Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith alone Instrumental on SAL
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: July 6, 2009 11:42

You know what I'm talking about, that short instrumental bit that is featured in the extras of the SAL DVD, and the credits at the end of the film.

Once again, this is as beautiful a piece of music can be!

In the movie it is as if Keith was casually caught noodling in open G, and I believe it was not set up to appear this way.

But even if it was, this is the best evidence that the man is pure sublime rock and roll. The touch, the feel, you don't learn that stuff at school!

God bless him!

C

Re: Keith alone Instrumental on SAL
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 6, 2009 11:52

Your right Liddas, an impressive peace of music.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 6, 2009 18:06

I could be wrong but I think I remember someone saying it's the music/song he played for Pirates Of The Caribbean...

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 6, 2009 19:36

You're correct. Its called "Only Found Out Yesterday." The Stones also cut a version of it during the LICKS sessions in May/June 2002.

Date: July 6, 2009 19:58

Rocky Dijon
The Stones also cut a version of it during the LICKS sessions in May/June 2002.

You mean a band effort?

C

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 6, 2009 20:07

Seems to be a incomplete version. Would love to hear this on a CD, it is very great.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: July 6, 2009 22:37

liddas
You know what I'm talking about, that short instrumental bit that is featured in the extras of the SAL DVD, and the credits at the end of the film.

Once again, this is as beautiful a piece of music can be!

In the movie it is as if Keith was casually caught noodling in open G, and I believe it was not set up to appear this way.

But even if it was, this is the best evidence that the man is pure sublime rock and roll. The touch, the feel, you don't learn that stuff at school!

God bless him!

C

cool observation; thnx and i quite agree mon...
ever see that short clip...'making of pirates of carib' or somesuch?
they hand keith that turtle git on soundstage...(quite a story in itself that git) and he starts to noodle a bit...revelation! as you say...
his touch his delicate and naturally authoratititve in that he knows senses exactly what to do...exactly what that git has to say...it's subtle but he's wringing it, delicate vibrato...beautiful single note stuff w some harmonies and finger-pickin' sorta...had the same impression as u did from the SAL stuff liddas...that guy is so wonderful.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: July 7, 2009 03:50

For a guy that is known for all of these timless elctric riffs I have grown so fond of Keith's sensitive side it all started for me with We Had It All.

Date: July 7, 2009 11:27

Beelyboy

cool observation; thnx and i quite agree mon...
ever see that short clip...'making of pirates of carib' or somesuch?
they hand keith that turtle git on soundstage...(quite a story in itself that git) and he starts to noodle a bit...revelation! as you say...
his touch his delicate and naturally authoratititve in that he knows senses exactly what to do...exactly what that git has to say...it's subtle but he's wringing it, delicate vibrato...beautiful single note stuff w some harmonies and finger-pickin' sorta...had the same impression as u did from the SAL stuff liddas...that guy is so wonderful.

Think I should get that Pirates thing after all, sounds interesting! Might even end up buying a turtle git ...

By the way, that Hurricane had some mean dynamics too ...

C

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: July 7, 2009 11:41

Keith considers acoustic guitar to be the basis for his playing and has said: "Every guitar player should play acoustic at home. No matter what else you do, if you don't keep up your acoustic work, you're never going to get the full potential out of an electric, because you lose that touch."

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: yorkey ()
Date: August 3, 2009 15:39

Sorry to bump this thread after a month. I would really like to learn to play this song on guitar, and I just can't find its tablature anywhere. If I'm missing something just say, I've only gotten my guitar recently so I don't know all that much about it yet.

Date: August 3, 2009 15:47

Keith sounds like Lou Reed on that one winking smiley

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: August 3, 2009 17:17

don't think you'll find the tabs for it online, if it only has been heard during the end credits sad smiley
my musical ear is not good enough to tab it unfortunately and the ones here that are good guitar players detest tabs winking smiley

Posted by: yorkey ()
Date: August 3, 2009 17:49

Oh ok, well I'll keep an eye out for it if it does surface one day.

And why do guitar players detest tablature? Do you mean they prefer classical notation?

Date: August 3, 2009 17:55

yorkey
Sorry to bump this thread after a month. I would really like to learn to play this song on guitar, and I just can't find its tablature anywhere. If I'm missing something just say, I've only gotten my guitar recently so I don't know all that much about it yet.

No, no tabs.

After some repeated listening, I'm getting quite close to it.

All I can tell you is it is in open G and no pick. Open strings in combination with Keith's usual fingerings, up and down the neck.

Great, great piece of music.

C

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1653
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home