Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
A possibility to meet Bob Dylan?
Posted by: Nellcote ()
Date: April 8, 2009 10:12

Hi all,

Dylan will be playing three nights in Amsterdam, Holland on 10th, 11th and 12th April.

It should be super great if I can meet the man and take a picture. What are my chances to meet him and where can I meet him (which hotel,in the city)?

When the Stones where staying in amsterdam last tour I was at the hotel and someone told me there that Charlie just walked by for some walking in the city and that he took some pictures with a couple of fans. I was wondering if this can also can happen with Dylan?

Thanks!

Nellcote

Re: A possibility to meet Bob Dylan?
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 8, 2009 10:15

As far As I know it is relatively easy to "meet" the Stones compared to Dylan who is extremily private person (but I need to add: there are some very fascinating stories of meeting Dylan in unexpected circumstances)

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-04-08 10:18 by Doxa.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 8, 2009 10:29

Just after midnight go to the local lovers
lane and wait for a lone driver playin' Eddie Noack in a black
Cadillac Escalade with tinted windows and a devil sticker on the left of rear window ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: wisertime ()
Date: April 8, 2009 10:30

Good luck ! I think it's more easy today to meet Barack Obama than Bob Dylan.
I don't think he sleeps at Hotels, he travels in a bus.
I didn't hear any story about someone able to meet him in the last few years.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 8, 2009 11:46

The answer is..well we all know.

Posted by: Koschi ()
Date: April 8, 2009 12:13

There was a thread about meeting bob dylan a long time ago with some great stories - maybe you can find it...

I think it´s impossible to meet him

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 8, 2009 15:22

i dont think you could pay to meet him .easier to meet the president and the pope and other leaders .

Posted by: GNAT ()
Date: April 8, 2009 15:50

Nellcote
Hi all,

Dylan will be playing three nights in Amsterdam, Holland on 10th, 11th and 12th April.

It should be super great if I can meet the man and take a picture. What are my chances to meet him and where can I meet him (which hotel,in the city)?

When the Stones where staying in amsterdam last tour I was at the hotel and someone told me there that Charlie just walked by for some walking in the city and that he took some pictures with a couple of fans. I was wondering if this can also can happen with Dylan?

Thanks!

Nellcote

I don't think so, Scooter.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: April 8, 2009 16:04

1. Find a friend about Dylan's size.

2. Take a photo with him.

3. Scan a recent picture of Dylan's face.

4. Photoshop.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: April 8, 2009 16:07

Nellcote

you've got more chance of meeting Brian Jones.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: April 8, 2009 17:15

best chance would be if he's in one of those moods where he's welcoming kissers and dancers on the stage during the show....

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: April 8, 2009 17:25

Isn't JC working for Mr Dylan anymore?

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 8, 2009 20:17

Dylan has actually done a few meet 'n' greets down the years. I remember there being one when he played Belfast in 1998. I dont think it was a regular occurrence though.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: April 8, 2009 20:48

If you do find yourself face to face with Dylan, he may just completely ignore that you are even there. That's what happened to me in 2004, when Dylan was playing at the Wiltern for the Willie Nelson show with many special guests including Keith Richards. A friend and I waited by the back exit and when Dylan came out, we asked if he would sign an album. He ignored us and we walked down the street with him, only about a meter from him, until he got on his tour bus. He didn't have a security guard with him and he never said a word to us and didn't even acknowledg that we were there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-04-08 20:49 by Halup.

Date: April 8, 2009 20:58

Halup
If you do find yourself face to face with Dylan, he may just completely ignore that you are even there. That's what happened to me in 2004, when Dylan was playing at the Wiltern for the Willie Nelson show with many special guests including Keith Richards. A friend and I waited by the back exit and when Dylan came out, we asked if he would sign an album. He ignored us and we walked down the street with him, only about a meter from him, until he got on his tour bus. He didn't have a security guard with him and he never said a word to us and didn't even acknowledg that we were there.

he was probably humming "i'm not there" to himself if you listened carefully.

don't blame any celeb in this case.

my buddy and i made asses of ourselves (a challenge in and of itself to be sure, you are probably saying to yourselves) trying to get his attention - '88 Berkeley - after bob came back to his bus after the soundcheck - he finally just stopped, hesitated, turned around and shook his head at us....played right into our plan as that's all we wanted! (what was it you wanted? - that was it)....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-04-08 22:46 by StonesTod.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: April 8, 2009 22:43

tape two sharpie markers back to back and have them uncapped. In the past he has taken a marker and flipped it to its cap side facing down and mutters "your pen does not work" and hands it back.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 8, 2009 23:00

trainarollin
tape two sharpie markers back to back and have them uncapped. In the past he has taken a marker and flipped it to its cap side facing down and mutters "your pen does not work" and hands it back.

