Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: A Sad State of Affairs?
Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: May 19, 2010 11:10

Great posts by Doxa and swiss,thanks.

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: May 19, 2010 11:34

swiss

This recently activity is all a blessing---they owe us nothing----they've given us tons.
- swiss

Exactly smiling smiley

RB

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 20, 2010 06:11

71Tele
It has been really fun and rewarding to see the excitement in Jagger's eyes again, even talking to that old coot Larry King. You can tell Mick is invigorated. So different than the public front he has put up for so long. The band (well, at least the three who have been together in recent weeks) seem to be emanating a kind of radiance. I don't meant to get overly spiritual about it, but they seem to be radiating something very positive - a kind of joy. Does this mean they can still play? I don't know. But in some kind of way they are giving us something real and emotional again - a far cry from the tours and records - the corporate Stones machine - that we had become used to for so long.

I agree with you, Tele. They seem lighter, more positive. And also agree that they are giving us something real and emotional again, and shaking the rust out. I'm happy for them as people, as friends, as a band - and for us! Looking forward to how things unfold.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 20, 2010 07:40

swiss
71Tele
It has been really fun and rewarding to see the excitement in Jagger's eyes again, even talking to that old coot Larry King. You can tell Mick is invigorated. So different than the public front he has put up for so long. The band (well, at least the three who have been together in recent weeks) seem to be emanating a kind of radiance. I don't meant to get overly spiritual about it, but they seem to be radiating something very positive - a kind of joy. Does this mean they can still play? I don't know. But in some kind of way they are giving us something real and emotional again - a far cry from the tours and records - the corporate Stones machine - that we had become used to for so long.

I agree with you, Tele. They seem lighter, more positive. And also agree that they are giving us something real and emotional again, and shaking the rust out. I'm happy for them as people, as friends, as a band - and for us! Looking forward to how things unfold.

Fun to be a Stones fan this week. I have the Exile big box here. I pulled those heavy records out and held them in my hand. I went through the book. Something about the physical nature of this release that's so much better than digital downloads or even just CD's. I played the DVD. I took guitars off the wall and played "Shake Your Hips", "Ventilator Blues" and even "Plundered My Soul". I hope there's even more to come, but even if they give me nothing else, they have given this veteran fan a hell of a lot of fun again.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1949
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home