Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

NEW DVD Rolling Stones - 1969-1974: The Mick Taylor Years -
Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: May 28, 2010 02:49

Hi All - Sorry if this has been posted before (I did a search, didn't see mention of it, but being new here maybe I am not picking up the functionality just right?) but what to make of this??

NEW DVD - "Rolling Stones - 1969-1974: The Mick Taylor Years" On Amazon "This title will be released on July 27, 2010."

[www.amazon.com]

How does this happen? Is the material not under the control of the Group? through 1974 even?

From the description (title alone) it doesn't sound like a straight re-release of "Ladies and Gentlemen.." And, its being marketed in such as way as to highlight Mick Taylor!?!? This is a sea change obviously. It almost seems like an Aprils Fools joke.

What happened? Mick & Keith realizing everyone is getting old and trying to pay off an old debt in light of Taylor's significant health issues? Or the Lawyers tell they're going to be on the costly losing side if MT purses that path seriously - or otherwise suffer poor PR? Or both?

Doesn't matter to me though.. If its the Stones themselves allowing this, and considering new MT on PMS release, I am thinking the door is *wide* open now for MT contributing to new album or limited gigs with the band...

Tom

Re: NEW DVD Rolling Stones - 1969-1974: The Mick Taylor Years -
Posted by: akgameboy ()
Date: May 28, 2010 02:53

I think it's a bootleg.
Even the cover lists Taylor as being in the band until 1975.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-28 02:55 by akgameboy.

Re: NEW DVD Rolling Stones - 1969-1974: The Mick Taylor Years -
Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: May 28, 2010 03:06

Yes, I see now.. "unauthorized".... should've known..

T

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1997
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home