Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: John Lennon- anthology boxset
Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: May 10, 2010 17:21

The low point of the box is the track from the Jerry Lewis Telethon, which is not John performing on it, but Jerry talking about John...

Oh, Yoko.

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: May 10, 2010 18:21

whitem8
Ok, if you are a Lennon Fan get the box set. Really, it is outstanding. First, it is beautifully packaged with great art and a good booklet. And there is a pletheral of material that is missing from the single disc set. Really, this a very stunning collection and totally worth 60 bucks if you are a Lennon fan. If you are a casual fan, I guess the single disc is a good alternative, but I still feel the box set is far superior from the pacaging, art work, and the material inside.
Now if you are a big fan, then get it, but also search out the Lost Lennon Tapes series that was broadcast on radio. I think it is about 10 disc full of stuff that is very interesting.

I was about to mention the Lost Lennon Tapes ... That's an essential purchase/download, along with Anthology.

Date: May 10, 2010 23:26

It's a good set - but I have hardly played it in ten years

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 11, 2010 00:29

NeddieFlanders
Serve Yourself is outstanding!

N

ya think? After all the hype about it, I was very disappointed in it. Thought it was cringeworthy.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 11, 2010 03:11

I disagree Gazza, Serve Yourself is wonderful. Full of sarcastic humor and a great home demo. Full of spit and attitude.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: May 11, 2010 12:09

On the album cover John Lennon *Rock n Roll* where hes standing under the doorway.Im only guessing was that photo taken in Liverpool some where?Im getting that album cover framed at some stage its one of my favourites with John Lennon on an album cover.And can ya get that album on CD?

Date: May 11, 2010 12:19

No it is in the Hamburg while they were getting their teeth sharp playing 12 hour gigs on amphetamines and booze. I actually visited that door frame last November when I was in Hamburg for a conference. I took a cool tour with this strange Nosfuratu like tour guide from the Reeper Bahn. I visited all the historical places, The Indera, The Star, the Kieserkeller, the balcony where Lennon urinated on the nuns, I loved it. A kids dream come true. Next I would like to go to London and take a full on Beatles Tour.

Date: May 11, 2010 12:49

whitem8..ya have to check out *John Lennon International Airport* if ya go to Liverpool its got some Beatles memorabilia there.Just goes to show the respect people had for him to name an airport after him.

Date: May 11, 2010 13:00

I am not sure if this was the same concert, but there was a Lennon tribute show that ended in something so embarrassingly bad that it tainted the whole show for me. I know there was a lot of decent guys up there: Weiland, Duff McKagan and Slash, Costello and Lou Reed maybe (?), but they ended in a sing-along of "Across the Universe" where they are all chanting "Nothing's gonna change my world", which was already bad enough as is. But then they changed the words to "Something's gonna change my world" with everyone over emphasizing the lyrics change into the camera. It was terrible, LOL

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 12, 2010 06:11

honestly haven't dusted this set off in years.

Date: May 12, 2010 09:02

Yes, Colonial, you can easily get Rock and Roll on CD. It has been beautifully remastered with bonus material. Great get!

Date: May 12, 2010 09:46

whitem8..Good one..yea I will get it when I get cashed up again.Because im probadly going to get cleaned out on Monday when I get all the *Exile* stuff..im not even sure if its arrived in the country yet ive checked out a few websites and cant see anything.If there is a delay with *Exile* that will be because of the volcanic ash coming out of Iceland that time when all those flights were delayed some things are arriving quite late here.The British people here were disappointed they couldnt even vote last week because the voting papers arrived to late...cheers mate.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1628
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home