Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: How many of you guys are going through therapy?
Date: February 18, 2009 10:03

Just curious

Re: OT: How many of you guys are going through therapy?
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 18, 2009 10:05

WOW!!! .. Never heard of a girl named that before ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: February 18, 2009 10:14

A lot of retail therapy, it's good for the economy I tell Mr Stargroves

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: February 18, 2009 10:17

i went through Therapy's back catalogue, a while back....
bit too heavy, for my taste.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 18, 2009 11:06

Well I am a psychologist, and often go through therapy for personal reflection and professional development.

Therapy is a good thing that most everyone would benefit from. The trick is finding a good counselor, or mental health professional who fits. And remembering that there will always come a point of difficult reflection and that is when most people either stop therapy, or switch counselors. Stick with it and look closely in that mirror, no matter how bright the glare is.

Posted by: squando ()
Date: February 18, 2009 11:12

Jesus will you guys try to find anything to post about?

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: February 18, 2009 11:16

No other than that couple-therapy when the marriage was crushed into little pieces.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-18 11:17 by Baboon Bro.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 18, 2009 11:24

Never needed therapy when I got the Stones. They have literally got me through good times and bad times - divorces, deaths of loved ones, trouble at work, unemployment and what have you. When the Stones play the sun shines.

Posted by: GNAT ()
Date: February 18, 2009 11:55

Many have suggested it for me.

Posted by: JK ()
Date: February 18, 2009 13:39

Me. "How to survive normal life while the Stones are not touring and you don´t have a chance to meet your friends after the show at Ronnie´s side mixing desk"....

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: February 18, 2009 13:56

...not yet, though an 18th league title for Man Utd will send me there.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 18, 2009 14:15

LOGIE
...not yet, though an 18th league title for Man Utd will send me there.

Me too. How d'you think I feel as a bloody City fan! hot smiley

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: February 18, 2009 14:24

About a month ago, after Ron Asheton died, I posted a couple of news articles on the subject here and on Rocks Off.
Someone claiming to be a friend of Asheton e-mailed me, obviously upset with me for posting those articles, and suggested I needed therapy.
I wonder if the persons who started those threads got the same e-mail.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 18, 2009 15:00

squando
Jesus will you guys try to find anything to post about?
Jesus will find you and you'll need no more therapy. smiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 18, 2009 15:01

i administer aroma therapy to myself it helps me breathe the fresh pine scented air .

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: February 18, 2009 15:07

I suppose a therapist, by reading here on the board, could find quite a few possible clients. Most people are however smart enough to hide their mail addresses.
A therapist could find a pedophile, several people who could need "anger control", some with extreme egos, some people are terribly depressed, some seem incredibly lonely, some have a fear of the financial crisis that's taking their sleep away - and most of us are more than "average" obsessed with the Stones.

My best friend just lost her job while her divorce came through... One thing at a time is ok to handle, but when two walls come down simultaneously, it's tougher. She's now in therapy, and sees a light in the tunnel.
Whatever you're going through, admitting that sometimes you need a professional to talk to, is the best thing you can do.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 18, 2009 15:42

Silver Dagger
Never needed therapy when I got the Stones. They have literally got me through good times and bad times - divorces, deaths of loved ones, trouble at work, unemployment and what have you. When the Stones play the sun shines.

I've always gotten that kind of spiritual lift from the Who. I always wanted to tell Pete about that, about how their music literally saved my life a few times. I've never had the chance, but I did tell John about it once at a party. He got this very grave, concerned look on his face.

But I know what you mean about the Stones, too. Especially just before a tour announcement or album release, there's an epidemic of Stones Fever in the air, and a good case of Stones Fever will cure just about anything else that might be ailing you.

Date: February 18, 2009 15:52

<No other than that couple-therapy when the marriage was crushed into little pieces.>

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt smiling smiley didn't crush into pieces back then, though. But close...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-18 17:00 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: February 18, 2009 16:06

I did 2 years then the insurance stopped so I could not afford it anymore. It was good for me as I am a guy rather quiet I don't speak that much and I don't confide to my friends than much either. So a therapist was helpfull. One day during a session, I mentionned my obsession with The Rolling Stones and the therapist told me she once saw Mick Jagger in a small airport as she was getting ready to board a plane for vacations somewhere in the carrabian sea.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 18, 2009 17:36

Did I stumble across the Dr Phil board by mistake?.....You want therapy,crank up Ya,Ya's to 11. That'll cure everything.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 18, 2009 17:52

Sir Craven of Cottage
Just curious

It would certainly explain a lot .....

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 18, 2009 18:17

When therapy is mentioned I'm inclined to think of Woody Allen who has spent over 35 years in therapy and I believe at one point was attending 3 times per week.
He did of course end up having an "affair" (Im struggling with the correct word here) with the adopted daughter of his then romantic partner, Mia Farrow.
With me so far?
I think the young girl was around 17 at the time (Woody -oh, dear that word again,was over 50).
I'm not being judgemental, of course. In any case, they are now married.(so its alright in the end!)
Some messy court hearings ensued following this "scandal"and Allen got a character mauling by the Judge.

I suspect that the approach that therapists take is to some extent reflected by the different cultures that exist on Mother Earth. So an American counsellor, will differ in certain respects to an English one and of course I imagine that in the Far East an altogether different approach wil be taken.
May be that the main religion of the country has an influence?
Talking of which, Ive always assumed that Confessionals in the Catholic church are a form of therapy.
You confess your sins...and then (maybe) its o.k. to repeat them?

I think I'll stick to IORR as the best form of therapy.
Also, it doesn't cost anything.

Posted by: Fredo1 ()
Date: February 18, 2009 18:31

I am a psychologist, so that´s basically what I do every day at work.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 18, 2009 18:53

2 sesions several years ago,(a bit depressed),then she asked me were I hang out in the weekend.
That was the last therapy for me in her profession,and I was cured!winking smiley

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: February 18, 2009 20:30

My neighbor to the left is suing my neighbor to the right. They are both therapists but there is something personal going on here. I blast EXILE and neither of them
complain, that has to be encouraging for everyone.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 18, 2009 21:22

I'm too timid to go to a therapist, don't know if you have therapist for that problem?

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: February 18, 2009 21:53

Therapy? I don't need no therapy. I just watch the dvd Rolling Stones Live at Hampton Coliseum 1981 and play it really loud and everything's perfectly fine.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: February 19, 2009 03:29

Addicted
Most people are however smart enough to hide their mail addresses.

I think most people here who do not hide their e-mail addresses do not give out their primary addy.
I use a web-based addy (hotmail) for anyone here to write me. Keeps my primary e-mail safe for personal stuff.

At one time, I had up to eight addresses, all for different reasons. Perhaps I need therapy confused smiley

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 19, 2009 04:09

Edith Grove
Addicted
Most people are however smart enough to hide their mail addresses.

I think most people here who do not hide their e-mail addresses do not give out their primary addy.
I use a web-based addy (hotmail) for anyone here to write me. Keeps my primary e-mail safe for personal stuff.

Right you are.

Date: February 19, 2009 06:21

Stargroves
A lot of retail therapy, it's good for the economy I tell Mr Stargroves

As tears go BUY

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1120
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home