Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: Woody out of the band? Seems so at rs.com
Posted by: deardoctortake1 ()
Date: May 25, 2010 02:31

A quote from his biography at rs.com:
. Now, at a mere 62 years old, he is the baby of the group,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-25 02:49 by deardoctortake1.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 25, 2010 02:31

71Tele
kleermaker
He's out.

Wishful thinking. They would make an announcement. I think saying "2010" they are saying "through the present time", not his involvement ended in 2010. There is no compelling reason for them to remove him from the band. They are not touring or recording at present.

Tele, you and others seem to think that I wish Ron Wood to be out, hence you use the term "wishful thinking". I don't wish him to be out of the band, but how can one interpret this otherwise? Your explanation applies also to the other three, but there I read "present" instead of "2010", so your 'explanation' is far from convincing. Let's wait and see.

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: May 25, 2010 02:37

i would say that the writing is on the wall....

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 25, 2010 02:42

For this year it doesn't matter anyway - no new album, no tour - nothing. Just Exile.

Ding.

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: May 25, 2010 02:43

kleermaker
71Tele
kleermaker
He's out.

Wishful thinking. They would make an announcement. I think saying "2010" they are saying "through the present time", not his involvement ended in 2010. There is no compelling reason for them to remove him from the band. They are not touring or recording at present.

Tele, you and others seem to think that I wish Ron Wood to be out, hence you use the term "wishful thinking". I don't wish him to be out of the band, but how can one interpret this otherwise? Your explanation applies also to the other three, but there I read "present" instead of "2010", so your 'explanation' is far from convincing. Let's wait and see.

Not to mention that his also had said "to present" just like the others until recently. While it may prove to be nothing it still is something to think about. Whether if we are for or against the idea.

Posted by: RollingStonesRob ()
Date: May 25, 2010 02:43

I wonder if Rich Robinson will join the band?

htttp://www.last.fm/user/rocknrollcola

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: May 25, 2010 03:07

Well...there was nothing on the Rocket SOftware site (rs.com)...so I looked at rollingstones.com. winking smiley

Interesting. Never thought that drinking & extramarital affairs were taboo in the Stones. drinking smiley

Did Mick Taylor ever marry?

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-25 03:13 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 25, 2010 03:15

Amsterdamned
CindyC
Hmmmm - that is concerning.

Why?
Jones 5 years, Taylor 5 years,Wood 35 years. Time for a last change?

Jones 5 years? Who, Darryl?

I thought Brian was 7 years.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: May 25, 2010 03:19

Plus it WAS Brian's band(at least in the beginning!)

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 25, 2010 03:21

sweet neo con

Well...there was nothing on the Rocket SOftware site (rs.com)...so I looked at rollingstones.com. winking smiley

Interesting. Never thought that drinking & extramarital affairs were taboo in the Stones. drinking smiley

Interesting...I should have looked at this before proferring an opinion. I really don't know what to make of it, though if I were Woody, i would be a little put out that the others say "present" instead of "2010".

kleermaker, "wishful thinking" was the wrong choice of words on my part. I think it matters very little now whetehr Woody stays an official member or not.

Posted by: Stones Blah ()
Date: May 25, 2010 03:22

There are a lot of mistakes at this website and this is probably just one of them. Look at Ethan Russells photos and check out the picture of Charlie and Keith, but they labelled it Charlie and MICK! They can't even tell the diffence between Mick and Keith!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: May 25, 2010 03:23

Maybe they have already ditched him but made arrangements to keep it secret for not wanting to have any bad publicity of this kind during the exile promotion.

Date: May 25, 2010 03:30

Maybe they should ditch the idiots running the website!!!!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 25, 2010 03:36

sweet neo con

I do think beating or hitting your girlfriend or wife is out, at least since Brian left the band. I don't know if that's enough to get him thrown out for good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-25 03:36 by angee.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: May 25, 2010 05:31

Woody's contribution to the Stones has been the maximum. Such a breath of fresh air after the non-rhythm of Mick Taylor. Woody continued the double rhythm concept started by Richard-Jones. It is the Stones sound. Replace Woody? With who? Wilko Johnson?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 25, 2010 05:40

Carnaby
Woody's contribution to the Stones has been the maximum. Such a breath of fresh air after the non-rhythm of Mick Taylor. Woody continued the double rhythm concept started by Richard-Jones. It is the Stones sound. Replace Woody? With who? Wilko Johnson?

Yes, three or four years of fresh air followed by a quarter century of treading water.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 25, 2010 05:41

This was a deliberate change on the website...

Here is a screen grab I made a few weeks ago:

And here's a screen grab from tonight:

Does this mean anything?

Posted by: msw2525 ()
Date: May 25, 2010 05:46

ronnie is still a stone

Date: May 25, 2010 05:50

schillid
This was a deliberate change on the website...

