Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT--Obama dog named "Bo" for Diddley!
Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: April 13, 2009 01:43

WASHINGTON, April 12 (UPI) -- The Obamas' watch dog may not be very big but the media dog watch has been huge, with the latest news being the U.S. first family's best friend is named Bo.
The world's media have been drooling over the prospects of getting a scoop on the presidential pooch, if not actually scooping up after him. The Washington Post rang the bell first with word that the Obama girls, Sasha and Malia, named their new pet Bo.

The girls reportedly picked the name because they have cousins with a cat by that name and a grandfather whose nickname was Diddley, making for a reference to blues guitarist Bo Diddley.

The black-and-white 6-month-old Portuguese water dog will start watering the White House lawn Tuesday, the Post reported Sunday.

The Obamas had talked about rescuing a dog from an animal shelter. But as it turned out, Bo came as a gift from Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass., the Post said.

Re: OT--Obama dog named "Bo" for Diddley!
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 13, 2009 01:49

That has to be the worst written story ever. How many cheesy one liners can you get in a story.Ughh....On a far mores serious note. Congratulations to the brave captain who was rescued from Somali pirates unharmed earlier today.thumbs up

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-04-13 01:53 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 13, 2009 01:50

The very first picture of the new First Dog!

Posted by: CharliMoon ()
Date: April 13, 2009 01:53

sweetcharmedlife
That has to be the worst written story ever. How many cheesy one liners can you get in a story.Ughh....On a far mores serious note. Congartulations to the captain who was rescued from Somali pirates unharmed earlier today.thumbs up

Yep, that's indeed good news!

Crap story or not, I'd name my dog Bo any time If it was somewhat more of an actual dog than a Portugese water dog. *g*

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: April 13, 2009 14:39

The dog's cute, and is reliable around children. That counts for something! Bo's a fine name, and honouring an old blues legend is a good thing. It's what the Stones do, whenever they get a chance.
And yes, congratulations to the brave captain. When I heard they brought in the Navy Seals, I knew this story would get a happy ending. So, safe journey back to Vermont, Captain!

Date: April 13, 2009 14:40

How sweet!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 13, 2009 15:57

Thank God they finally got a dog. Now everything will be just fine.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: April 13, 2009 16:08

Very newsworthy stuff here,never mind the real world. Now we have to put up with CNN and the likes recycling this for days.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 13, 2009 17:33

Edith Grove
The very first picture of the new First Dog!

If you don't mind my saying so ... and not wishing of course to start a war or a political discussion ... but that is one very sensible dog there !!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 13, 2009 17:38

Addicted
The dog's cute, and is reliable around children. That counts for something! Bo's a fine name, and honouring an old blues legend is a good thing. It's what the Stones do, whenever they get a chance.
And yes, congratulations to the brave captain. When I heard they brought in the Navy Seals, I knew this story would get a happy ending. So, safe journey back to Vermont, Captain!

Great result of course, and truly wonderful that the good Captain's life was saved, but the bit I'm not particularly looking forward to now is "Pirates - the MOVIE", with (heaven forbid) Tom Cruise in the starring role as the Captain. Ugh gasp !!

Posted by: socialdistortion ()
Date: April 13, 2009 17:38

OK, here we go. the LEFT are allowed to do this but the Right??????No way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1713
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home