Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Just saw the Exile docu from the Exile box
Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: May 12, 2010 23:06

So here´s what´s on it:

First there is the menu, based on the record cover, and you´ll find 4 choices here to start from: Play All, Stones In Exile, CS Blues, Ladies And Gentlemen and subtitles.

Subtitles are: English, French, German, Spanish, Portugese and italian.

I choose to play all, and Stones In Exile starts. It contains interviews with the band, Jimmy Miller, Anita, Jake Weber etc over stills and home made videos from Nellcote and LA. Some close-ups of for example winebottles and cigarette butts may be newly filmed for "artistic" reasons, i don´t know why anyone of the participants at Nellcote would wanna do that.
Anyway, what we get to see is scenes from the basement, Mick in white flamenco shirt, Keith and Bobby Keyes, showering together winking smiley You´ll hear snippets of songs in progress during the basement scenes, interesting. First of the interviewed is Bill by the way, if I remeber right. Then after Nellcote they move on to LA, where we get to see quick scenes from the studio, and Mick talking about how they almost felt they burned themselves out during the recordings.

Next up is scenes from CS Blues, some from backstage, hotels (yes the TV "incident" is included), then the groupie scene from the airplane, however censored a bit. Keith ordering fruit from room 255 at a hotel, a snippet from the interview scene where Keith and Mick is asked about the recording of Exile.
Charlie watching ads on tv about the painkiller Excedrine. Snippets from Brown Sugar and Satisfaction with Stevie wonder are included. The concert scenes have the best picture quality, the black and white film is grainy, but much better than on bootleg, it doesn´t suffer from the sometimes blue discoloration on some releases. wish they´d release all of it some day.

Next is Happy and All Down The Line from Ladies And Gentlemen, and here things start to happen, the picture is cleaned up, no bleeding colors, but still not 100 % sharp, but you won´t mind, cause it´s the best we´we seen. And the sound, altough only stereo (I suspect we´ll get more options when it´s properly released) is very good, you´ll hear EVERYTHING.

So the DVD is just a teaser, since it´s so short, but it promises great things to come.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-12 23:10 by mickijaggeroo.

Re: Just saw the Exile docu from the Exile box
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 12, 2010 23:07

Good stuff sir.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 12, 2010 23:20

Thanks Vilhelm. A clear review.

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: May 12, 2010 23:28

smileys with beer

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 12, 2010 23:30

Thanks for the review, Vilhelm.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 12, 2010 23:37

You make me curious Vilhelm.............thanks

Date: May 12, 2010 23:42

NICOS
You make me curious Vilhelm.............thanks

I´m curious too, I want more smiling smiley

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: May 12, 2010 23:43

Are Happy and All Down the Line the same versions as in L & G, or are they the additional versions that turned up in audio...

Date: May 12, 2010 23:46

texas fan
Are Happy and All Down the Line the same versions as in L & G, or are they the additional versions that turned up in audio...

Can´t tell, since I did´nt compare them, might do that this weekend. But I suspect they are the original ones from the movie.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-12 23:47 by mickijaggeroo.

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: May 12, 2010 23:53

Many thanks.

Date: May 13, 2010 00:27

mickijaggeroo
Keith and Bobby Keyes, showering together winking smiley...

eye popping smiley...I've been debating whether or not, if I'm gonna pay the whole £110 at HMV to get it until you mentioned that snippet...I'm soo gonna get it!!!! (When will puberty ever end???) tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 13, 2010 00:31

Actually I ordered the Super Deluxe version of EXILE too at $119+taxes BUT I am not HAPPY that I'll have to buy the REAL full length movie soon after this purchase...if I want to see the video in it's complete form....a bit of a rip off. You can call it a " teaser", I call it a marketing technique designed to make fans pay throught he nose. I know, why should we be surprised!??

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: May 13, 2010 00:34

Thanks a lot for this! I was really hoping for some basement scenes, now I can't wait.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: May 13, 2010 00:37

ty Vilhelm !

think amazon shows adtl cleaned up for new L & G; looks and SOUNDS so totally wonderful. excited. great review thnx. THIS is the BEST of them imo and i'm so glad it's surfacing.

Posted by: thamasterrr18 ()
Date: May 13, 2010 00:58

Thanx for the review Vilhelm!

Is it possible that you post The Clip of All Down The Line for us? That would be great!

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: May 13, 2010 01:09

"Are Happy and All Down the Line the same versions as in L & G, or are they the additional versions that turned up in audio..."

Interesting as these are the 2 tracks I have on video which are definitely outtakes, not the takes in the movie (they were once screened on the BBC btw on OGWT). Mind you, it might be coincidental that it is these 2 songs & the doc is using the actual film versions... if you see what I mean. You should be able to tell as soon as you compare to a dvd of Ladies mickijageroo as the clothes are different.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: May 13, 2010 01:15

mickijaggeroo
Keith and Bobby Keyes, showering together winking smiley

well..you know what they say....share a birthday, share a shower. winking smiley

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 15, 2010 03:25

Just saw the docu of Exile..........................great ..really great...........but on the other hand it looks more like a BIG trailer yto me.

There is more .......I guess?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-15 03:54 by NICOS.

Posted by: Per-Arne ()
Date: May 15, 2010 03:47

I have also seen it tonight and I agree. It's a big trailer.....but I think it was a really nice one!

Per-Arne

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: May 15, 2010 05:06

Tseverin
"Are Happy and All Down the Line the same versions as in L & G, or are they the additional versions that turned up in audio..."

Interesting as these are the 2 tracks I have on video which are definitely outtakes, not the takes in the movie (they were once screened on the BBC btw on OGWT). Mind you, it might be coincidental that it is these 2 songs & the doc is using the actual film versions... if you see what I mean. You should be able to tell as soon as you compare to a dvd of Ladies mickijageroo as the clothes are different.

correct. Thanks V...any more info for the above comment?

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: May 15, 2010 08:39

just saw it, OUTSTANDING, coolest thing they've done in 28 years. this is what scorsese shouldve worked on instead of wasting his time with shine a light.

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: May 15, 2010 09:01

Hope somebody'll upload it on YouTube soon.

Posted by: bigbang ()
Date: May 15, 2010 09:05

ok, what is the "TV incident"...?

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: May 15, 2010 09:06

Bimmelzerbott
Hope somebody'll upload it on YouTube soon.
Really? For an official video? More like I hope someone will buy it soon. That's what it should be.
A boot is one thing but.....

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 15, 2010 09:44

bigbang
ok, what is the "TV incident"...?

Scene in CS Blues... Keith and Bobby are stoned and throw a TV from the balcony of their hotel room.

Date: May 15, 2010 10:08

mickijaggeroo
So here´s what´s on it:

First there is the menu, based on the record cover, and you´ll find 4 choices here to start from: Play All, Stones In Exile, CS Blues, Ladies And Gentlemen and subtitles.

Subtitles are: English, French, German, Spanish, Portugese and italian.

Is strange, I have the following subtitle: English, Français, Deutsch, Espanol, Portugues, Italiano smiling bouncing smileyeye rolling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 981
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home