Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Invocation of my demon brother - soundtrack
Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: May 14, 2009 14:54

I never found information about Jagger dedicating time to compose this soundtrack and also looks me strange reason why he was him, within the Stones, to be requested to compose it.
Jagger had any knowledge of the moog?
And there's any evidence it was really Jagger to compose the soundtrack? Even the press didn't write anything about it, in a period in which whatever the stones were doing, it was widely reported on every music magazine.

If you know something about it, I would be very much interested to learn more about it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-14 18:30 by straycat58.

Re: Invocation of my demon brother - soundtrack
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: May 14, 2009 15:57

Here's the film:

<embed id="VideoPlayback" src="

style="width:400px;height:326px" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> </embed>

This from Nico Zentgraf's Complete Works website:

681100A November: MICK JAGGER. London, MJ’s home at Cheyne Walk.
Recording of the soundtrack for 'Invocation Of My Demon Brother' (a/k/a 'Zap').
MJ: composer, synthesizer. Director: Kenneth Anger.
Note: Originally the music was composed for the movie 'Lucifer Rising'. 'Invocation To My Demon Brother' also includes overdubbed Stones-footage from Hyde Park-gig.
[www.nzentgraf.de]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: May 14, 2009 16:21

tks Deltics. If you listen at 4.31 the rhythm becoming ossessive but recall very much the Virgin Prunes First LP If I die, I die, which was considered a milestone of the Dark music.

check here:

The guy at 2,50 in the Invocation movie is Bobby Beausoleil who, together with Charles Manson, murdered Hinman couple of days before the Helter Skelter slaughter. He's still in jail and composed the soundtrack of the other Anger movie Lucifer Rising featuring Marianne.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-14 16:33 by straycat58.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 14, 2009 16:47

A representative from MOOG was sent over with the MOOG that Mick/the stones bought to teach Mick how to use it circa September 1968.

[i51.photobucket.com]

I recall that these lessons lasted a week at best, but can't remember where I got that info so take it for what it is.

As for the soundtrack, it is very much the sound of someone using a MOOG without much of a clue.

The sounds heard on the clip posted above are not the work of jagger nor the original soundtrack as far as I am aware, here is the original soundtrack:

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-14 16:57 by His Majesty.

Date: May 14, 2009 17:18

HM.. didn't know there were two soundtracks. Therefore, the one I knew has nothing to do with Jagger and would say nothing to do with my comparison with the groups of the 80's.
I think I must apologize for having given wrong info.

Posted by: izzyanderson ()
Date: May 14, 2009 17:53

Kenneth Anger is a fascinating character.

Date: May 14, 2009 17:56

HM, pls. read here. Is this article correct?

[60x50.blogspot.com]

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 14, 2009 18:31

straycat58
HM, pls. read here. Is this article correct?

[60x50.blogspot.com]

Don't know the specifics of the MOOG patches like they go in to there, but the other stuff seems bang on to me.

Not only is 'Mick's' MOOG seen in Performance, his MKII Mellotron is as well. Of course the MOOG is also seen at Mick's Stargroves home during some Sticky Fingers sessions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-14 18:34 by His Majesty.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: May 16, 2009 13:25

Any one seen this:

Kenneth Anger - ‘Magick Lantern Cycle’ (DVD & Blu-
Self-styled magician Kenneth Anger is one of the most distinctive artists in cinema. This is the first time his entire ‘Magick Lantern Cycle’ has been available on DVD and Blu-ray. Full list of films: ‘Fireworks’ (1947), ‘Puce Moment’ (1949), ‘Rabbit’s Moon’ (1950 version), ‘Eaux d'Artifice’ (1953), ‘Inauguration Of The Pleasure Dome’ (1954), ‘Scorpio Rising’ (1964), ‘Kustom Kar Kommandos’ (1965), ‘Invocation Of My Demon Brother’ (1969), ‘Rabbit’s Moon’ (1979 version) and ‘Lucifer Rising’ (1981). Extras include newly recorded audio commentaries, ‘The Man We Want To Hang’ (2002) - Anger’s film on the paintings of Aleister Crowley. ‘Anger Me’ (2006) - Elio Gelmini's documentary on Kenneth Anger. Fully Illustrated Booklet", released May 25th.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: May 26, 2009 23:15

I got to hang out a little bit with Kenneth Anger when he came for the Expression en Corto film festival here in central Mexico.

He was a charming fellow, very animated considreing his advanced years.

I asked him about his times with the stones, and he told me that his clearest memory was when talking with Keith, around the time the Beatles were going to Richikesh and getting into meditation, and Keith simply stated:

'we don't meditate'

cool and to the point!

Posted by: slasausjes ()
Date: May 27, 2009 08:42

Wow, this sh*t is even better dan the Citadel reels!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1920
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home