Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

8 Rolling Stones on Planet Earth
Posted by: Highwire.uk ()
Date: May 7, 2010 01:17

There will only ever be 8 Rolling Stones on planet earth. 2 Have now gone on to another place that leaves 6.
If The Rolling Stones want to go down in history one last time they need to do something special in there closing years.
Here is one way to make the News and of course Money.
Get all 6 Stones toghether for a number of shows.
I think if thay all got there heads in the same place it could happen.
Re set list each Stone would pick 1 song that has never been played before live
Each Stone would pick 2 hits
Thats 18 songs + 6 other songs that they could agree on.
Then they would rehearse for a month.
Play 6 night say Royal Albert Hall UK + 6 Nights USA + 6 Nights maybee Garmany.
All the same type of venue not stadiums.
Maybee if this was on the cards Mick Taylor & Ronnie would get there acts toghether and Keith would stop posing and play.
I think if all 6 got there acts sorted out we would have a show to show why we think they are and allways will be the best.

Re: 8 Rolling Stones on Planet Earth
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: May 7, 2010 02:15

The Rolling Stones dont have to prove anything.When ya called *The Greatest Rock Band In The World*I think thats prove enough to go in the history books.I would of thought.But a good idea to see them all together on stage.smoking smiley

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 8, 2010 17:45

I wonder if Jethro Tull, Fleetwood Mac, or Jefferson Airplane/Starship ever thought about doing something like this! Going on tour with ALL of their past and present living members! Maybe all three bands could do this and go on tour TOGETHER! They could have a grand finale, with all three bands on stage at the same time! There would be, like, 80 or 90 people on the stage! That would be @#$%& awesome!

Posted by: NedKelly ()
Date: May 8, 2010 18:27

There's only one Stones configuration now, and it will not change:
Mick Jagger
Keith Richards
Charlie Watts
Ronnie Wood
Daryl Jones
Chuch Leavell
Lisa Fisher
Blondie Chaplin
Bernard Fowler
Bobby Keys
Michael Davies
Ken Smith
Tim Ries

As for me, I'd rather have Bill Wyman back on stage than Mick Taylor. Mick played well, but after all it was just standard blues licks he fitted into the songs. Ronnies playing is much more elaborate.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 8, 2010 18:46

NedKelly

Mick [Taylor] played well, but after all it was just standard blues licks he fitted into the songs. Ronnies playing is much more elaborate.

Let's say your assertion is at least disputable. And that's the understatement of the year.

Posted by: NedKelly ()
Date: May 8, 2010 19:01

kleermaker
NedKelly

Mick [Taylor] played well, but after all it was just standard blues licks he fitted into the songs. Ronnies playing is much more elaborate.

Let's say your assertion is at least disputable. And that's the understatement of the year.

I've been waiting for you, queermaker. >grinning smiley< It's just my opinion. I hope you can stand that without your usual b@@@ing...

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 8, 2010 19:36

NedKelly
kleermaker
NedKelly

I've been waiting for you, queermaker. >grinning smiley< It's just my opinion. I hope you can stand that without your usual b@@@ing...

Oh, if it's only your opinion it's fine with me. Not worth disputing.

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: May 8, 2010 19:42

If this ever happens I swear I'll swim across the Atlantic to see them.

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: May 8, 2010 22:34

Who is the second stone no longer on earth? Stu?

Date: May 8, 2010 23:33

You could quite imagine the reaction from the crowd and the standing ovation The Rolling Stones would get to see all six of them on stage together.It would be quite a motional for some of the crowd I would think.Then to see all the cameras going off..the place would light up like a Christmas tree.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: May 9, 2010 01:04

NedKelly
There's only one Stones configuration now, and it will not change:
Mick Jagger
Keith Richards
Charlie Watts
Ronnie Wood
Daryl Jones
Chuch Leavell
Lisa Fisher
Blondie Chaplin
Bernard Fowler
Bobby Keys
Michael Davies
Ken Smith
Tim Ries

As for me, I'd rather have Bill Wyman back on stage than Mick Taylor. Mick played well, but after all it was just standard blues licks he fitted into the songs. Ronnies playing is much more elaborate.

well it might change; people get hired and fired; the vegas thing has been discussd here in all aspects; what works and what no longer works...according to opinions etc...

u say eight but list many more. for me the stones are mick, keith, charles, stu, mick taylor, ron wood, bill of COURSE...brian... if THATS the "eight" then i guess we're agreed.
bobby keys and nicky hopkins deserve supreme extra credit.

the rest of your list not so much imo. not stones. never stones. never to be stones. a 'configuration' ? yes. a great working unit? well sometimes...last concerts i really consistently am excited about would be end of Licks thing personally...say early '03... tho i'm sure there are great shows ABB that i've probably missed...

some acts keep working and makng albums until the very end of their lives...as long as four of the originals are still alive, and as long as Stones like Taylor and Ronnie are still alive...well, i think anything they WANT to happen and WoRK for out of inspiration, COULD come to pass with a wave of mick's hand...and some revisioning etc...

i don't get why you'd diminish mick taylor in your post tho... it's naive arrogance in my opinion. hey man EVERYBODY EVERYBODY knows those blues progressions and major minor 'blues' scales etc... EVERYBODY... everybody knows the chuck riffs....EVERYBODY... turning that into ORIGINAL soulful meaningful timeless extraordinary art, yes art, and ROCK AND ROLL..is another thing. u can try it at home kids, but you'll not be up to live stones '69 thru '74.. ever.
so have some sympathy for Mick Taylor: Rolling Stone. he gave it ALL up for you everytime he strapped the thing on...hendrix approached him quietly and respectfully and he was just a KID comparatively. sssshhhhh. thank taylor and move on...the disses miss the point of just how great those records and shows were/are. and how it took the BAND to make it so glorious and timeless...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-09 02:00 by Beelyboy.

Date: May 9, 2010 01:28

doubledoor
Who is the second stone no longer on earth? Stu?
doudledoor..People have always had there doubts about whether Stu was a Rolling Stone or not.Well if he was in the early line-up with the others in 1962 and was with the band until pretty boy Andrew Loog come along and removed him from the official line-up sometime in 1963 so in that short time I would of thought he was an official Rolling Stone member.But stayed on as their road manager+kegboardist until his death in 1985.I think if he was solely a kegboardist for The Stones and the road managers side of it was left to someone else people may of thought differently about Stu position in the band.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: May 9, 2010 01:31

when i saw stones live. EACH and EVERY time i've seen the stones live, with the exception of SW tour. Stu has been a VERY VERY big part of the live show and the live energy and the supreme rooted holy heat at the very central of the experience. just sayin.... to ME, he's a Stone. and always was one. till the day he stopped living and even since then....God bless you Ian, THANK YOU!!!!

note to mick jagger inc.: if u put mclagen (small faces pop group) on piano you'd have someone who worked with stu, knew him and some of that rooted ferocity.. plus you'd have remants of nicky's melodicism. (sp?) doncha think?

signed,
true believer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-09 04:28 by Beelyboy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1979
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home