Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Super Deluxe Impressions so far...
Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: May 19, 2010 00:06

Wow!!!! So great. The book is very nice. I like the Live section of pics best as it is glossy while the others are just paper print, although still nice. Love the LP Album as well, although I wish the cd's had their own case instead of being inserted into the middle of the album. Not a big issue but just a preference.
LOVE the dvd, even though it is a tease itself. The CS Blues portion makes me want to watch this in full again while the 2 songs from L&G are just great and better then any version of L&G I've ever seen! Can't wait for the full DVD or Blue Ray release later in the year. This looks and sounds so great! And I love how Mick used to sing with Keith on Happy. In fact taking over the mic for most of the chorus....Taylor in fine form. Just WOW
Now I'm off to listen to the extra disc of bonus tracks.
Despite any complaints by some of the new/old songs....this set has made my day. My year! This is why I'm a Stones fan. The greatest rock-n-roll band indeed!!!

Re: Super Deluxe Impressions so far...
Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: May 19, 2010 00:28

Love your attitude.
Could not agree more.

Re: Super Deluxe Impressions so far...
Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: May 19, 2010 01:00

Ok, after listening to the new tracks all the way through I must say that I like the songs with new Jagger vocals even more than I like the old ones featured.
I must admit that hearing some of these early online, I felt that some of the new vocals were not up to speed, however listening to these on a good sound system from the cd I have to say WOW!!!
Just think, if these had been kept quiet (not counting the few that had instrumentals on boots) and they had just said , hey we've been recording and here is a new cd, everyone would have ate this up! They are really that good. Nothing wrong with Jagger's vocals at all. In fact as I sat here listening I was taken back to 1972 and these vocals fit really well.
I couldn't ask for anything more from this realease. All I can say is, if this is the start to a vault raid to release more out takes then I can't wait to hear what the future holds for us Stones fans.
Now I'm off to listen to these tracks some more! But I also must say I really didn't like Following The River when I saw the video online. But listening to this on a good sound system...I see what those that loved it must have heard! WOW Thank you Mick Jagger! Thank you Rolling Stones!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1296
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home