Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Stones To Record New Album!
Posted by: Brue ()
Date: May 13, 2010 03:29

windmelody
It is surprising how one can read an announcement of a new album out Mr.Richards' charming but very vague words.

We're both reading the same article, right?

When asked if there were plans for them to hit the road, he told Absolute Radio DJ Ben Jones: "Yeah, but I don't think this year, not that I've heard. The suggestion is that there would be a record on instead."

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: May 13, 2010 10:19

Any new RS's music will be wellcome..................... i don't expect masterpieces. But i like the way they do music........... I even like BTB

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 13, 2010 10:31

KeithNacho
Any new RS's music will be wellcome

Couldn't have said it any better

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: May 13, 2010 10:45

Brue
bernardanderson
discussing and recording are totally different things.
quote]
And the universe is infinite

*crickets*

Tumbleweed!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 13, 2010 17:44

StonesTod
why not play what THEY want? when the stones were at their peak, they weren't catering to the presumed whims of their audience - they were playing from their muse....not sure there's anything left there, though....

Because of shit like Streets Of Love and Sweet Neo Con?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: May 13, 2010 18:17

skipstone
StonesTod
why not play what THEY want? when the stones were at their peak, they weren't catering to the presumed whims of their audience - they were playing from their muse....not sure there's anything left there, though....

Because of shit like Streets Of Love and Sweet Neo Con?

Que?

SOL ain't a "cause;" it's an "effect" of a lost muse

Date: May 13, 2010 19:53

I was having fun with the 'let them play what THEY want' bit...

Date: May 13, 2010 19:56

oh, well they didn't WANT to write those songs, they just can't help themselves anymore. you can't always write what you want, you know....

Date: May 13, 2010 19:58

Mored news from the Ministry of Wishful Thinking!!!

Posted by: Filip020169 ()
Date: May 13, 2010 20:05

treaclefingers
I've heard it's going to be the best album since Exile reissue!!!!>grinning smiley<

smileys with beer

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: May 13, 2010 23:07

They'd better start recording rather sooner than later.
But please: let's have the CD mastered with a lot of dynamic range. ABB was way too compressed and suffered from digital hiss a/k/a clipping. Thanks for considering.
And please allow Ronnie to sing a song. That's long overdue. He's given the Stones free publicity for more than a year when they were totally out of the public eye otherwise, and he looks like he's got his act together. So he really deserves something.

Date: May 14, 2010 00:01

i think a question that needs to be addressed regarding any new stones material, is what does keith have left as a guitarist because after listening to what he added on "So Divine" i'm beginning to wonder.

Date: May 14, 2010 00:05

kissinc***incannes
i'm beginning to wonder.

just beginning? many of got a 10-year head start on you....

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 14, 2010 00:13

Exile bonus disc is the new stones album, or atleast a time warp Jagger project masquerading as a stones release.

Mick is the stones now, he just needs the ye olde band behind him. grinning smiley

Date: May 14, 2010 00:24

In a few years everyone is going to love what they are doing right now; to have been there when they did..
Because they are doing "it" all wrong, no? Not growing old with grace at all.
That's what a Rolling Stone does, and it was cool.

Date: May 14, 2010 00:37

Palace Revolution 2000
In a few years everyone is going to love what they are doing right now; to have been there when they did..
Because they are doing "it" all wrong, no? Not growing old with grace at all.
That's what a Rolling Stone does, and it was cool.

what are they doing right now again? i think i missed that part....

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 14, 2010 00:43

StonesTod

Promoting Micks psychedelic solo project.

Date: May 14, 2010 00:47

His Majesty
StonesTod

Promoting Micks psychedelic solo project.

must have been the acid....

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 14, 2010 00:51

Filip020169
treaclefingers
I've heard it's going to be the best album since Exile reissue!!!!>grinning smiley<

smileys with beer
Thanks, it's nice to be recognized for a witty, sarcastic quip!!

Date: May 14, 2010 00:55

billwebster
But please: let's have the CD mastered with a lot of dynamic range. ABB was way too compressed and suffered from digital hiss a/k/a clipping. Thanks for considering.
And please allow Ronnie to sing a song. That's long overdue. He's given the Stones free publicity for more than a year when they were totally out of the public eye otherwise, and he looks like he's got his act together. So he really deserves something.
Ronnie sing?!?!
YIKES!!
I'd rather have Bob Dylan invited to do a guest duet with Mick. I'm looking for FEWER Keith vocals, not a wide variety of band members taking turns at the mike.
How about Charlie singing?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 14, 2010 01:15

billwebster

Interesting logic.

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: May 14, 2010 02:04

treaclefingers
Ronnie sing?!?!
YIKES!!
I'd rather have Bob Dylan invited to do a guest duet with Mick. I'm looking for FEWER Keith vocals, not a wide variety of band members taking turns at the mike.

