a bootleg release? If so, you're right, I should probably exclude that song from my list.

No, I think you're right. It is an official release, though perhaps technically a third-party release rather than a Stones release. Though, I would slot it as May 2006 (based on its French release date) instead of 1969 (unless you or anyone else wants to make the case for counting broadcasted songs smiling smiley)

sf37
And the opposite is true regarding "Who Do You Love" as I wasn't aware that the Voodoo Lounge video was an official release. If that's the case, I agree that I should be adding it in.

The Voodoo Lounge Live video seems to be official too, so that would make "Who Do You Love" song #318 (#317 if "I'm Yours" is moved) based on a November 21, 1995 release.

sf37
As for the AOO tracks, this has always been a murky area for me. The main reasons I included those tracks is because the Stones themselves wrote most of them and they were officially released on Metamorphosis, and I was believing that there was some Stones participation in the performance of the tracks as well, even if the AOO helped to back the band up. But again, I'm not certain of this, so it is questionable if they should in fact be included. Hopefully someone can confirm for me if any of the Stones besides MJ actually played on those tracks.....

I think only MJ played, except perhaps on "Memphis". I'm fine with keeping them on the list, since they were released as the Stones and are certainly part of the story.

Date: June 13, 2010 07:47

Amyl Nitrate
sf37
I had included "I'm Yours, She's Mine" because it was included on the "Stones In The Park" DVD release, which I was believing to be an official DVD release: however, I may be mistaken. Is this DVD a bootleg release? If so, you're right, I should probably exclude that song from my list.

No, I think you're right. It is an official release, though perhaps technically a third-party release rather than a Stones release. Though, I would slot it as May 2006 (based on its French release date) instead of 1969 (unless you or anyone else wants to make the case for counting broadcasted songs smiling smiley)

sf37
And the opposite is true regarding "Who Do You Love" as I wasn't aware that the Voodoo Lounge video was an official release. If that's the case, I agree that I should be adding it in.

The Voodoo Lounge Live video seems to be official too, so that would make "Who Do You Love" song #318 (#317 if "I'm Yours" is moved) based on a November 21, 1995 release.

sf37
As for the AOO tracks, this has always been a murky area for me. The main reasons I included those tracks is because the Stones themselves wrote most of them and they were officially released on Metamorphosis, and I was believing that there was some Stones participation in the performance of the tracks as well, even if the AOO helped to back the band up. But again, I'm not certain of this, so it is questionable if they should in fact be included. Hopefully someone can confirm for me if any of the Stones besides MJ actually played on those tracks.....

I think only MJ played, except perhaps on "Memphis". I'm fine with keeping them on the list, since they were released as the Stones and are certainly part of the story.

Thanks again for all your insight and feedback on this, Amyl Nitrate. You make some good points with respect to song inclusion and release dates, and I will be amending my list accordingly! I guess I will keep those AOO tracks on my list as well, since one could argue that if the Stones wrote them, that qualifies as much as an official status in this case as would their actually performing them.

While I think of it, I wonder if I should also be adding "CS Blues" to my list as well, given that it was released on a German boxset: not officially released by the Stones, of course, but not exactly a bootleg, either. Another "grey-area" decision!

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-13 08:47 by sf37.

Posted by: bolexman ()
Date: June 13, 2010 17:00

sf37

I think you would be correct to include "CS Blues" in your list of official releases. As you point out, the German LP Box set "Rest of The Best" did include this song... even if the song was removed in later pressings, official copies exist. My two cents.

Date: June 13, 2010 18:32

bolexman
sf37

I think you would be correct to include "CS Blues" in your list of official releases. As you point out, the German LP Box set "Rest of The Best" did include this song... even if the song was removed in later pressings, official copies exist. My two cents.

Good point, bolexman. I was thinking along a similar arguement. Thanks for the feedback. Cheers!

Posted by: Amyl Nitrate ()
Date: June 13, 2010 23:19

Apparently, 'Stones in the Park' was released on a BMG video sometime in 1983, so it probably should be slotted in between "Going to a Go-Go" and "Undercover of the Night".

Agreed on "CS Blues", but you already have it; see #268 smiling smiley

Nit: check Four Flicks track order; I think "Rock Me, Baby" is before the others.

Date: June 14, 2010 00:37

Amyl Nitrate
Apparently, 'Stones in the Park' was released on a BMG video sometime in 1983, so it probably should be slotted in between "Going to a Go-Go" and "Undercover of the Night".

Agreed on "CS Blues", but you already have it; see #268 smiling smiley

Nit: check Four Flicks track order; I think "Rock Me, Baby" is before the others.

Amyl Nitrate - - regarding "CS Blues", you're right, it is there already. I'm such an idiot: I don't even know my own list! lol

Duly noted on the placements of "I'm Yours, She's Mine" and "Rock Me, Baby". Thanks again for helping me to amend my list more accurately: it is indeed much appreciated!

I also have my own list of "bootleg" titles. Perhaps we could compare our lists on that as well at some point?

Cheers!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2450
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home