Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor: How much will they make from the Universal Re-issues?
Date: April 15, 2009 19:55

I hope they get their fair share. It's only right.

Re: Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor: How much will they make from the Universal Re-issues?
Posted by: GNAT ()
Date: April 15, 2009 19:59

Wyman will get all he deserves.
Taylor will get $1.03 and a can of Pringles.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-04-15 19:59 by GNAT.

Re: Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor: How much will they make from the Universal Re-issues?
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 15, 2009 20:02

No matter what it is, it could never be enough. Mick and Keith would need to die for their sins before it would appease the indignation those who revere the Stones Who Were Cast Aside.

- From The Book of Numbers (Chart Positions, Royalties, and Sum of All Groupies Laid)

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: April 15, 2009 20:58

Yeah - GNAT - Taylor did "NOTHING" to help the Stones get where they are..

what a A_Hole!

MLC

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 15, 2009 21:00

Well, Taylor's living a pretty good live without any real carreer of his own, so I guess being in the Stones for five years does pay off.

Wyman still is a multi-millionair, so he's been paid quite well too.

Mathijs

Posted by: Harm ()

MCDDTLC

MLC

Right

Posted by: skipstone ()

What makes you think any of them are gonna make money!? It's not a money maker. That kind of thing is long gone.

Date: April 15, 2009 21:15

skipstone
What makes you think any of them are gonna make money!? It's not a money maker. That kind of thing is long gone.

Because for the first time in ages there will be significant Rolling Stones stock on the shelves.

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: April 15, 2009 21:18

is selling albums such a big deal now?
I thought most of their money was hmm, writing credits and doing shows...

Date: April 15, 2009 21:21

Harm - Don't get your response???

Are you taking the same tact as Mr. GNAT?

MLC

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 15, 2009 21:28

MCDLTLC - This is how we deal with gnats in Florida (hehe)

Date: April 15, 2009 21:40

Completely agree Chris!!!

MLC

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: April 15, 2009 22:00

Mick Taylor...I just don´t get it how some of you...over and over again, spit in his face...You just don´t realize how important he was, do you?

Date: April 15, 2009 22:04

No Bjorn - they dont" and it's a shame

the only ones who really know and give credit are the Stones themselves..

Keith, Bill Wyman, Charlie and even Jagger himself..

Too many "recent" Stones fans around here they they only got popular when Ronnie
joined..

MLC

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: April 15, 2009 22:05

don't tell them how to feel - to quote good old Neil.
chill out guys!

Date: April 15, 2009 22:07

We're just having a discussion - Amused- nothing to "chill out" about..

MLC

Date: April 16, 2009 02:16

The first time in ages? You mean since the Virgin stock was pulled OUT just a few months ago? It wasn't selling then - what makes you think it's gonna sell more now? That's HILARIOUS! Do you mean that UMG will have MORE Stones albums out than Virgin did? HA HAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: April 16, 2009 10:59

MLC your jumping the gun I feel. I presume Gnats stating that Taylor won't see much in royalties, not that he didn't contribute?

Chill out for a change.....

Posted by: Filip020169 ()
Date: April 16, 2009 13:07

the Stones Who Were Cast Aside.

... aren you forgetting that both of them LEFT on their own behalf??
Nobody asked, let alone forced them too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-04-16 15:00 by Filip020169.

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: April 16, 2009 13:31

Oh well, it's like talking about George Lazenby all over again.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 16, 2009 14:55

What is this fascination with how much money someone else makes?

I, personally, get offended when someone asks me questions that would reveal how much my compensation is,
and in some parts of the world it is considered rude to ask someone what they do for a living.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 16, 2009 16:16

I'm not forgetting, Filip.

Date: April 16, 2009 17:34

I'm still trying to figure out what the significant Stones stock on the shelves line means.

Date: April 16, 2009 19:01

MCDDTLC

what a A_Hole!

MLC

Did I say he did "NOTHING"? I don't think I did. You jump too quickly.....down boy. You must learn to control the MT thing.

Anyway, it would be what "an" A_Hole!

Date: April 16, 2009 19:04

Chris Fountain
MCDLTLC - This is how we deal with gnats in Florida (hehe)

confused smileysmoking smileytongue sticking out smileysmiling smiley>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 16, 2009 19:25

MCDDTLC
Harm - Don't get your response???

Are you taking the same tact as Mr. GNAT?

MLC

No, I agree with you.

Date: April 16, 2009 22:26

skipstone
I'm still trying to figure out what the significant Stones stock on the shelves line means.

ok - let me spell it out in simple terms. Whenever I have visited big London record stores over the last couple of years (not months) there hasn't been an awful lot of Stones CDs available. Usually 40 Licks, Live Licks. You could never go into such a store and hope to pick up Emotional Rescue for example.

Does that make it clear Skipstone. Twit!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 16, 2009 23:04

ya gotta ask mick,and we all know how he does not like letting go of a pound

Date: April 17, 2009 04:22

Sorry there Sir Craven - in a majority of places in the States you can find, at times, ALL of the albums. There are the places that only have Jump Back and Forty Licks and A Bigger Bang but those are just a couple of places.

Hell, I'm still finding the stupid American flag tongued series in stores. I saw the Sticky Fingers one the other day. I just don't understand it.

Date: April 17, 2009 09:33

No probs Skispstone. It's hardly crucial to world affairs!!

Put another way. If you just discovered the Rolling Stones and wanted to buy everything you would be hard pushed. If greatness was measured by availability ten the Stones just wouldn't register in the UK.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1223
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home