Here is a screen grab I made a few weeks ago:

And here's a screen grab from tonight:

Does this mean anything?

That is interesting...to me, to go from the way it was, 1976-present, to 1976-2010 is one of only 3 explanations...

1. Someone having fun at our expense...ie, see if anyone notices
2. Changing it BECAUSE Ron is not an original, and only the three originals have 1962-present.
3. Ron is out...announcement to follow.

Very weird, and would explain to a great degree why Ron is absent during this Exile promo (I know he wasn't in the band recording exile, but for him not to be out marketing with everyone else because he wasn't on the original recording is stoopid!).

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: May 25, 2010 05:59

We have some hysteric friends.

Not that he was a full member of the band, commercially speaking, until 1990, when the others decided that he'd passed the (15 year) audition and signed him up as an equal partner. Now, at a mere 62 years old, he is the baby of the group, and despite some well-publicized personal problems, he continues to play, tour, paint and write with as much energy as ever.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-25 06:04 by carlostones10.

Date: May 25, 2010 06:03

carlostones10
He many many hysteric friends

Not that he was a full member of the band, commercially speaking, until 1990, when the others decided that he'd passed the (15 year) audition and signed him up as an equal partner. Now, at a mere 62 years old, he is the baby of the group, and despite some well-publicized personal problems, he continues to play, tour, paint and write with as much energy as ever.

Hardly hysteric...might even say ecstatic!

Date: May 25, 2010 06:07

They are probably trying to make corrections,(there are many at rollingstones.com) and because Ronnie is not involved in the Exile promotions someone has made this change. I would say just another mistake on the site. Until any anouncement he is a Rolling Stone.

Date: May 25, 2010 06:09

Stones Blah
They are probably trying to make corrections,(there are many at rollingstones.com) and because Ronnie is not involved in the Exile promotions someone has made this change. I would say just another mistake on the site. Until any anouncement he is a Rolling Stone.

Yes, good. We'll go with that then.

Posted by: squando ()
Date: May 25, 2010 06:54

Good! F him off for Jimmy Ripp!

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: May 25, 2010 07:26

nice to see stu there as complete stone!! well alright. true dat!

yeah weird on ronnie... oh well. i saw ron with stones in 75 while he was 'on loan' from small faces pop group. yeah weird. mixed emotions. ron made absolute history with jeff beck first two albums. for sure and for real. those amidst the most important seminal rock albums EVER recorded. paving the road for zep with this original onslaught of brilliance beckian style...

Faces long one of my uber faves. saw them fillmore east circa 70 71 and it was the real deal. stunning. absolutely overwhelmingly stunning. in that particular room too. my my my. wondrous...

ron, sounds like an epitaph sorry....also brilliant on many of the greatest rock albums ever when rod the mod bod was all country comforts not thinkng spandex sexy like a clownass mofo....
some of ron's acoustic work just stunningly tender and beautiful. he was also great in faces and they had only one guitar. !!! but they had rollin' mac...which is quite a big deal; and why the ROlling Stones don't have mcClagen is beyond me mateys....

great again seminal imo, rock rhythm crunch sounds of majesty; check ron strutting the rhythm thang sweet little rock and roller from one of rods albums....

well ron, at this point...i just say good luck. you had a longer run than you really worked for...all things considered...i mean really caring growing taking over when necessary REALLY supporting keith....oh well. mixed emotions. ron's a good lad. and had done so much. he's not that much more pathetic than a lot of those rockers his age tho....my my....mixed emotions....how stonian to do it like this...mick's a killer...we'll see....mebbe they jst scaring the shit out of ronnie...hawww.. could be....

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: May 25, 2010 07:33

i seriously doubt that ronnie has been kicked out. even if he were to be canned i seriously doubt they would get mick taylor to replace him. mick jagger would simply play more guitar onstage and in the studio and/or hire a guitarist that would not be an official member of the band.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 25, 2010 07:34

If Ronnie is out of the band and it's up to Keith to do whatever then it will be a really tall order for one queer...

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 25, 2010 07:50

Let's see...the Stones are near full retirement..they decide, in 2010, to get rid of Ronnie....sure, that makes sense...

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 25, 2010 07:53

For what it's worth...Ronnie is still listed as a member of The Rolling Stones on their Facebook page.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: May 25, 2010 08:06

ghostryder13
i seriously doubt that ronnie has been kicked out. even if he were to be canned i seriously doubt they would get mick taylor to replace him. mick jagger would simply play more guitar onstage and in the studio and/or hire a guitarist that would not be an official member of the band.

jags can't cover rhythm git and the front the way he does it.
and he probably can't rhythm git either, aside from a few numbers. lets face it.
u right imo they won't make anybody else 'official'...
the taylor thing? who knows...???

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2157
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home