Hilarious!

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 9, 2009 00:29

yawning smiley I don't appreciate stars who are really rude to their fans. If you are not a nuisance and approach them in a respectful manner, being polite, there is no reason that the star cannot at least say hello. It shows that they really are out of touch and are not remembering WHO buys their cds and pays for concert tickets. They need a reality check.....(the " they" here is not referring to the Stones.)

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: April 9, 2009 00:34

ahhhh come on Debra......he is just shy

Date: April 9, 2009 00:37

mickschix
yawning smiley I don't appreciate stars who are really rude to their fans. If you are not a nuisance and approach them in a respectful manner, being polite, there is no reason that the star cannot at least say hello. It shows that they really are out of touch and are not remembering WHO buys their cds and pays for concert tickets. They need a reality check.....(the " they" here is not referring to the Stones.)

i only respect stars that are rude...to each his own....

Date: April 9, 2009 00:49

Well, Stones Tod, if you met Mick or Keith and they spit on you, or worst, ignored you, I think you'd be disappointed. No?
Rooster, do you know that he is SHY!? Just curious. When I last saw him, he turned his back to the audience for 1/2 of the show. I just thought it was weirdness. How can you be shy, being such a HUGE artist for somany decades?

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: April 9, 2009 01:11

I know what you mean.....everyone is different...you can be a warm person...but not social....one can be shy and sometimes not....for an artist its even more a problem....people will flatter you...they...will....even make love to you....yeah
i think bob is a .... bit shy....well you know about that shit Debra...i mean.....he gave so much to all of us...how can we complain...he is not like bon jovi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-04-09 01:14 by rooster.

Date: April 9, 2009 01:17

mickschix
Well, Stones Tod, if you met Mick or Keith and they spit on you, or worst, ignored you, I think you'd be disappointed. No?

no...i'd be impressed. i'm hard to ignore. if they spit on me, i would carefully bottle the saliva and sell it on ebay....

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 9, 2009 01:45

no...i'd be impressed. i'm hard to ignore. if they spit on me, i would carefully bottle the saliva and sell it on ebay....

Well best then if you wear a blue dress Tod .....

ROCKMAN

Date: April 9, 2009 01:46

mickschix

When you have to deal with the crazy nutcases that have followed Dylan for well over four decades, maybe you'd appreciate why.

Plus, yes, by all accounts he is shy. Its not a crime.

Personally, I find asking someone a week's salary for a shitty concert ticket a lot less 'respectful' than not being all happy clappy, but maybe I'm weird.

Date: April 9, 2009 01:47

Rockman

Well best then if you wear a blue dress Tod .....

you devil

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 9, 2009 01:58

Seeing him live and being in the same room with him pretty much felt like meeting him.

Date: April 9, 2009 02:04

Hey, Gazza, have you ever met Dylan, or come close to meeting him? I know if anyone could get noticed, in a nice way, it would be you. Crazies? Hell, yeah, all stars of that stature have that crazy element, and I'm sure it can be scarey but when you determine thatit's just a harmless fan, I think it's a nice gesture to say hello, and maybe signan album. What just came to mind was how sweet John Lennon was to you know who on the day he was murdered!! So, I do understand the reluctance to mingle with unknowns!! And I also agree about forking over a week's pay..been there, done that!
Rockman, that WAS funny!

Date: April 9, 2009 02:04

met charlie musselwhite in the mens' room the other night in between sets. be careful what you wish for - you might be disappointed. he was much more impressive on the stage...and i'll leave it at that...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-04-09 02:05 by StonesTod.

Date: April 9, 2009 02:07

mickschix
Hey, Gazza, have you ever met Dylan, or come close to meeting him?

No, Debra,

Oddly enough, he's the one celebrity that if I did meet, I honestly think I wouldnt know how to deal with it.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1532
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home