Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

CS Blues @ BROOKLYN Museum on 22 Nov.
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 17, 2009 06:51

For anyone who missed it at the Metropolitan in October. Tickets available here:

[www.museumtix.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-17 07:17 by bv.

Re: @#$%& Blues @ BROOKLYN Museum on 22 Nov.
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 17, 2009 07:01

Did you actually type @#$%&?

Date: November 17, 2009 07:08

Just for the record, I'm not being an ass about that. I really mean, did you spell it out or not.

Re: CS Blues @ BROOKLYN Museum on 22 Nov.
Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: November 17, 2009 07:32

A melancholy moment in that film....not actual footage, but to those who saw it will remember this moment:

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 17, 2009 08:51

Thanks for the ...
er... heads up

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: November 17, 2009 10:32

"Film crew members introduce and hold a question and answer session following the screening. Tickets are $10 adults, $6 students and seniors with valid I.D. Ticket price includes Museum admission."

Sounds awesome. I'd go if I wasn't on the other side of Earth.

Date: November 17, 2009 15:15

skipstone
Just for the record, I'm not being an ass about that. I really mean, did you spell it out or not.

Yep - no self-censoring needed on here. IORR does all the work for you. Try it out and see!

Date: November 17, 2009 15:29

Okay...

What about "@#$%&" ?

Date: November 17, 2009 15:49

LOL - you caught the automatic censor out with that one!

Date: November 17, 2009 15:52

Thanks again for the info about the
@#$%& BLUES screening

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 17, 2009 15:55

Not anymore... There are now a total of 14 "bad words" in the IORR list. Half of thenm are the same word in variations. The list is there so that IORR will not end up in the entertainment and adult cathegory. Bad language will make it impossible for you to access IORR from work, and we don't want that do happen, do we?

Bjornulf

Posted by: njlstones815 ()
Date: November 17, 2009 15:56

Just bought my tickets! Thanks for the "heads up"!

Date: November 17, 2009 16:35

Would be really cool if anyone here (njlstones815 for example) could ask the "film crew" our never ending questions about possible official DVD releases, outtakes and legal matters. smiling smiley

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: November 17, 2009 17:03

Thanks for the heads-up, Beast. I live in DC but it may be worth a day trip up to Brooklyn to see CS on the big screen (not to mention to hear the Q&A session afterward).

Did you see this in October? If so, any thoughts about it?

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Posted by: rlngstns ()
Date: November 17, 2009 17:49

LieB
Would be really cool if anyone here (njlstones815 for example) could ask the "film crew" our never ending questions about possible official DVD releases, outtakes and legal matters. smiling smiley

was just going to ask that....i'm trying to make the trip in for the screening....if i do...will ask

Posted by: rlngstns ()
Date: November 17, 2009 18:28

bot my tickets.....thanks beast.....if you have any questions to ask...let me know....i have LieB's already

Posted by: oldfan ()
Date: November 17, 2009 18:30

don't know how big the screen is but I just ordered tickets.Beast, thanks for the heads up!

Date: November 17, 2009 19:46

misterfrias - it might be worth trying to find out if a screening is planned for DC? The film just had several screenings in Toronto, so you never know. I did see it at the Met in October and found it to be a very different experience to seeing it on DVD (better quality for a start) - so I will not be resisting this temptation to see it again at the Brooklyn Museum! I don't know what the screen is like but I was there recently for a talk by Bill German about his book and was told that there is seating for 450 people, so I would guess it's a reasonable size.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 17, 2009 20:28

Hmmm... I don't think the Toronto event was in the same league as the screenings in the US. Nobody there was associated with the film, and the copy was poor quality. More like an independent screening by a film buff with his own small theatre. It would be grand if a proper copy made its way here though. Enjoy!

Date: November 17, 2009 20:56

rlngstns
bot my tickets.....thanks beast.....if you have any questions to ask...let me know....i have LieB's already

Ah, thanks! I am (and I'm sure many others here are) looking forward to hear any information you might get.

Date: November 17, 2009 21:56

So, "@#$%&" is not the actual amount of letters typed of the original word, it is a kind of standard censoring.

I just typed and previewed several words, some of which did not get "@#$%&", which I actually found surprising considering what does get "@#$%&"!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-17 21:56 by skipstone.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: November 17, 2009 23:45

I was born in Brooklyn. If I'd stayed there when my parents left (I was three years old) I coulda gone to this. I'm angry.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: November 17, 2009 23:46

bv
Not anymore... There are now a total of 14 "bad words" in the IORR list. Half of thenm are the same word in variations. The list is there so that IORR will not end up in the entertainment and adult cathegory. Bad language will make it impossible for you to access IORR from work, and we don't want that do happen, do we?

You mean do my job? HA HA HA HA!!!!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 17, 2009 23:51

By the way if you haven't seen the CS Blues movie yet in a real theatre then make sure you go if you can. It is obscure. It is rare, and it is once in a year or a decade you can do it. Very special and interesting happening. Yes, you can get it on a video, but reading about The Bahamas is not the same as going there, and being in a theatre when they are screening CS Blues is surely unique.

Bjornulf

Date: November 17, 2009 23:53

Will ask if anyone knows anything about the "official release" of CS Blues on DVD. If anyone else is going, your ticket will also allow you in the museum where there is currently a Rock n' Roll photo exhibit going on as well.

Date: November 18, 2009 06:35

words of wisdom from bv and an excellent tip from njlstones815 - the Who Shot Rock 'n' Roll exhibit is a treat not to be missed. I will hope to see it again with fewer crowds - it was a free Saturday the night I went to the Bill German thing and so was absolutely chokka. That free first Saturday is a great idea - gets people into the museum and seeing things like that exhibition that they might otherwise miss.

[www.brooklynmuseum.org]

Posted by: RockinBud ()
Date: November 18, 2009 21:32

I'll be there ..first time I viewed CS blues on dvd I had to turn it off quality was unwatchable..
Ill wear my RockinBud tshirt..be pleased to meet ya
RockinBud
www.myspace.com/rockinbuds

Date: November 20, 2009 15:58

ok - we'll all be on T-shirt alert....winking smiley

Date: November 20, 2009 17:03

Will be wearing one of my crew shirts.

Date: November 20, 2009 17:31

Will Robert Frank be there?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1512
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home