Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

the stones and there locked away recordings (DELUXE EDITIONS)
Posted by: Flashy999 ()
Date: April 4, 2009 13:47

Dear Fellow Stones Lovers,...

For more than 40 years the stones have been recording Anything they played, or rehearsed, and i mean anything !! every Radio / TV show or concert, club Gig .. Etc.. but why .. ?? in the last 30 years nothing special has been released .. maybe gimme shelter on dvd with some New York video recordings, but hey thats all ...

Most collectors can play 24 hours a day sessions or rarities without hearing a single track twice .. so enough stuff is available.

everybode here on IORR knows whats available .. so does mick, but mick always looks in the future, for new goals, new opportunities, the past is history .. he never looks back in the past, so why release special (old & unreleased)tracks on DELUXE EDITIONS which are anounched this summer. the new DELUXE EDITIONS will be just like a DVD sized package like: snow patrol, keane, amy winehouse, etc. glossy cover with some extra pictures in a booklet and maybe better sound or 1 or 2 12" versions but that will be it ...

happy easter all !

Flashy

Re: the stones and there locked away recordings (DELUXE EDITIONS)
Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: April 4, 2009 16:57

Wow, your first post is so informative, thanks for sharing these wonderful news! winking smiley
Please share some more!

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: April 4, 2009 18:41

That's "their locked away recordings," not "there......"

Happy Spring and Easter Flashy

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: April 4, 2009 18:58

You say Mick doesn't look to the past.

Can you explain, then, their set lists?

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: April 4, 2009 22:01

the past is where all great stones songs are, the modern day albums are just an excuse to go on tour and make ridiculous money

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: April 5, 2009 00:48

The argument that Mick doesn't want to look in the past is utter bullsh#t. If that were the case, than why oh why do the Stones play the same 15 warhorses every(stadium) show? (and don't play a lot of newer material?)

Bring on the vaults. Let's drink to the hardworking fans.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-04-05 01:01 by barbabang.

Date: April 5, 2009 00:50

barbabang
The argument that Mick doesn't want to look in the past is utter bullsh#t. If that were the case, than why oh why do the Stones the same 15 warhorses every(stadium) show? (and don't play a lot of newer material?)

its because of that wonderful thing called THE CASUAL FAN

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 5, 2009 01:01

I think Mick sings the warhorses because most people, unlike the few of us who regularly post on these boards, want to hear the songs they have heard on the radio for the past forty-seven years.

Let's face it, Skip! We are in the minority here!

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: April 5, 2009 07:38

barbabang
The argument that Mick doesn't want to look in the past is utter bullsh#t. If that were the case, than why oh why do the Stones the same 15 warhorses every(stadium) show? (and don't play a lot of newer material?)

its because of that wonderful thing called THE CASUAL FAN
.....hey--that's where they make their money--like any other band....hard-core fanatics don't fill the coffers for these guys--CASUAL fans do--they don't ask for too much and are happy just to see them every coupla years and maybe buy a t-shirt and poster..and a remastered lp with no bonus materiel and they don't mind if there is'nt a NEW lp..because...they are only CASUAL fans--the Stones bread and butter!!!!--they could'nt give a hang about us freaks!!

STONES JAM!! MICKEYS RULES!!! (burp) NADER IN 2016!!!!! GO GIANTS!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-04-05 07:45 by lunar!!!.

Date: April 5, 2009 16:42

What i was trying to say is that Mick is not really spending much time in talking or willing to releas old stuff or unreleased recordings into a cd (set)
if they want to, they already could have done the same as .. U2 or others .. the stones have so much Pay Per View stuff, just take hampton or any other one into a dvd .. but hey they dont care about old material .. jagger long time ago sung gotta walk and dont look back .. and this topic has nothing to do with the songs (war horses) they play on stage .. take care all ...

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: April 5, 2009 16:54

lunar, you are usually wise but this time you are making the most ridiculous statement here! The HARD CORES are the ones that buy the cds and spend all the bread(Who else would buy the same collections year after year with a promise of
"new Mix"!) And casual fans do NOT shell out the kinda cash these guys charge for tickets(way above most other bands). The unreleased concert sbs and outtakes(in perfect quality) would keep the band in cd royalties for YEARS to come if handled correctly.

Date: April 5, 2009 17:01

To Barbabang this topic has nothing to do with setlists ..

Date: April 6, 2009 00:51

scottkeef
lunar, you are usually wise but this time you are making the most ridiculous statement here! The HARD CORES are the ones that buy the cds and spend all the bread(Who else would buy the same collections year after year with a promise of
"new Mix"!) And casual fans do NOT shell out the kinda cash these guys charge for tickets(way above most other bands). The unreleased concert sbs and outtakes(in perfect quality) would keep the band in cd royalties for YEARS to come if handled correctly.
..i disagree---the fans i see in the $500 seats ARE very casual fans--yakking on cell phones and just trying to "make the scene"...its not "us freaks" that buy the same discs over and over --its new generations of kids who don't have them who buy the new "remasters"..besides --how many hardcores do you really figure there are?? these days i would say, not too many anymore..not enough for the stones to amass that gigantic fortune anyhow...of course this is my opinion only..annd i have had a coupla cold ones!!..

