Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Stones VIDEO - Live at the LA Forum 1969 !! Rare STRAY CAT/NO EXPECTATIONS Live 1969
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: July 30, 2009 14:58

First serious concert a VERY young Helter went to - STONES, 11/8/1969 LA Forum. Somebody snuck in a video recorder/camera and .........

Portions of LITTLE QUEENIE/SATISFACTION

MERCY MERCY/STRAY CAT BLUES/NO EXPECTATIONS (great arrangement -
faster tempo with drums) - outtakes from Hyde Park, July, 1969

Amazing Stuff - 1969 RULES !!! What do you think? Pure Rock and roll or what?

Re: Stones VIDEO - Live at the LA Forum 1969 !! Rare STRAY CAT/NO EXPECTATIONS Live 1969
Posted by: highanddry ()
Date: July 30, 2009 15:04

HelterSkelter
First serious concert a VERY young Helter went to - STONES, 11/8/1969 LA Forum. Somebody snuck in a video recorder/camera and .........

Portions of LITTLE QUEENIE/SATISFACTION

Cool!

BTW, video recorders and camera were the size of Volkswagens back in those days, how the heck did someone "sneak" one in, and that close to boot?

thumbs up

Re: Stones VIDEO - Live at the LA Forum 1969 !! Rare STRAY CAT/NO EXPECTATIONS Live 1969
Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 30, 2009 15:23

Thank you for that,Helter,great stuff.
And some butterflies were thougher than tough...

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: July 30, 2009 15:32

thanks !!!!!!!! hot smiley

Posted by: jane tarzan ()
Date: July 30, 2009 15:58

Oh my God!!! Just listen to Keith's sound and playing on "Little Queenie". That's the stuff that made a legend. Solid and strong and taking things from Berry and turning them his own. That short clip of him playing rhythm, wow!

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: July 30, 2009 16:35

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: July 30, 2009 17:46

Riffbuk, JANUARY 22, 2009 !?!?!? Come on, sorry but I never saw that one. The whole purpose is share great stuff with other fans. On top of that the Hyde Park footage is included - i'm not into any kind of competition, just want fans to see some of the great stuff I have found, especially 1969 stuff (concerts, etc) - thanks for your earlier one !!! Helter

High and Dry, Believe it or not, in the very "early days", security let you bring in recorders and cameras (still and Super 8 movie) most of the time. (I took a small super 8 into the Stones Forum show but forgot to slip in the little key that removed a certain filter so it made everything too dark for the camera to read). Security stated getting serious after the boots LIVEr THAN YOU'LL EVER BE, ZEPPELIN'S LIVE ON BLUEBERRY HILL, and DYLAN'S GREAT WHITE WONDER (not a recorded concert) were released and money started pouring in. After that clever booter's used wheel chairs with equipment underneath smiling smiley .... VERY sly.....

Posted by: highanddry ()
Date: July 30, 2009 17:50

HelterSkelter
High and Dry, Believe it or not, in the very "early days", security let you bring in recorders and cameras (still and Super 8 movie) most of the time. (I took a small super 8 into the Stones Forum show but forgot to slip in the little key that removed a certain filter so it made everything too dark for the camera to read). Security stated getting serious after the boots LIVEr THAN YOU'LL EVER BE, ZEPPELIN'S LIVE ON BLUEBERRY HILL, and DYLAN'S GREAT WHITE WONDER (not a recorded concert) were released and money started pouring in. After that clever booter's used wheel chairs with equipment underneath smiling smiley .... VERY sly.....

Ohhhh, now I understand. You didn't take a videocamera in, you took a Super 8 film camera in.

:-)

Big difference in size, the equivalent of an elephant and a mosquito, I took you literally when you said "video", which in those days was extremely bulky equipment.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: July 30, 2009 18:02

Thanx, man!

I just love 69 !!

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: July 30, 2009 18:06

CousinC
I just love 69 !!

that's funny, IORR is the only one place in the net where we don't even think about smiling here :-)

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: July 30, 2009 18:12

Thanks for that one.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: July 30, 2009 18:38

HelterSkelter
Riffbuk, JANUARY 22, 2009 !?!?!? Come on, sorry but I never saw that one. The whole purpose is share great stuff with other fans. On top of that the Hyde Park footage is included - i'm not into any kind of competition, just want fans to see some of the great stuff I have found, especially 1969 stuff (concerts, etc) - thanks for your earlier one !!! Helter

Helter ,I'm sorry to interfere .Great stuff here (I got almost crazy when I 1st saw the video )

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-31 10:11 by SwayStones.

