Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Booker T Jones' new album
Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: June 4, 2009 06:57

Has anyone here given a listen to Book T's new album "Potato Hole"? There is a track on it called "She Breaks" which very much brought to mind a classic Keith and Ron guitar groove. Had a great feel to it I thought. Good to hear him making music...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-05 18:38 by ChrisM.

Re: OT: Book T Jones' new album
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 4, 2009 07:05

been all over this album for the past few weeks. booker is a national treasure and this is one of his finest....also been listening to his and the mg's tribute to abbey road, mclemore avenue, quite a bit....

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 4, 2009 14:32

WoW! Thanks I have to get it!!

Date: June 4, 2009 16:50

Got it! Downloaded, friggin amazing!

Date: June 5, 2009 07:16

StonesTod
been all over this album for the past few weeks. booker is a national treasure and this is one of his finest....also been listening to his and the mg's tribute to abbey road, mclemore avenue, quite a bit....
You are a man of wealth (well, perhaps not) and taste Tod...

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: June 5, 2009 14:22

Please correct the title of the thread. The man is called Booker, not just Book, even though playing his organ surely feels to him like reading one. Thanks.

Date: June 5, 2009 18:39

billwebster
Please correct the title of the thread. The man is called Booker, not just Book, even though playing his organ surely feels to him like reading one. Thanks.
Sorry Bill. My proof reader was off the night I posted this...

Re: OT: Booker T Jones' new album
Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: June 6, 2009 02:58

I bought the CD and in my opinion it sucks. Seriously, and it has the Drive By Truckers and Neil Young as his accompaniment, but even Neil's guitar solos can't revive it. It consists of Booker's noodling on the organ in places you would expect to hear vocals. This CD has no vocals. I am a fan of many all instrumental CD's, but this aint one of them.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: June 6, 2009 03:54

Lukester
I bought the CD and in my opinion it sucks. Seriously, and it has the Drive By Truckers and Neil Young as his accompaniment, but even Neil's guitar solos can't revive it. It consists of Booker's noodling on the organ in places you would expect to hear vocals. This CD has no vocals. I am a fan of many all instrumental CD's, but this aint one of them.

Maybe you bought the Book T version of the Booker T album? winking smiley

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: June 6, 2009 06:08

Yep, that's the problem loog, I got the Book T version.

I'll give it some more listens. Actually the title track is indeed very good with a very heavy bass riff running through it...kind of funky.

Date: June 6, 2009 08:43

Hummmm I got Potato Hole and think it is great! Some really heavy grooves and Booker plays a lot of guitar on it as well. Very greasy licks!

Posted by: the juf ()
Date: June 6, 2009 09:25

saw Booker T in Amsterdam last March, amazing stuff.... will rush to the shop to buy this one, thanks.

[www.paulinestroosnijder.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1762
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home