Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Late Night - Keith Urban in Tumbling Dice VIDEO
Posted by: KeefintheNight82 ()
Date: May 13, 2010 19:36

Well, I think this performance proves that Chuck Leavell does not carry the recent shows all by his lonesome self.

Whatever Keith, Ronnie, Charlie bring to the performance was sorely missing from this generic sounding backing track.

Posted by: jjflash73 ()
Date: May 13, 2010 19:44

Urban is a fine guitarist and performed a smokin version. He mentioned Nashville at the end of the song due to the devastating floods there.
A+

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: May 13, 2010 20:13

What happened to Chuck - did he put on some weight or has he just aged?

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: May 13, 2010 20:59

sweet neo con
schillid
sweet neo con
andy js
be thankful you even knew who he was sweet neo con

what does that mean?

I think you mean "what the hell does that mean?"

i still don't know what andy js means.

i've known of KU for years...i'm aware that he's married to Nicole Kidman and that
he's a recovering alcoholic..and that he's from Austrailia (I think)...and that he's an extremely popular
country artist...but I had never sat down and listened to one of his CDs. He grooved
the song but his voice wasn't special. All i said was that I "expected more"....and wondered if
he was more popular for his looks than his voice.....same question about Sheryl Crow.

Oops. It meant (maybe wrongly worded) that I have absolutely no @#$%& clue who Keith Urban is. Is it just soemthing Yanks know ?

If he's ever made it over here then I've (thankfully) missed his bleedin awful dullard voice up until now

Please let it stay that way

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: May 13, 2010 23:59

andy js
sweet neo con
schillid
sweet neo con
andy js
be thankful you even knew who he was sweet neo con

what does that mean?

I think you mean "what the hell does that mean?"

i still don't know what andy js means.

i've known of KU for years...i'm aware that he's married to Nicole Kidman and that
he's a recovering alcoholic..and that he's from Austrailia (I think)...and that he's an extremely popular
country artist...but I had never sat down and listened to one of his CDs. He grooved
the song but his voice wasn't special. All i said was that I "expected more"....and wondered if
he was more popular for his looks than his voice.....same question about Sheryl Crow.

Oops. It meant (maybe wrongly worded) that I have absolutely no @#$%& clue who Keith Urban is. Is it just soemthing Yanks know ?

If he's ever made it over here then I've (thankfully) missed his bleedin awful dullard voice up until now

Don't know where you're from, but he's a pretty well known country-rock act in the western part of the world at least. I'm fully aware of who he is, and I'm from Norway....

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: May 14, 2010 00:06

Come Andy JS he's well known. I don't personally like his records but he nailed Dice. Could you have done better? Give the guy a break I thought it rocked. Even my Mrs at 8am said that it was good.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: May 14, 2010 00:17

andy js

ha! after thinking about...I thought that might be the case...that you didn't know KU.

i don't totally want to base my opinion on that ONE performance of TD...but I stand by my opinion
that his voice was weak....but the overall performace (mostly the rest of the band) was good..good groove.

IORR............but I like it!

Date: May 14, 2010 00:20

I got to say in the recent clips what I dig the most are the Roots playing some Stones; that drummer ?uestlove has the most awesome snap in the left hand. So right away Keith Urban sounded a bit weak to me.

Date: May 14, 2010 00:24

NickB
Could you have done better? Give the guy a break .

really?? you can only judge a performance negatively if you can do better????

This guy's whole life & career is musician/singer....mine's not....I simply thought his voice would be better than it was.
I've heard about him for years...thought he'd be better than an American Idol contestant.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-14 00:25 by sweet neo con.

Date: May 14, 2010 00:31

All I was saying was if you can do better please enlighten us. remember it's easy to be a critic. I consider his performance passionate and his joy at singing the song came across wonderfully irrespective of the tonality of his voice. Let's put it this way as a Stones fan who is highly critical of Stones covers I thought it way above average.....and the band freakin' rocked.

NickB

Date: May 14, 2010 00:39

NickB
All I was saying was if you can do better please enlighten us. remember it's easy to be a critic. I consider his performance passionate and his joy at singing the song came across wonderfully irrespective of the tonality of his voice. Let's put it this way as a Stones fan who is highly critical of Stones covers I thought it way above average.....and the band freakin' rocked.

fair enough.

Date: May 14, 2010 00:44

sweet neo con
NickB

fair enough.

Thank you. You are most gracious and it would would be a pleasure at the next gig that we both attend that I buy you a beverage and we toast the greatest Rock 'n' Roll band in the world.

NickB

Posted by: boogie1969 ()
Date: May 14, 2010 05:26

sweet neo con
NickB

fair enough.

I have to agree with Sweet Neo on this. The playing and sound of the guitars was decent, but beyond that I felt Urban's "passion" was generic, cheesy, and therefore rather fake. American Idolish is a good description to me.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1654
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home