Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New Boots !!!!!! ???
Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: June 12, 2009 21:52

Re: New Boots !!!!!! ???
Posted by: Britney ()
Date: June 12, 2009 23:40

So a boot of a cleaner Ya Ya's acetate has been released!

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: June 12, 2009 23:43

Sound Quality: Excellent Soundboard

Opening 0:59/Jumpin' Jack Flash 3:18/Carol 3:41/Stray Cat Blues 3:50/Love In Vain 4:58/Midnight Rambler 9:45/Sympathy For The Devil 5:57/Live With Me 3:09/Little Queenie 4:43/Honky Tonk Women 3:25/Street Fighting Man 4:07

Channels Reversed - Acetate versions as above.

Stray Cat Blues 3:53/Love In Vain 5:06/Sympathy For The Devil 5:58

Comment: This all comes down to whether this a cleaner acetate than the one that has already been released since the musical takes and mixes are all the same as previously released versions. And the answer is: Yes, overall this is a cleaner disc although not perfect. You're gonna hear a little surface noise and crackles in places, but hey, as acetates go this is cleaner than the previous disc. And as far as the Glyn Johns mix goes you get more guitar and more Keith back-up vocals. Previously released as "Get Your Ya-Yas Out" (RS 1 Sapromo) and "F**k Your Ya Ya's Out!" VGP-160 released with two editions and cover versions, but both of these titles are from a different acetate than this one used for this release. For the whole story on the Apple test acetate check: [rollingstonesnet.com]

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 14, 2009 00:05

vancouver
Sound Quality: Excellent Soundboard

Opening 0:59/Jumpin' Jack Flash 3:18/Carol 3:41/Stray Cat Blues 3:50/Love In Vain 4:58/Midnight Rambler 9:45/Sympathy For The Devil 5:57/Live With Me 3:09/Little Queenie 4:43/Honky Tonk Women 3:25/Street Fighting Man 4:07

Channels Reversed - Acetate versions as above.

Stray Cat Blues 3:53/Love In Vain 5:06/Sympathy For The Devil 5:58

Comment: This all comes down to whether this a cleaner acetate than the one that has already been released since the musical takes and mixes are all the same as previously released versions. And the answer is: Yes, overall this is a cleaner disc although not perfect. You're gonna hear a little surface noise and crackles in places, but hey, as acetates go this is cleaner than the previous disc. And as far as the Glyn Johns mix goes you get more guitar and more Keith back-up vocals. Previously released as "Get Your Ya-Yas Out" (RS 1 Sapromo) and "F**k Your Ya Ya's Out!" VGP-160 released with two editions and cover versions, but both of these titles are from a different acetate than this one used for this release. For the whole story on the Apple test acetate check: [rollingstonesnet.com]

I'll share this IMP per torrent in a week or two....

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 14, 2009 11:56

"I'll share this IMP per torrent in a week or two...."

smileys with beer hot smiley smileys with beer hot smiley smileys with beer hot smiley

Date: July 8, 2009 21:21

dcba
"I'll share this IMP per torrent in a week or two...."

Recieved it today - will upload on Hungercity.org in 2-3 hours....have to dig up a scanner first - think I saw one buired....somewhere

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-08 22:06 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: July 8, 2009 22:36

Thanks Erik. I hope this is a "real" upgrade and not just a remastered/EQ´ed version of the old acetate.

Date: July 8, 2009 23:11

Tornandfrayed
Thanks Erik. I hope this is a "real" upgrade and not just a remastered/EQ´ed version of the old acetate.

Hi TornAndFrayed, yeah - it's the real thing...having only compared it with "F# Your Ya Yas Out" (VGP).....it's from a different acetate - less crackles, and better sound ("better" in that way that the acetate used has clearer sound....since it's not as worn-out) - it's NOT perfect though !
Doesn't appear to be any no-noise-nonsense....it sounds very natural and good; and the crackles on this bootleg (IMP) is very evident....however they are much sweeter than the monster-crackles we're used to. BTW, the new IMP label has been very good at NOT EQing/no-noising the recordings they use. In fact there's more hiss on new IMP than most other CD-bootlegs....but they also have better "punch" because of this
However....I haven't compared with the Apple/Scorpio release yet; can't find the CDR I have...but I remember to be way worse than *this IMP*
Yet to hear the "Broadway" LP.....never heard it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-08 23:17 by Erik_Snow.

Date: July 9, 2009 01:25

It's up on Hungercity now : [www.hungercity.org]

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: July 9, 2009 01:44

Tried to log on to Hungercity:
Our site is down for maintenance, please come back later.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 9, 2009 02:44

Deltics
Tried to log on to Hungercity:
Our site is down for maintenance, please come back later.

maybe they're on Hungerstrike?

any chance to get this on RocksOff?

Date: July 9, 2009 02:49

open-g
maybe they're on Hungerstrike?

any chance to get this on RocksOff?

Open-g; Hungercity is working perfectly for me....I don't understand why it's closed for some of you

But since you request it...YES; I'll upload it to Rocks Off - once the tracker there is OK - hopefully tomorrow...stay tuned !

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: July 9, 2009 03:28

Thanks for posting Erik,l got it at Hungercity.

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: July 9, 2009 12:18

Hmm, I tried again this morning and still got the same response.
Looks like the ever reliable UrbanSteel is on the job, though!

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: July 9, 2009 12:20

thanks for the third time, Erik smiling smiley great trade and upload.

and by the way, does anyone have "Mick Taylor Plays Love In Vain" compilation?

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: July 9, 2009 12:59

Tks Erik, I 'm d/l in this very moment.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: July 9, 2009 13:36

Thanks for the ya ya's Erik!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1395
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home