Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
I Go Wild - bring it back on next tour!
Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: June 4, 2009 09:40

I kind of had forgotten about this song, but I was just listening to Sympathy for the Voodoo cult boot from Buenos Aires (Feb, '95) and it rocks! Great guitar interplay between Keith and Ronnie.

Re: I Go Wild - bring it back on next tour!
Posted by: Mr.Ed ()
Date: June 4, 2009 09:45

No, leave it in the basement.

Mr.Ed

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 4, 2009 13:25

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 4, 2009 13:28

What next? Bring back "Sparks Will Fly"?
Please, NO!

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: June 4, 2009 13:33

I kinda feel UGot2Rollme are into sumfin here!
Some new, fresher tune in the set list.
Could get the axe geezers goin'?
... & ya dont have to be rocket scientist to strike them chords?

Date: June 4, 2009 13:36

I like the song. You can't take it too seriously. I'd much,much rather hear them play " I Go Wild " on the next tour to represent the Voodoo Lounge album than " You Got Me Rocking " .

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: June 4, 2009 13:44

They did a great version in Stockholm in 1995, I know cause I was there that night.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 4, 2009 15:15

Great song. Actually wouldn't mind hearing it or Sparks Will Fly, or actually Voodoo Lounge in its entirety on the next tour!! Thru & Thru is a must. I'm so damn tired of Happy and BTMMR.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 4, 2009 15:24

One thing I like about the footage I have seen is the way they all stand together and play. Problem is, if they play it again, they'll have to move Blondie out with them and somehow push Chucks keyboard to the front of the stage as well: could be problematic and look too cluttered.

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: June 4, 2009 15:25

I LOVE that song but it's one of many great songs they have. Personally I lean more to Taylor played classics.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: June 4, 2009 15:59

I love I go wild
i went to the voodoo lounge concert in australia (brisbane) and the played i Go Wild,I love the part where just the drums are playing and mick is singing I go wild then the guitars join in.Blows Me Away

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: Filip020169 ()
Date: June 4, 2009 16:56

one of the best songs, on the best album, played on the best tour, from 1990 to this day!
Many of you r-e-a-l-l-y should start to cut our guys some slack...
And stop actin' like you know it all.

Posted by: Tantekäthe ()
Date: June 4, 2009 17:14

As much as I would love to get rid of YGMR: having "I Go Wild" in the setlist instead would be an unfavourable trade. In fact, I would take YGMR plus SFTD (post 1990 "disgusting travesty" arrangement) plus Miss You only to avoid I Go Wild. What's next? the triumphant resurrection of Sad Sad Sad? Don't Stop revisited? ;-)

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: June 4, 2009 17:16

it was perhaps the singular highlight of both the album and the VL tour...a tour de force on stage, in fact. won't say alot of positive things about the 90's for the lads, but this one stands out....

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: June 4, 2009 17:32

Why not Streets of love? ha..

Date: June 4, 2009 17:33

hot stuff
Why not Streets of love? ha..

set it to a cool disco beat and i'm right there with you...

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: June 4, 2009 17:41

Great song!! Love it.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 4, 2009 17:57

I love this song too! Thought it was great live when everyone got into that jam session moving to the front of the stage. Can't understand why fans wouldn't like that.

Posted by: yapper ()
Date: June 4, 2009 18:12

Filip020169
one of the best songs, on the best album, played on the best tour, from 1990 to this day!
Many of you r-e-a-l-l-y should start to cut our guys some slack...
And stop actin' like you know it all.

ABSOLUTLY AGREE 100%!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 4, 2009 18:16

I love VOODOO LOUNGE, but felt this was the weakest song. Its a generic attempt to produce a single and lacks the natural feel that most of the album and its B-sides enjoyed. It always sounds forced and posed to me and sticks out in their catalog like a sore thumb until "Rough Justice" came along to take the crown away from it. I would say I thought Scott Litt's slightly longer mix was superior to the Clearmountain mix on the album.

Date: June 4, 2009 18:23

Rocky Dijon
I love VOODOO LOUNGE, but felt this was the weakest song. Its a generic attempt to produce a single and lacks the natural feel that most of the album and its B-sides enjoyed.

so odd how diff folks can have diff reactions to the same stimuli - i have the exact opposite take regarding these two sentences! haha....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-04 18:32 by T&A.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 4, 2009 18:23

Litt mix is better.

Rough Justice, as silly as it is, is a much better tune though. IGW is a bit slow and lumbersome.

However, I like the tune. For some reason the intro bit reminds me of flinging white plates against a brick wall and enjoying the seen of them breaking. It has that sort of looseness to it.

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: June 4, 2009 20:09

Big Al
One thing I like about the footage I have seen is the way they all stand together and play. Problem is, if they play it again, they'll have to move Blondie out with them and somehow push Chucks keyboard to the front of the stage as well: could be problematic and look too cluttered.

I don´t see how that's problematic at all Big Al. How about putting all of them, Blondie and Chuck included, in a chanting-circle on stage? That totally avoids the cluttered-ness. And maybe, to visualize the intro like skipstone suggests, Bernard can join them with a stack of plates that he smashes in to the middle of the circle as the tune kicks off. A true showstopper. Other suggestions?

RB

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: June 4, 2009 20:14

IGW worked well live, they ought to play more post 89 stuff live!

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: June 4, 2009 20:22

I like this song, not just the guitars but the lyrics... funny and curious, like "what happened to you Mick the other night?"

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: June 4, 2009 20:41

MKjan
I like this song, not just the guitars but the lyrics... funny and curious, like "what happened to you Mick the other night?"

>grinning smiley<

very good song. most of so called great 90s rock bands haven't jumped higher and it's not the best Stones' effort!

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: June 4, 2009 21:32

NO

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: June 4, 2009 21:43

"...alcoholic @#$%& like knives"

bet the boyz had a chuckle over that lyric

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: June 5, 2009 00:37

Im not really Familair with the VL tour or album but I can dig this song.

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: June 5, 2009 03:29

UGot2Rollme
I kind of had forgotten about this song, but I was just listening to Sympathy for the Voodoo cult boot from Buenos Aires (Feb, '95) and it rocks! Great guitar interplay between Keith and Ronnie.
AGREED!!!!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1186
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home