STONES JAM!! MICKEYS RULES!!! (burp) NADER IN 2016!!!!! GO GIANTS!!

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: April 6, 2009 01:15

Flashy999
What i was trying to say is that Mick is not really spending much time in talking or willing to releas old stuff or unreleased recordings into a cd (set)
if they want to, they already could have done the same as .. U2 or others .. the stones have so much Pay Per View stuff, just take hampton or any other one into a dvd .. but hey they dont care about old material .. jagger long time ago sung gotta walk and dont look back .. and this topic has nothing to do with the songs (war horses) they play on stage .. take care all ...

This concerns obviously the Stones,because his VERY best of CD was backed up with
three previously unreleased tracks and (if you want ) a DVD.
To release his own "old stuff" he was willing enough.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 6, 2009 22:18

Could it be that Mick's reluctance to put out archive material is partly because:
-The pre 1972 material (or rather live versions of): ABKCO as holders of the publishing rights would get income
-The post 1972 material (until the mid 80's): EMI Publishing has as interest - not sure for hom much longer. If Mick negotiates with another publisher to admister, but under their Promopub company, it would mean less for the Stones to share out,perhaps.
Any views?

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: April 6, 2009 23:00

Interesting jlowe. Given that the financial motivations is what keeps them together I wouldn't be surprised at all. The EMI publishing rights is a new angle in this discussion.

Bring on the vaults!

Date: April 6, 2009 23:06

Well,lunar-you have a point there(and it aint the one on top of yer head-sorry-LOL!) I DO remember being irritated at the people behind me on their cell phone at the last show I went to. But I guess I still have to split with you on the remasters as I really do think hardcores keep looking for that "perfect" sounding release!

Date: April 7, 2009 12:35

sure this is partly a financial matter, but they did release lets spend the night DVD and hyde park and so on but again from old masters while they had a change to release something good and complete instead of the old short 81 tracks .. most hottest wish would be from several tours a box with 3 dvd like BB & FF but this and all these EMI sony outtakes will be released (if available) on Bootleg so keep on collecting all " because if the stones release any old stuff i will be already burried alive to keep my memories ..

Flashy

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 7, 2009 19:10

jlowe
Could it be that Mick's reluctance to put out archive material is partly because:
-The pre 1972 material (or rather live versions of): ABKCO as holders of the publishing rights would get income
-The post 1972 material (until the mid 80's): EMI Publishing has as interest - not sure for hom much longer. If Mick negotiates with another publisher to admister, but under their Promopub company, it would mean less for the Stones to share out,perhaps.
Any views?
this is the truth about why the vaults will not be opened in our lifetime because of mick's greed letting go of a penny. very insightfull post.

Date: April 7, 2009 23:22

when did they realese lstnt dvd?

Date: April 7, 2009 23:29

Have they? (legit anyway?)

Date: April 8, 2009 00:10

melillo

2006 "available in The Benelux exclusively through Universal Pictures (Benelux)"

Date: April 8, 2009 03:37

scottkeef
Well,lunar-you have a point there(and it aint the one on top of yer head-sorry-LOL!) I DO remember being irritated at the people behind me on their cell phone at the last show I went to. But I guess I still have to split with you on the remasters as I really do think hardcores keep looking for that "perfect" sounding release!
..i try to comb my hair over it....!!!

Date: April 8, 2009 03:41

I hear ya, I'm considering joining the "hair club for men "! LOL

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 8, 2009 07:58

Flashy999

Flashy 999 is exactly on point and correct about the release of old material. Quite different is the live performance of songs and the choice thereof.

Thus, perhaps an interesting question is: why the divergence between NOT looking to the past in releasing material, but sticking with it to quite a degreee in live performances?

Is it purely a fiscal/financial question that drives both, or does it go beyond that or to some other factors in addition to those?

p

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 8, 2009 08:05

shortfatfanny
melillo

2006 "available in The Benelux exclusively through Universal Pictures (Benelux)"

is there new material in this edition than in the old VHS edition?

p

Date: April 8, 2009 13:03

As I don´t know the VHS edition I can´t answer precisely.
What I know for sure is that the DVD doesn´t include any bonus footage.
Just a two minute trailer and a poor photo gallery,that´s it for the extras.

But I realized something I missed or didn´t pay much attention before :

During Time is On My Side there is included some old footage and pictures.
(Although I watched the original "Rocks Off" 1982 in the cinema I think this
wasn´t included in the original movie,but I´m not sure).
For sure is that the painted picture of them in uniforms by this belgium artist
is included...just a second.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1855
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home