Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Billy Mays died
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 28, 2009 20:40

Re: OT: Billy Mays died
Posted by: Happy2 ()
Date: June 28, 2009 21:04

Thats really sad. RIP.

I wonder if he will be embalmed with Orange Glo? Oh, come on. You know the jokes will start sometime!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-28 21:04 by Happy2.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 28, 2009 23:05

It's really sad when anyone that young passes.

RIP Billy.

....at least we still have the Sham Wow guy!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 28, 2009 23:11

BluzDude
It's really sad when anyone that young passes.

RIP Billy.

....at least we still have the Sham Wow guy!

Their is no Justice.eye rolling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

WTF?? Now Billy Mays is dead?
Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: June 28, 2009 22:34

Crazy

TV pitchman Billy Mays found dead in Florida home

By Erin Durkin
DAILY NEWS WRITER

Updated Sunday, June 28th 2009, 3:01 PM
Pitchman Billy Mays became famous for his infomercials. Showalter for News

Pitchman Billy Mays became famous for his infomercials.
Related News
Articles

Spirited TV pitchman Billy Mays was found dead at his Tampa home earlier this morning, police said.

Mays, 50, lent his trademark booming voice to infomercials for products like OxiClean and Orange Glo.

His wife, Deborah Mays, found him at their home Sunday morning, the Associated Press reported. Tampa police said there were no signs of a break in or foul play.

An autopsy will be done by Monday afternoon to determine the cause of death.

"Although Billy lived a public life, we don't anticipate making any public statements over the next couple of days," Deborah Mays said in a statement. "Our family asks that you respect our privacy during these difficult times."

Mays, who got his start peddling products to passersby on the Atlantic City Boardwalk, has plugged Mighty Putty, the Ding King dent repair kit, and, most recently, the website ESPN360.com

"With every product you see me on TV with, I've turned down 100, 150 more," Mays told the News earlier this month, while in New York for a look alike contest. "I've been on TV for 11 years, and all I have is my good name."

"I compare myself to a big-league slugger, a quarterback, the doctor who delivers the baby," he said. "I'm not an inventor, but I'll take your product to the next level."

Read more: [www.nydailynews.com]

Re: WTF?? Now Billy Mays is dead?
Date: June 28, 2009 22:45

Already been posted Bingo.

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: June 28, 2009 22:46

I looked, but not well enough I guess. Late to the dance again.

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: June 28, 2009 22:47

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: June 28, 2009 23:10

Sad but true (Bingo, remember, you ALWAYS want an official "Helter Report" confirmation on all celebrity deaths. Here's the "Billy Mays official confirmation" )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-29 00:41 by HelterSkelter.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 28, 2009 23:34

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!

Unfortunately, not this time.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: June 28, 2009 23:37

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: June 28, 2009 23:38

does this mean that the products he pushed will sell better?....like Michael Jackson's catalogue

Date: June 29, 2009 00:39

Who is he?

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: June 29, 2009 00:43

Sir Craven of Cottage
Who is he?

Sells Late night sh*t on Late night TV (cable stations that go dead around 2am - 5am)

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: June 29, 2009 00:53

I've seen him on day time TV. Every time he came in the tube I ahd to turn doen the volume, as his voice was like a cannon. Rest well Billy...

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 29, 2009 21:38

Perhaps he's not known outside of North America? One thing to note is that after he started promoting Oxyclean, other manufacturers have now come out with their version and also the Orangeglow, companies like Pledge now have orange cleaners. At least some of the products he promoted seem to be legitimate cleansers!
I didn't mind seeing him but I can't stand Vince, the Shamwow guy!

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: June 29, 2009 22:00

From the dye that he had in his beard!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 30, 2009 01:11

Mrs Tatters: Did you hear that Willie Mays died?
Tatters: Willie Mays died? Willie Mays the ballplayer?
Mrs Tatters: No. Willie Mays the pitchman.
Tatters: Huh?

Date: June 30, 2009 01:13

"No play for Mr. Gray"

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: June 30, 2009 01:15

my mother also announced that willie mays was dead...

my first thought when i figured out who she meant was - another death caused by a head injury?? same pattern as natasha richardson...hit head, felt fine, felt bad, died.

it means that we need to really be grateful for keith - he went through the same sequence but oh-soooo-fortunately, skipped the last step!!

