Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith Richards at T&C Club London 1992
Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: October 14, 2009 12:37

Any details about these two gigs in 1992?

Number of people etc...

Maybe someone here was there?

Re: Keith Richards at T&C Club London 1992
Posted by: Filip020169 ()
Date: October 14, 2009 12:43

... I know at least one of'em was on his birthday (dec. 18), 'cause I remember my pal & I wanted to go especially for that- but we soon skipped the idea after hearing both shows had sold out in minutes.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 14, 2009 14:03

I was there! I didn't have tickets but went with a friend to try our luck outside the venue. We'd had a few offers from touts (scalpers) and were debating what to do when suddenly an announcement was made via a loudspeaker that there were a handful of tickets available at the box office. So we ran to the window and luckily managed to buy two of the tickets, which sold in about two nanoseconds. The touts weren't best pleased, but we were ecstatic and needless to say had a great night celebrating Keith's birthday in the best possible way!

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: October 14, 2009 14:18

From Wikipedia:
The Town & Country Club was a 2,100 capacity theatre-style venue in Kentish Town in North London, England.
The venue was built in 1934 and was originally an art deco cinema.

After the cinema was closed, the venue re-opened as a music venue under the name of The Town & Country Club.
In that existence, the venue became one of the must-play venues on the indie circuit for up-and-coming and established bands alike.
In its heyday, it hosted bands such as The Velvet Underground, Pixies, Hüsker Dü, Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine and The Wedding Present.

The venue was bought in 1993 by The Mean Fiddler Music Group (now called Festival Republic) and was renamed the London Forum.
Despite the changes made to the name and the venue, it has remained one of most well-known places to play in London.

The venue has standing downstairs and benched seating in booths on the upstairs balcony.

From nzentgraf.de:

Posted by: Welsh Stone ()
Date: October 14, 2009 21:29

Saw him at the Marquee on that tour - that was some gig! I remember they also seemed to play all my favourite artists before he came on - if it had been anyone other than Keith I would have been happy to listn to that all night!!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 14, 2009 21:33

The London Forum is a great venue!

Queens Of The Stoneage, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, The Libertines, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Who... have seen a few of 'em there.

Posted by: Jasper76 ()
Date: October 14, 2009 22:44

I was there on the 18th, it was my first ever gig and i was 16, everyone kept singing happy birthday. The sound was amazing and he stormed on stage and did take it so hard first , there are some recordings of the 17th i beleive. I will never forget that night. I remember seeing video cameras on stage and at the front so Keith must have filmed it for his own vaults !

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: October 14, 2009 22:57

I was there. Fantastic gig

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: October 14, 2009 23:23

Thanks for the info. guys!

Any pictures available from these gigs?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-10-14 23:29 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: October 15, 2009 00:42

I believe the cd single "Eileen" live tracs where recorded there :

Eileen
Gimme Shelter - live
Wicked as it Seems - live
How I Wish - live
Key to the Highway

Live tracks Town and Country club London Dec 92

How I Wish is smokin'

sc uk

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: October 15, 2009 01:41

I was there on the 17th. Had only seen the Stones once before on Urban Jungle tour at Wembley - so to see Keith in such an intimate venue with none of the pyrotechnics was such a treat.

I remember the band entered the stage in the dark and seeing Keith's sillhouette as he knelt down before the lights came up. What a rush.

Can also remember the sheer power of Steve Jordan's drumming. Can't believe it's getting on for 20 years ago!

Posted by: SessionsMartin ()
Date: October 15, 2009 02:08

I was at work on the day of the 18th near London and said to a work mate I really want to go to the concert but I do not have a ticket. He knew I was something in the the Stones world and convinced me to use my contacts, Being British that is not easy. I called Jane Roses' office in New York and she put me in contact with the UK stage manager. He put me on the guest list. I arrived that night and walked through all the queues to the box office who let me in. I had time to get a drink and was front of stage before the main crowd entered. Front of Keith's piano. What a @#$%& night! The candles almost rained on me.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: October 15, 2009 12:34

At the 17th. Got very drunk along with my old friend Dave Ramsden. Recorded the show but the mic overloaded a lot and you can hear me making drunken comments. Before the show I stood with the mic on the stage door key hole and managed to cpature the soundcheck for prosterity (security giving me funny looks every time they opened the door !). But I just lost my father the month before, had no job, bad times...Keith cheered me up.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1945
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home