Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Stones VIDEO - Live at the LA Forum 1969 !! Rare STRAY CAT/NO EXPECTATIONS Live 1969
Date: August 1, 2009 22:36

Hyde Park is mindblower, but the first footage from 69 !!! never seen Taylor like that - still very early on with the hippy hair in his face; his body language is more intense that it would be later on. He makes that SG SING at 1:13 on "Satisfaction". Sing.

Re: Stones VIDEO - Live at the LA Forum 1969 !! Rare STRAY CAT/NO EXPECTATIONS Live 1969
Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: August 2, 2009 00:18

I've said before...That 11/8/69, 2nd show was a strong one by Keith. I watched him a lot that night. The recording is available. I highly recommend it and that performance.

Not sure what song someone thinks Taylor f*d up. They sound fine to me even if Hyde Park is a bit rough.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: August 2, 2009 17:01

Gosh, that Hyde Park stuff is just bloody wonderful. Guitars are horribly out of tune in spots, but it is precious. I love MT's solo during No Expectations, absolutely love it. There is a near disaster during SCB, but that makes it so much fun to watch and listen to. This is a very spontanious performance. SCB gets even a little funky near the end (after the flub), which is just to die for, what rock and roll is (was) all about.

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: August 2, 2009 20:39

Doxa

Well, I just checked if people are awake... grinning smiley
Seriously, mine was just a wild guess. One can always rely on IORR to get the facts right! Cheers, guys! smileys with beer

- Doxa

You weren't off by much. It was the first time they played it with Taylor, and the Nicaraguan Earthquake Benefit was the 2nd and last time they played it with him.......on stage at least........that we know of....

Posted by: bigmac7895 ()
Date: August 3, 2009 01:31

Is the Hyde Park DVD worth getting? Does it have the whole show, or it is missing these songs?

Date: August 3, 2009 01:47

Hyde Park is most definitely worth getting; just for the time capsule alone. Watching all the people off the side of the stage is just as much fun as center stage.

Date: August 3, 2009 04:42

I would love to see and hear more of that Forum video. Those clips are wonderful!

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: August 3, 2009 07:37

Thanks Helter, that was about 3 weeks before the ya ya's show(s) at MSG. You picked a great "first serious concert to go to"

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 3, 2009 08:52

>> Is the Hyde Park DVD worth getting? Does it have the whole show, or it is missing these songs? <<

yes it is worth getting! and the outtake footage is on the recent re-releases of it.

Date: August 4, 2009 17:33

That short clip of Keith playing rhythm on LQ reminds me of how I felt about his playing during that show. What he did looked so simple that you'd think you or I could do it. The genius was in the simplicity. It almost sounded random until you realized how it fit into each song's structure. The brashness came from the clear musical vision about how this band played RnR. It was confident. It made a statement. And there was a certain about of restraint in the show that I admired and left you wanting more. I do not have many specific memories, but I certainly remember the impression the show left on me. I left that show thinking I could do THAT...ahh...but I couldn't.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: August 13, 2009 01:13

HOW THE MIGHTY HAVE FALLEN.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1578
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home