Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT : BB King at the Nice Jazz Festival (France )
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: July 21, 2009 18:18

I saw him today on the French T.V.
83 Years old.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Re: OT : BB King at the Nice Jazz Festival (France )
Date: July 27, 2009 13:01

Some reviews may be ?
Who already saw him on stage ?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: July 27, 2009 14:23

As I wrote in another thread - I saw him 2 weeks ago, he was really good. I mean you can not compare this with Stones or Bruce or similar acts, the "show" is really different, but the music is simply great and at his age he still deliveres. His voice is very strong, his guitar playing is brillint. He spends quite a lot of time talking, telling different stories, but I found it okay. During let's say 1,5 hour set you get about 50-55 minutes of music. Not bad for 83 year old. And as I wrote the music is really good. The tickets are really expensive, but it is worth the price. I mean - I don't need to see him more times on one tour, but if there ever is another tour, I wouln't mind seenig him again.

Here are some nice pics from the show I saw: [musicserver.cz]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-27 14:24 by Happy24.

Date: July 27, 2009 16:02

Thanks Happy !I haven't seen the other thread,sorry !Your photos are very nice indeed .
Wasn't in the South of France at this date ,unfortunately....
I saw the report on the French TV ,you kn ow what ? Just after listening his music ,I took a look at his fingers....young man's one ,right ? I couldn't help thinking of Keith's one...

Date: July 27, 2009 16:17

Yeap, you are right about B.B.'s fingers. They look young, thin and do such a nice fast vibrato. And yes, I was also thinking about Keith's hands when I was watching this 83 year old guy. Poor Keith, but there is nothing he can do about it. Bob has pretty much the same problem, doesn't he?

Posted by: Strike ()
Date: July 27, 2009 16:38

Saw him at the north sea jazz in Rotterdam two weeks ago. Have to say that the performance is weak. It´s just a nostalgic act that can´t be compared to the shows at least ten years ago. It´s more about seeing a legend the last time than about music.

Date: July 27, 2009 17:25

I don't know - I saw him for the first time, so I can not compare and I believe you that 10 or more years ago it must have been much better. But what I saw, I wouldn't call that weak. Anyway, the reaction of the audience seemd to me really weard, they aplauded each word he said, while the music didn't get an adequate reaction. It was like people were scared to show loudly that they liked it. That made me feel like being in a museum, but I don't blame B.B. for that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1451
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home