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: July 30, 2009 18:38

Hi HelterSkelter!!

I just add the other link to share more points of view regarding this amazing video.Like you said, its just to make these videos more available to more fans smileys with beer

What about the 8mm footage?? Do you still have it?? nowadays some labs could make a miracle by recovering frame by frame and make the film better!

And I love 69 too!!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-30 18:53 by Riffbuk.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 30, 2009 18:59

just for the information of anyone who wants it: that Hyde Park Mercy Mercy/Stray Cat/No Expectations footage
was included in re-releases of Stones in the Park that came out a couple of years ago.
i have a French version, but it later came out in the UK as well: [www.amazon.co.uk]

Date: July 30, 2009 21:02

the intro "mercy mercy" is not on other audio soures

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 30, 2009 21:13

Superb stuff - we all love 69, don't we?

It is the first time I have seen those three Hyde Park numbers, even though been listening them from bootlegs for decades. A wonderful moment that in the end of "Stray Cat Blues" where otherwise cool-faced Jagger quickly looks to Taylor's direction - in the middle of the guitars filling the air and giving glimpses of the years to come - and smiles; one can read his mind saying "shit, we have another gear now"..

"No Expectations": this is Mick Taylor's favourite Stones song, and he plays it regularly these days. But is it so tragic that this is the first and last performance of the song with the Stones? Such a shame - a truely great version, and Taylor plays wonderfully.

- Doxa

Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: July 30, 2009 22:54

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

incredible footage. What a solo in Satisfaction, I'm speechless. Thats the band I fell in love with . .

My nightly prayer tonight: "oh Lord, please let there be more video footage of the 69-73 stones, please Lord, may it see the light of day."

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: July 30, 2009 23:04

Doxa, didn't they do it either at the Nicaraguan Earthquake Benefit or one of the Hawaii shows in '73

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: July 30, 2009 23:10

texas fan
Doxa, didn't they do it either at the Nicaraguan Earthquake Benefit or one of the Hawaii shows in '73

Yeah it was the Earthquake Benefit show in Jan. '73.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: July 30, 2009 23:11

vancouver
the intro "mercy mercy" is not on other audio soures

Yes it is, it was firs made available on a CDR and also included the entire Rambler -uncut and without comments. I believe this source was copied by VGP.

Mathijs

Date: July 30, 2009 23:26

ok not on mine .

thanks anyway...sadly no audience of this show on digital media yet ?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 30, 2009 23:55

This is what I want to hear.....Stones roots...great great great......did you hear the bassplayer all the way trough

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 31, 2009 00:42

nice!!!!!!!!!!! this is why we need a complete 69 dvd!!!!!!!

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: July 31, 2009 01:00

I never noticed the Vox AC-30 on the Hyde Park stage before.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: July 31, 2009 03:00

There goes Mick Taylor again, @#$%& up a perfectly good song. About time someone said it, don't you think?

Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: July 31, 2009 05:13

Carnaby..I would bet anything your a guitar player and in your small mind, you think you could smoke Taylor on guitar? You hot shots are all alike..dead give away.

Date: July 31, 2009 14:08

Tumblin_Dice_07
texas fan

Yeah it was the Earthquake Benefit show in Jan. '73.

Well, I just checked if people are awake... grinning smiley
Seriously, mine was just a wild guess. One can always rely on IORR to get the facts right! Cheers, guys! smileys with beer

- Doxa

Date: July 31, 2009 14:10

Carnaby
There goes Mick Taylor again, @#$%& up a perfectly good song. About time someone said it, don't you think?

Yeah, bring back Brian!

- Doxa

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: July 31, 2009 15:48

HelterSkelter

Amazing Stuff - 1969 RULES !!! What do you think? Pure Rock and roll or what?

What I think ?
Pure rock'n roll for sure. Goosebumps. There are no words to discribe Taylor's sound .Wild sound of the band ,a wild faced Jagger (under control I guess as he was one of the first to understand that they could give more than music to the audience )

I always wonder why this show was so underrated (musically ).
Of course Jagger seemed ill , Mick Taylor managed well to perform in front of such a huge audience .Why this was not a musical triumph ?

Anyhow,Shelter,times is never on one's side.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: boogie69 ()
Date: August 1, 2009 22:10

Cool!

BTW, video recorders and camera were the size of Volkswagens back in those days, how the heck did someone "sneak" one in, and that close to boot?

That's what I was thinking too! And the quality is amazing considering everything, it's really clear and the audio appears to be in sync, it's really incredible. Once again, Taylor's lead work is outstanding.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2513
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home