I'm hoping for fewer Keith vocals as well, because he can't sing anymore in the way he did when he recorded "Happy". The Keith of "Infamy" sounds totally different.
Ronnie is a great writer on his own, who sings his own material. Yet the Stones have never really been interested. So it would be nice to have him sing one song on the new album. Keith will most likely do one as well. Charlie? Never.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: May 14, 2010 03:29

billwebster..Quote..About Ronnie <hes given The Stones free publicity for more than a year when they were totally out of the public eye otherwise and he looks like hes got his act together.so he really deserves something>billwebster..I dont think its the sort of publicity Mick or any of the other Stones want to read about when they pick up their morning newspapers or some magazine..the only people that like hearing about Ronnies sort of publicity lately..are the newspaper and magazine bosses.

Date: May 14, 2010 03:48

StonesTod
kissinc***incannes
i'm beginning to wonder.

just beginning? many of got a 10-year head start on you....

well considering how little studio work they've done in the past decade, it's really hard to say what kind of riffs and licks keith could create in the studio!

i'm not talking about live because keith just plays songs he already knows (at least on a good night) but i mean actually coming up with interesting guitar rhythms that just aren't simply add-ons to jagger solo rejects. he's never been bad on studio work but those guitar breaks on So Divine are really awful.

Date: May 14, 2010 05:00

billwebster
treaclefingers
Ronnie sing?!?!
YIKES!!

I'm hoping for fewer Keith vocals as well, because he can't sing anymore in the way he did when he recorded "Happy". The Keith of "Infamy" sounds totally different.
Ronnie is a great writer on his own, who sings his own material. Yet the Stones have never really been interested. So it would be nice to have him sing one song on the new album. Keith will most likely do one as well. Charlie? Never.

I think Keith should save his vocals for the solo stuff...I loved the early Keith, but it just doesn't cut it anymore...in any concert I've seen, when it's Keith's turn on the mike, 10-20% of the audience streams out for 'bathroom break'.
(I'm too much of a devotee to do that, but I understand!).
Anyway, Mick is the singer...this isn't the Beatles, it's the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 14, 2010 06:34

Not a Charlie song, but he should open the record with the short comment "Could we have this in mono" from The Storm.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 14, 2010 07:12

Brue
Apologies if this has been posted already. This pleases the Midnight Rambler to no end baybee

Rolling Stones songwriter-and-guitarist Keith Richards has revealed he will be meeting up with his bandmate Sir Mick Jagger to discuss a new album.

:Keith Richards is meeting with Sir Mick Jagger next week to discuss a new Rolling Stones album.

Contact Music

Fantastic! thanks for the news, Brue. Cannot believe how negative people are being.

Few people seemed to really listen to Keith's audio interview posted here last week -- or read my transcription. Some did. In that interview Keith brought up again and again intimations that he wanted to write and record again with Mick. Together. In the same space. (He also said an all-Exile tour had been discussed "and where there's smoke there's fire" --- which NO ONE here commented on!) Maybe Mick doesn't want to, but it is clear that Keith wants to do another album.

And as far as shitting on his playing -- let me put this kindly. Keith has probably had treatment for his fingers and most likely would not stand up to a relentless tour schedule. But he is still capable of playing, and he may even be sober, and he is completely capable of recording and writing!

Keith has the fire, baybeee! And Mick and Chas are all fired up. As for dear Woody. They don't need him. I love the man, and he's been important to the Stones, but he is an awful mess. And if he's not in the same good positive healthy headspace as Mick, Keith, and Charlie f.uck him til he gets his shit together.

On March 17th I celebrated the announcement about Stones Week on Late Night. At that time predicted Mick and Keith would be on Jimmy Fallon. Naysayers here were all kinda nasty and negative.

And here we are -- tonight Keith Richards is ON -- waaaHOOOOOOO! smiling bouncing smileysmiling bouncing smileysmiling bouncing smiley and tomorrow Mick--and maybe they'll play -- go Stones!!

-------> Kick me like you kicked before --- I can't even feel the PAIN no more cool smiley

- swiss

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-14 08:10 by swiss.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 15, 2010 07:59

So.....why did people crap on this thread about recording yesterday, and when it's announced in another thread today everyone is all positive?

And when I and others conjectured that Exile might be played in its entirety live, people pooh-poohed it (and lots worse), and now it's acknowledged by many as plausible.

Not to mention when I and others immediately --upon the announcement of Stones Week-- said we were betting that Keith and Mick would be on Jimmy Fallon -- people reacted with vitriol and ridicule.

Oh well! Just perhaps....in the future people here might be a bit more open-minded. or at least not be so hostile and rude. For the record--and as we see here--I don't tend to get excited about stupid implausible shit. So in the future if people here are aggressively dismissive about my opinion I might just have to point to their negative and wrong pronouncements around all this Exile stuff smiling smiley

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: May 15, 2010 13:06

kissinc***incannes
i think a question that needs to be addressed regarding any new stones material, is what does keith have left as a guitarist because after listening to what he added on "So Divine" i'm beginning to wonder.

Amen.

Date: May 15, 2010 15:42

"not stand up to a relentless tour schedule."

Playing up to three times a week is "relentless"?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 918
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home