Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Where is Ronnie in all this?
Date: May 16, 2010 14:26

Ron Wood was not on Exile, but this has never held him back before. From the start he has acted and been received like a full Stone. But in the big push as of late, the inner core Stones are showing an uncharacteristic loyalty to Wyman, Taylor, Keys; nothing wrong with that, just...where's Wood? Is he being punished?

Re: Where is Ronnie in all this?
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 16, 2010 14:32

Palace Revolution 2000
Ron Wood was not on Exile, but this has never held him back before. From the start he has acted and been received like a full Stone. But in the big push as of late, the inner core Stones are showing an uncharacteristic loyalty to Wyman, Taylor, Keys; nothing wrong with that, just...where's Wood? Is he being punished?

He's either shagging a Russian or whacking a Brasilian around ... haven't you been reading the tabloids ? Do pay attention ! These are very time consuming activities, and he can't be doing with all this Rolling Stones palaver in addition ! A man can only have so much on his plate at once !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: behroez ()
Date: May 16, 2010 14:37

I noticed that Ron Wood's picture has also disappeared as the "pictogram" of the official Rolling Stones Channel on Youtube (though he is still mentioned as an official Stones member on that site).....we'll see.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 16, 2010 14:38

The Stones are heavily promoting this Exile reisue, with interviews and the like. As it is a current Stones project - so to speak - I really do feel that Mr. Wood should be involved in at least some capacity. If this is the Stones back after a 2-or-3-year hiatus, then he should be there, IMO.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: May 16, 2010 14:39

Ronnies been left in charge of things back in London hes chairmen of the board of Stones Corp. for a few days.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 16, 2010 14:39

Someone has ta pack the Super Deluxe box-sets.....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: May 16, 2010 14:49

what's he going to say besides "i like the record"?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 16, 2010 14:54

Palace Revolution 2000

Don't think that. Not much about Brian either,dead or alive.Ron and Brian were not involved in the project. Simpel as that.

Posted by: jjflash73 ()
Date: May 16, 2010 15:22

if we are using the guidelines that the people who played on the record were the ones appearing with the core members of Mick, Keith and Charlie this week in NY, where was Bobby Keys? why was Chuck there? and again why wasn't Mick T there?

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: May 16, 2010 15:25

Ya cant really read anything into it at this stage considering they are only doing a few interviews.Be a different story if it had to do with a new album or tour or something..so hes not with the other three no big deal.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: May 16, 2010 15:30

last i heard taylor's sick and wyman hates flying

Posted by: DD ()
Date: May 16, 2010 15:45

I imagine he's not there because there's only so many times you can say "I wasn't in the band when they recorded this album" to journalists before it becomes very boring for all concerned.

Declan

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 16, 2010 17:50

Ronnie is busy polishing the amps.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 16, 2010 18:01

Palace Revolution 2000

Three words:

WASN'T

ON

EXILE

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 16, 2010 18:06

Rockman
Someone has ta pack the Super Deluxe box-sets.....

how hard can that be they are only going to sell around ten of them LOL

Posted by: urbanjungle90 ()
Date: May 16, 2010 18:07

In my opinion, he wasn't on Exile, so that's why he isn't being mentioned by them.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 16, 2010 18:09

I was starting to hum that line I'll be down the pub probably playing for the drinking or whatever it is thinking of Ronnie...ha ha!

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: May 16, 2010 19:21

Hopefully he is rehearsing w the Faces. Those pics of those glorius ampeg amps rotting really bother me. Come guys Start using those again!

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: May 16, 2010 19:40

colonial
Ronnies been left in charge of things back in London hes chairmen of the board of Stones Corp. for a few days.
Then he should be in Amsterdam, or the Dutch Antilles, shouldn't he?
Perhaps Ronnie's trying to deal with his problems? I wish him good luck with that.

Re: Where is Ronnie in all this? Posted by: jjflash73 ()
Date: May 16, 2010 15:22

if we are using the guidelines that the people who played on the record were the ones appearing with the core members of Mick, Keith and Charlie this week in NY, where was Bobby Keys? why was Chuck there? and again why wasn't Mick T there?
ANSWER:
He's in hospital... I hope he's recovering well. I'd rather see him recover than promoting the album he participated on when he was a member of the Rolling Stones...

