Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mix of new YA YAS?
Posted by: tornandfrayed72 ()
Date: November 26, 2009 02:12

Hey All-I'm new to the forum but I've been a silent follower of your posts for awhile and now I need your expertise. For those who know (and I apologize if it's been posted before), is the new disc one (the original cd) of the 40th Ya Yas a new or different mix? I was comparing it to the 2002 edition, and I noticed there are a few extra "crackles" on the 40th edition (for example in the last few seconds of Live With Me). The same crackles don't seem to be there in the 2002 edition. The whole 40th edition seems to be a little more "alive" than the 2002 edition, not better or worse, just different. What's your take?

Re: Mix of new YA YAS?
Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: November 26, 2009 02:28

I guess if they used the master tape from Abkco it may have aged? I dont know-it was just a thought.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 26, 2009 15:43

Crackling, buzzing, and humming sounds are the natural result of having your amps turned up loud. Anything like that would have always been present on the master tapes. It's just that with this new remaster you can hear them more clearly. It's kind of the reverse of the Live At Leeds situation. When that album was released in 1970, the label had a little disclaimer saying "Crackling noises okay. Do not correct!" On the 1995 CD it says, "Crackling noises have been corrected!"

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: November 26, 2009 18:19

interesting. I will check this. I have received the deluxe yaya's but had no time yet for a listening.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1548
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home