Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: I got EXILE !
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 16, 2010 02:41

Hmmmm - interesting to read your opinions; I'll buy the new vinyl and check it out, you got me tempted

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: May 16, 2010 02:45

I so have to get a new turn table!!! But even so I have the Super Delux on the way, as well as have the PMS single....Hope to one day have my stereo system back to full throttle!

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: May 16, 2010 02:47

You got it man

Vinyl is the format

I have been collecting / listening to vinyls for the past 25 years, do not know why I need to buy CD's, well maybe for collectible reasons

If you do like vinyls, please check out my own page on DECCA LP's from the 60's. Been collecting them a few years an decided to do a page dedicated to Da Greatest Rock Band Of All Times and their output on the DECCA Record Company during Da 60's
www.stonesondecca.com
Here you will get all info you ever wanted to know about early Rolling Stones vinyls

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: May 16, 2010 02:48

Eric, you won't be disappointed. Looking very much forward to your impressions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-16 02:49 by barbabang.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: May 16, 2010 03:04

Im going to try and get all the *Exile* advertising posters from my local music shop and get them laminated if its possible.Thats if no one hasnt already laid claim to them ..usually things like that are scooped up pretty quite and in some cases more expensive than the CDs or DVDs themselves.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 16, 2010 03:20

barbabang
Says enough for me.

Yes, that you like the sound of an analogue(source) - digital(remaster) - vinyl(format) release.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: May 16, 2010 03:26

His Majesty
barbabang
Says enough for me.

Yes, that you like the sound of an analogue(source) - digital(remaster) - vinyl(format) release.

Almost correctwinking smiley I really want the best possible sound. If it happens to be a cd, than I would go for the cd.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 16, 2010 03:36

barbabang

Almost correctwinking smiley I really want the best possible sound. If it happens to be a cd, than I would go for the cd.

thumbs up

Posted by: bigtyke66 ()
Date: May 16, 2010 06:11

Jan Richards
You got it man

Vinyl is the format

I have been collecting / listening to vinyls for the past 25 years, do not know why I need to buy CD's, well maybe for collectible reasons

If you do like vinyls, please check out my own page on DECCA LP's from the 60's. Been collecting them a few years an decided to do a page dedicated to Da Greatest Rock Band Of All Times and their output on the DECCA Record Company during Da 60's
www.stonesondecca.com
Here you will get all info you ever wanted to know about early Rolling Stones vinyls

Couldn't agree more. Your page is just brilliant. Thanks for the hard work!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 16, 2010 10:24

Erik_Snow
OK you convinced me, Hansie

It is just that I love vinyl so much. I cannot really judge the CD's because my ears always preferred vinyl.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 16, 2010 10:27

His Majesty
you like the sound of an analogue(source) - digital(remaster) - vinyl(format) release.

I know nothing about the technical stuff. I can only repeat what I posted before. To my ears the new vinyl just sounds wonderful compared to the old one.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: May 16, 2010 11:20

Are there lyrics of the new songs?

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: May 16, 2010 16:03

as putrid as following the river is...and as meh as most of the other tracks on the bonus cd are... the remastered exile cd is TREMENDOUS, next best thing to the original vinyl.

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: May 17, 2010 22:25

Rolling Hansie
electricmud
Just read the liner notes. Even on this one : special thanks are going to... Matt Clifford! eye rolling smiley

... and to Matt Lee

I forgot to tell them my name is actually MattLeeUK :-)

www.stonesvault.com

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: May 17, 2010 22:35

UrbanSteel
sweet neo con
vox12string
Well done Urban, if anyone deserves it you do. I am VERY jealous

ditto

what was the "popquiz"??

Some questions about The Rolling Stones and special some Exile questions
You rawk. I've looked at more than a few of your videos on YouTube too.

Re: I got EXILE vinyl!
Posted by: winter ()
Date: May 18, 2010 01:22

so there's a few of you on here who have got the vinyl. Is this just a re-pressing of the original mastering onto 180gm vinyl or is it a new remastering for vinyl? someone mentioned they thought it sounded better than their old record; you think that's due to the 180gm pressing or a new remaster or just because the old copy is 30+ years worn a bit? Any thoughts from others who got the vinyl?

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 884
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home