Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Is Ronnie out of the Stones?
Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 13, 2010 20:26

For new fans, this means you can come to the site and read about Exile On Main Street, see Exile related images, videos, products and people. Sure you can find things you didn't know about Mick, Keith and Charlie but perhaps for the first time you can be introduced to the role of Jimmy Miller.

This is a quote from the intro to the new site. The omission of Ronnie is explicit. Is he in the same category as MT or BW?

Re: Is Ronnie out of the Stones?
Posted by: mfb ()
Date: May 13, 2010 20:33

I read it as being about Exile and Ronnie is not on Exile so is rightfully not mentioned.....to me it's about the past, when Jimmy Miller had a role, and Ronnied didnt. Complete opposite of the present.

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: May 13, 2010 20:49

"see Exile related images, videos, products and people."

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: May 13, 2010 20:56

...It's 20 years that Ronnie isn't envolved in the Band project, what is the news?!

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: May 13, 2010 21:19

The band isn't really a band anymore anyway. It's more like a project. A recording and touring project that comes to life every few years and is on hiatus for another few years.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: May 13, 2010 21:20

The webiste says: Ronnie Wood (1975 - present).

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: May 13, 2010 21:52

tumblingdice
71Tele
One can only hope.
What I was thinking too lol
maumau..Because Ronnie didnt attend..it doesnt mean a thing.It really surpises me that people want to see him out of the band just going by the last couple of posts and on other threads as well Why?so hes had a few personal problems lately it just goes to show how some people can turn on someone..Ronnies not going any where.

Posted by: urbanjungle90 ()
Date: May 13, 2010 22:09

I don't think so, though judging by recent events that have been unexpected anything is possible I suppose. I would never have imagined that they would actually look back on themselves, now they are with the new Exile and the release of LAG. I certainly didn't expect that. I was in the opinion that they wouldn't care about their past and would never release anything from it.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: May 13, 2010 22:09

colonial
tumblingdice
71Tele
One can only hope.
maumau..Because Ronnie didnt attend..it doesnt mean a thing.It really surpises me that people want to see him out of the band just going by the last couple of posts and on other threads as well Why?so hes had a few personal problems lately it just goes to show how some people can turn on someone..Ronnies not going any where.

r u his mommy?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 13, 2010 22:42

colonial
tumblingdice
71Tele
One can only hope.

Seriously, he is probably not "out of the band", but what meaning does that have at this point? What exactly is the band anymore? If you mean he is out of the corporate entity called the Rolling Stones, no he is probably not. He was not on Exile, so his appearance to commemorate that album would be odd, at best. His other recent problems are well known.

Date: May 13, 2010 23:37

dtklamf
No, that is Mick Taylor you are talking off. Ended up in a great old band called Hospital. Did he play in Heaven? Thats probably where he is going.

Go ahead, ban me.

Hard to imagine which post you are commenting on. If it was the post immediately before yours, I said was Wood wasn't on Exile - which he wasn't. Historical fact. Again, if you don't like Mick Taylor fine, but can't imagine why you are wishing for his death. What a wonderful soul you must have.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-13 23:39 by 71Tele.

Date: May 13, 2010 23:46

71Tele
dtklamf
No, that is Mick Taylor you are talking off. Ended up in a great old band called Hospital. Did he play in Heaven? Thats probably where he is going.

Go ahead, ban me.

Hard to imagine which post you are commenting on. If it was the post immediately before yours, I said was Wood wasn't on Exile - which he wasn't. Historical fact. Again, if you don't like Mick Taylor fine, but can't imagine why you are wishing for his death. What a wonderful soul you must have.
71Tele..yea..I thought the same myself about his comment..Cheers mate.

Posted by: kittypoo ()
Date: May 13, 2010 23:52

Ronnie Wood will always be a Rolling Stone .Give him a break .

Posted by: dtklamf ()
Date: May 13, 2010 23:52

I do have a wonderful soul, thank you.

Date: May 14, 2010 00:18

dtklamf
I do have a wonderful soul, thank you.
dtklamf..Just going by some of your previous posts about Mick Taylor..it sounds to me like your got it in for him.It doesnt make for good reading.Whys that..smoking smiley?

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: May 14, 2010 00:21

Arthur who?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 14, 2010 00:24

Is Ronnie out of the Stones?

Hmmmmmmmm hard ta say ... Is he even outta the woods yet....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: dtklamf ()
Date: May 14, 2010 00:25

I like Taylor, 71Tele just takes it personal all the time.
Im still amused by his responses and all his gang.

Actually, no, Im not amused.
Just wasting time at work.

Date: May 14, 2010 00:51

dtklamf
I like Taylor, 71Tele just takes it personal all the time.
Im still amused by his responses and all his gang.

Actually, no, Im not amused.
Just wasting time at work.

I don't take it personally at all. You have more than once made vindictive personal comments about Taylor in threads where Taylor was not even mentioned. I was just curious as to why you were so mean-spirited. Is it amusing to you to wish for the death of a onetime member of the band? If that's what you want to say, suit yourself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-14 00:54 by 71Tele.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: May 14, 2010 01:02

mfb
I read it as being about Exile and Ronnie is not on Exile so is rightfully not mentioned.....to me it's about the past, when Jimmy Miller had a role, and Ronnied didnt. Complete opposite of the present.

You got it exactly right , spot on observation .

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 14, 2010 01:25

...I think he's in the wood shed...

Posted by: praline ()
Date: May 14, 2010 02:19

You dont give the full picture here... In the first or the second episode of his radio show, Ronnie said something like "the band in which i m currently playing guitar" to mean "the Stones".

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1043
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home