Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

2 more 70's questions
Posted by: leahfoxx ()
Date: May 17, 2009 19:32

I just recently saw a video of the '78 Sat Nite Live performance which I thought was really cool! Does anyone know if the part where Mick licks Ronnie face was spontaneous or rehearsed? Kind of a silly question I guess but I just wonder as it looks as if it may have been meant to "shock" a national TV audience. Either way it certainly made me chuckle....
I also recently got a DVD with some old promo videos including Dancing With Mr. D.
I was wondering what some other fans thought of this song. Was it meant to cash in on the satanic image thing? just another cool song? a piss take mocking the satanic image thing? I really love and can't get enough of this 70's stuff! Thanks again in advance to any replies. Cheers,Leah

Re: 2 more 70's questions
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: May 17, 2009 19:39

Some answers to your first question here :
[www.iorr.org]

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Re: 2 more 70's questions
Posted by: leahfoxx ()
Date: May 17, 2009 20:05

Thanks very much Sway...very interesting reading...It does seem in response to the punk thing that Mick was trying to be controversial...guess we'll never know if he thought to do it on the spot or if he did indeed plan it all along for when the TV cameras were rolling...Btw, reading those past posts I do recall the licking occurred during Respectable, and someone in the thread mentioned the punk spitting that went on. I do also recall Mick spitting forcefully onto the stage floor during the performance...either during the same song, one of the others or in between songs...perhaps this was another reaction to the punk thing happening...As Charlie said he was a flavour of the month guy...Btw, that performance of Shattered that ended the set was possibly the coolest song I ever saw done on a TV show. Cheers,Leah

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1647
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home