Date: June 30, 2009 01:40

little queenie

That's funny. For the benefit of non-Americans, Willie Mays is a retired American baseball player who played centerfield for the New York Giants, the San Francisco Giants, and, briefly, the New York Mets, during a career that spanned the years 1951-1973.

Date: June 30, 2009 01:54

tatters
little queenie

That's funny. For the benefit of non-Americans, Willie Mays is a retired American baseball player who played centerfield for the New York Giants, the San Francisco Giants, and, briefly, the New York Mets, during a career that spanned the years 1951-1973.

It should also be pointed out,that he is still very much alive.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: June 30, 2009 04:41

i bought orange glow.....and i also met Billy Mays.

he signed a photo to my wife & me...saying... "keep it clean!"

i'll scan it when i find it.

here's a news report which speculates on the cause...

How can a person be fine one minute and dead the next?

It happened to Natasha Richardson in March. After hitting her head on a ski slope in Canada, the Tony Award-winning actress was seemingly fine, laughing about being clumsy before heading back to her hotel room.

But a short-time later, Richardson complained of severe head pain and from there her condition deteriorated, she went into a coma shortly after arriving at a Canadian hospital and was taken off life support two days later.

Now, some are wondering if that same fate befell TV pitchman Billy Mays, who died Sunday after suffering a head injury Saturday after the airplane he was on had a rough landing at Tampa Bay's airport.

It's "something we call the ‘talk and die’ syndrome,” Dr. Steven Flanagan, director of Rusk Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine at New York University’s Langone Medical Center, told FOXNews.com at the time of Richardson's death.

“What this implies is that someone hits their head and they are seemingly OK initially," he said. "But then they get a rapid collection of blood — usually called epidural hemorrhage — and that means bleeding between the skull and the brain.”

Fifty-year-old Mays, who joked with a reporter about his head injury after the plane's landing Saturday, apparently told his wife later that night he was not feeling well when he went to bed. He was found dead the next morning.

IORR............but I like it!

Date: June 30, 2009 04:46

autopsy reports show that Billy Mays died from a heart-related condition and not from head trauma as was speculated

Posted by: peter wilson ()
Date: June 30, 2009 06:27

with all due respect to the subject (RIP), as far as infomercials go, does anybody remember Tom Vu? his shows were better than any comedy show on TV at the time

Date: June 30, 2009 06:38

peter wilson
with all due respect to the subject (RIP), as far as infomercials go, does anybody remember Tom Vu? his shows were better than any comedy show on TV at the time

Posted by: peter wilson ()
Date: June 30, 2009 06:56

brilliant video, and at the time many years back he was holding a seminar in my city, and I didn't go because Tom Vu wasn't appearing. I wanted to see the star of the show! (not that I believed in anything he was peddling - like I said, best comedy show on TV)

Date: June 30, 2009 07:00

peter wilson
brilliant video, and at the time many years back he was holding a seminar in my city, and I didn't go because Tom Vu wasn't appearing. I wanted to see the star of the show! (not that I believed in anything he was peddling - like I said, best comedy show on TV)
lol!...good story...Tom Vu rocks....got a waterfall in the front.. a waterfall in the back....a waterfall inside the house.....sick of hearing water!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-30 07:04 by Rollin' Stoner.

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: June 30, 2009 07:18

He was the greatest baseball player of the second half of the 20th century. That catch he made with the Giants on Vic Wertz in the 1954 World Series will live forever. His statistics were cheated by all those years playing in Candlestick Park. Nonetheless, he hung on past his sell-by date with the Mets.

You mean you're not talking about Willie Mays? Who the f-ck is Billy Mays? Some whippersnapper whose informercials are broadcast way past my bedtime! So what?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-30 07:52 by baxlap.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 30, 2009 08:23

sweetcharmedlife
tatters
little queenie

It should also be pointed out,that he is still very much alive.

It should also be pointed out that Willie Mays is the greatest all around baseball player of all time, bar none.

p

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1621
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home