Date: May 16, 2010 20:00

Yes, he wasn't on Exile, but all along Ronnie has always adopted the Stones' history as his; in a good way most the time. When Rock'n Roll Circus came out he wasn't notably absent, when Hyde Park is talked about he will always tell that HE was there too, LOL; walking around dreaming of being a Stone, but nevertheless. In the past I could imagine him fielding interviewers with stories about the Stones getting ready to play Exile- Whole live.
I do get the feeling he is being ostracized.

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: May 16, 2010 20:00

He wasnt involved with exile so he is keeping out of the limelight..smart man.

Posted by: jamesjagger ()
Date: May 16, 2010 20:30

Ronnie has never been and never will be a true Stone!

Date: May 16, 2010 20:41

He is auditioning for the lead singer position in aerosmith

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: May 16, 2010 21:24

The "he wasn't on Exile" line sounds nice, but I doubt they were that concerned about keeping things so proper. Ronnie has always brought a great deal of energy to interviews and press conferences- regardless of whether he actually had anything relevant to say!

It's far more likely that Mick didn't want to constantly be fielding questions about tabloid rumors, alcoholism, or alleged domestic abuse. I'm sure he'd much rather keep the focus on the decadence and debauchery of the past, rather than present.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 16, 2010 21:53

cirrhosis
The "he wasn't on Exile" line sounds nice, but I doubt they were that concerned about keeping things so proper. Ronnie has always brought a great deal of energy to interviews and press conferences- regardless of whether he actually had anything relevant to say!

It's far more likely that Mick didn't want to constantly be fielding questions about tabloid rumors, alcoholism, or alleged domestic abuse. I'm sure he'd much rather keep the focus on the decadence and debauchery of the past, rather than present.

Yeah, for the last 20 years Ronnie has been mainly a promotion poser boy - he looks rock star-like and is funny - that I consider his biggest contribution within the band affairs. This was especially important since Bill's departure imagewise. So it looks quite odd to see him absent, and they even got Charlie there in some occasions. It starts to LOOK like that the Stones actually is Mick, Keith and Charlie. Then comes all the rest that vary from time to time. Perhaps this the image of The Stones we are teachen now to get used to.

And if we consider the fact that The Stones - yes: The Stones - are doing more PR work for this EXILE reissue than any of their albums EVER, I don't think Ronnie feels very easy at the moment. Plus the fact that The Stones have got quite a lot publicity now - and all of it reminds how minimal Ronnie's contribution ever was (in terms of quality and significance) in The Rolling Stones history. All the stories of EXILE are telling the story what a peak of the progression that started from 1963 EXILE was, and it's been - more or less - downhill ever since. For the very first time ever The Stones are officially looking back and Ronnie is totally out of this history-writing (not like with IN ACCORDING TO THE ROLLING STONES book that is written to justify the current line-up of which Ronnie is/was partial.)

For better or worse, Ronnie's personal hassles and public image as one the biggest dorks, and The Stones officically strongly promoting EXILE (Ronnie-free) times funnily seem to go hand in hand.

I have tried to argue from some time now that we are now facing a new era in Stones-saga (the one we don't know yet how it is going to shape up), but the formula we have used since 1989 starts to be useless. The end of Vegas-era with its super-hyper Cohl Tours. Perhaps it is also the end of Vegas-Era poser boys.

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-16 22:36 by Doxa.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 16, 2010 22:19

... Where is Ronnie in all this? ...

Probably doing the same as I am doing right now. Having a beer and enjoying life.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 16, 2010 22:24

Rolling Hansie
... Where is Ronnie in all this? ...

Probably doing the same as I am doing right now. Having a beer and enjoying life.

That's the problem with Ronnie... try then to co-operate with boring, bitching farts like Keith "Fanta" Richards, Mick "Green Tea" Jagger and Charlie "Espresso" Watts...>grinning smiley<

- Doxa

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: May 16, 2010 22:25

I bet he is with Kat.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 16, 2010 22:43

Doxa

That's the problem with Ronnie...

Problem ? What problem ? I don't see a problem in having a beer and enjoying life.
Aux contraire mon cherie, aux contraire smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 16, 2010 22:53

Doxa
The Stones - are doing more PR work for this EXILE reissue than any of their albums EVER,

Indeed, strange times!

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1611
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home