Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Letterman- Dont mess with Jagger/Richards again!
Posted by: Papers6FeetHigh ()
Date: October 2, 2009 09:31

Nice to see David Letterman get his. That prick has been ragging on the Stones for years with all the generic bad jokes, yet has continued to show himself as aloof, and unrelatable. I loathe him. He offers up his opinons on matters he has no business saying anything about, Mick can't stand him, I'm glad he's getting his:

The Story:
[www.nytimes.com]

The backstory--Letterman loves trying to make fun of Mick/loves it when other try to:

Stones and Leterman have been going at it for years, glad to see that this clown is being shown as a hypocrite,

Re: Letterman- Dont mess with Jagger/Richards again!
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: October 2, 2009 10:21

Thanks for posting this.

I've heard of David Letterman but who's Craig Fergusson ?

sexy dinosaur????eye popping smiley
I lost my sense of humor on that one ! Does he make a fool on Jagger because of his English accent ?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 2, 2009 10:27

None of this has ANYTHING to do with the Stones. Everyone makes jokes about the Stones. This latest news about Letterman has no Stones connnection. Just because you hate Letterman does not make this topic any more important.

Date: October 2, 2009 10:39

I like Letterman. And I like his jokes grinning smiley

Posted by: JMoisica ()
Date: October 2, 2009 10:49

Agreed with Justin and Dandelion. Dude chill out. They're the Rolling Stones. Comedians make jokes about them. That's what they do.

And I like Letterman too (even though it appears he is a bit of a sleazy guy). At least he's honest about it and forthright. I'll take him any day over Leno's super-blandness.

Posted by: boogie69 ()
Date: October 2, 2009 11:28

Letterman may have banged a few of his employees, which isn't right since he's been in such a long relationship with the same woman, but that's nothing compared to what Jagger has done to the women in his life over the years. Not to mention how he screws his fans with overpriced tickets to shitty concerts. It took balls for Letterman to turn the tables on whoever was sticking the screws to him, come clean, leave the blackmailer powerless, AND help get him arrested. That I can respect. Mick, not so much.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 2, 2009 11:57

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: October 2, 2009 13:18

Can't help it - I like Letterman, too!
So, he's made fun of the Stones. On this site - I'd say two thirds of the posters have even gone a bit further than that.
So he's been unfaithful to his spouse. If I were to condemn people who have, who the heck should I work for, hang out with and go to Stones shows with?

BTW: I've seen members of his band hanging out with Keith. Keyboard player /Band leader - forgot his name. And drummer, Anton Fig. They're also Blondie's pals.
That doesn't prove anything, when I come to think of it!
Could it be that some people are jumping the gun a little? It's so easy throwing stones at people, and forget what's in one's own luggage.
I find no joy in seing a man being blackmailed for having had an affair. But I know a lot of peolpe who have had affairs - over the years - and it might even have saved some marriages.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 2, 2009 13:46

Lighten up. The Stones are an easy target for comedians.

Paul Schaffer (sp.?) is the bandleader in question. Anton played on some of Mick's solo stuff.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 2, 2009 14:05

Elmo Lewis
Lighten up. The Stones are an easy target for comedians.
The Stones are comedians.cool smiley

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 2, 2009 14:10

whats the problem letterman is cool, i dont think this clip shows up letterman at all

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: October 2, 2009 14:22

Letterman, the tired formula for put downs, the stupid faces, the prompts for the audience to laugh and clap, he is without any memorable talent, just another blight on the wasteland that is tv.

Date: October 2, 2009 14:30

Paul Shaffer's band with Anton Fig, Will Lee and Charley...somebody has been the houseband for countless events. They' re the top backing band for big league shows and tributes. How many times have I seen Will Lee's blond hair behind a frontline of Jagger, Townshend, Dylan, Springsteen ? And the little gerbil running around conducting, LOL, Shaffer is the ultimate professional. I love it when he is checking his watch during a mega star jam, and is running around, tapping folks on the shoulder, signaling them to end it, and Dylan e.g. or Jagger will just completely ignore him.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: October 2, 2009 15:05

Justin
Just because you hate Letterman does not make this topic any more important.

yes it does... winking smiley

i used to love letterman in the '80s & early '90s.......now he's just a bitter old joke himself.

i do remember a funny (Stones related) bit he did in the '80s. It was a "Viewer Mail" segment
and someone wrote to him saying "Dave...you meet a lot of celebrities...i wonder if you could
please get me Mick Jagger's autograph. Thanks. " Dave pulled out an 8X10 glossy photo
of Jagger and a black sharpie pen..and wrote "Dear Johnny, Stay Cool! (signed) Mick Jagger"

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-10-02 15:10 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 2, 2009 15:06

looks like mick is being made fun of by craig fergusson .oh by the way i think fergusson is dead on funny making fun of mick !!!

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: October 2, 2009 15:14

I like Letterman too, but this is certainly going to limit a few things he's able to make fun of going forward!

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: October 2, 2009 15:34

David Letterman has only gotten better over the years.

Even if you don't like his scripted jokes, if you listen to him interview guests you'll find he's the quickest wit on television, just a brilliant funny man.

So I'm a fan. But even if I wasn't I'd still find the schadenfreude of this topic dismaying. Sure, what Dave did wasn't right. But he gets credit for going straight to the cops and nailing the blackmailer.

And who cares if he makes fun of the Stones?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 2, 2009 15:37

he's the quickest wit on television

......quicker than greased lightin'.... damn fast

ROCKMAN

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: October 2, 2009 15:39

The Greek
looks like mick is being made fun of by craig fergusson .oh by the way i think fergusson is dead on funny making fun of mick !!!

I bet this guy could do a much funnier impersonation of Mick

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: October 2, 2009 15:54

Snowball got me dancin' !

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 2, 2009 15:56

The strangest aspect of Letterman is he admitted to having sex with women in his office to avoid a 2 million dollar extortion. What's wrong having sex with "the help" if its consensual? He should have just have remained silent.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 2, 2009 16:45

Letterman can say whatever he wants about the affairs. Doesn't mean anything. And it really doesn't mean anything.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 2, 2009 16:54

Fair enough.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: October 2, 2009 17:22

MKjan
Letterman, the tired formula for put downs, the stupid faces, the prompts for the audience to laugh and clap, he is without any memorable talent, just another blight on the wasteland that is tv.

You can say the same about the stones. tired formula etc, it's all a matter of taste.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 2, 2009 17:30

Justin
None of this has ANYTHING to do with the Stones. Everyone makes jokes about the Stones. This latest news about Letterman has no Stones connnection. Just because you hate Letterman does not make this topic any more important.

I agree completely. So Dave was doing it with some female staffers. At least he admitted it on the air. He didn't even go on Oprah to confess either.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: jjflash73 ()
Date: October 2, 2009 17:31

Boogie69
Why are you even on this board/forum. You write like the anti-stone fan club president.

Date: October 2, 2009 17:45

Letterman is a jerk off!
His karma is coming back to haunt him!!!

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: October 2, 2009 17:48

Letterman is about as funny as toothache.

...arrogance personified.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 2, 2009 17:51

yeah i guess he has been on tv for almost 30 years because he is not funny and has no talent

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: October 2, 2009 17:52

Letterman's job is making jokes and I think he does a mighty fine job.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1544
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home