Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mick in the studio in LA ??????
Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: February 16, 2009 03:21

looks like Mick is busy......

NAS AND DAMIAN MARLEY TEAM FOR ALBUM: As-yet-untitled project may be in stores this spring.
Eurweb Thu, 12 Feb 2009 00:05 AM PST
*Nas has been in Los Angeles for the last several weeks quietly recording a new album with reggae star Damian Marley, Billboard.com reports. "We've been recording in a studio, where people like Mick Jagger are recording. No one knew who we were," Nas' manager, Anthony Saleh, tells Billboard.

>grinning smiley<hot smileyspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Re: Mick in the studio in LA ??????
Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: February 16, 2009 03:37

Rip This
looks like Mick is busy......

NAS AND DAMIAN MARLEY TEAM FOR ALBUM: As-yet-untitled project may be in stores this spring.
Eurweb Thu, 12 Feb 2009 00:05 AM PST
*Nas has been in Los Angeles for the last several weeks quietly recording a new album with reggae star Damian Marley, Billboard.com reports. "We've been recording in a studio, where people like Mick Jagger are recording. No one knew who we were," Nas' manager, Anthony Saleh, tells Billboard.

>grinning smiley<hot smileyspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Not quite sure that they mean that Mick is in that particular studio and recording for the moment. Probably more like that Mick's been using that studio for previous recordings. Hope I'm wrong in my interpretation of the text though!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 16, 2009 05:06

A Mick solo record this year? No word of it. Isn't there usually some hype letting the public, er, fans know?

Date: February 16, 2009 10:59

Seems like he's just namedropping...

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: February 16, 2009 11:23

I think it just says that this is a studio were Mick has been recording once

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 16, 2009 13:15

Who's NAS?

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: February 16, 2009 15:18

well, I am not a native English speaker, but I would also say that it means that when Mick records, he uses that studio, not that he is using it at this very moment. So I am not getting excited...

Date: February 16, 2009 16:11

Technically,"are" indicates present tense as opposed to a phrase like 'has recoded'.

Posted by: bumbum ()
Date: February 16, 2009 19:48

It just refers to NAS being in a studio, which fx. Mick Jagger is using - doesn't say that Jagger is in the studio right now.

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: February 16, 2009 19:54

dcba
Who's NAS?

He is a rapper from NYC. Very popular...been around for a while.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: February 16, 2009 20:31

Mick was reported as being in an LA studio just a few weeks ago.

Date: February 17, 2009 02:44

bumbum
It just refers to NAS being in a studio, which fx. Mick Jagger is using - doesn't say that Jagger is in the studio right now.

Using means now as opposed to will use in the future or has used in the past or even uses (as in uses from time to time or on a regular basis). The phrase "are recording" means now,as in Jagger and other people like him (whatever that means) are recording in that studio now.It may or may not be true but,that's what the guy was quoted as having said.

Date: February 17, 2009 06:45

YES I ARE!

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: February 19, 2009 07:00

........what the guy is saying is that Nas is recording in the same studio that Mick is recording in for the last several weeks. TMZ clips of Mick at Coy in LA, lunch with Ronnie(and gf) in LA, nonewithstanding.

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: February 19, 2009 08:30

Mick and Ronnie dining in LA where he was in the studio sounds pretty much like there is something being prepared in the Stones camp.

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: February 19, 2009 09:04

yea...mick insisting that ronnie go back to rehab again....

STONES JAM!! MICKEYS RULES!!! (burp) NADER IN 2016!!!!! GO GIANTS!!

Posted by: Spodlumt ()
Date: February 19, 2009 17:29

I hope it's a Stones project. We don't need another Mick solo record. The stink that was"Goddess in the Doorway" has finally gone away and we can all breathe better...

Date: February 19, 2009 17:32

No, Mick has this song and needs some help with it so he's got Ronnie to help him. But he'll keep that one as well and give him one that he'll never do much of anything with. Again.

And then Mick will can him, leaving the Stones to just having Blondie play guitar...along with the 34 other people on stage...

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 19, 2009 19:00

Maybe Mick's solo tour of North America might be happening!

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: February 19, 2009 19:09

he might be demoing song sketches for a new Stones studio album, he might be recording vocals for unfinished, unreleased archive tracks, he might be doing stuff for a solo album - who knows? the future will tell.

Posted by: bumbum ()
Date: February 19, 2009 19:27

Be happy that Mick is active in the studio. Without Mick's drive - there wouldn't have been too much Stones music / activity the last many years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-19 21:03 by bumbum.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 19, 2009 20:34

I'll take a solo album/tour too, if that be the case.
(Just saying)

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 19, 2009 20:42

that's a good place for him

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 19, 2009 22:07

Spodlumt
I hope it's a Stones project. We don't need another Mick solo record. The stink that was"Goddess in the Doorway" has finally gone away and we can all breathe better...

Honestly, I don't think his last effort with the Stones was any better. A BIGGER BANG wasn't a sort of album left us screaming for some more. I don't like GODDESS very much either but at least there was some drive to create and express something (even though I don't - like many fellow Stones fan or anyone - seem to follow Mick's musical compass anymore), but A BIGGER BANG is total Stones-by-numbers album. The difference between those products was that GODDESS was over-produced, while A BIGGER BANG was under-produced.

- Doxa

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: February 20, 2009 04:25

speak for yourself---ABB left me screaming for more...bought the 2 disc special edition just to get the 2 studio tracks.....the great thing about ABB was-underproduction.....no horns, no special guests, just jamming....

STONES JAM!! MICKEYS RULES!!! (burp) NADER IN 2016!!!!! GO GIANTS!!

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: February 20, 2009 04:48

I heard rumors about a new solo album too, Jagger wrote close to a dozen of new songs during the last 2 years and he is recording since last year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-20 04:50 by georgelicks.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 20, 2009 05:47

lunar!!!
speak for yourself---ABB left me screaming for more...bought the 2 disc special edition just to get the 2 studio tracks.....the great thing about ABB was-underproduction.....no horns, no special guests, just jamming....

I actually have to agree with you....I really think ABB was their best studio effort since Tattoo You. Voodoo Lounge is way overrated and Dirty Work was better than B2B....IMHO.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 20, 2009 06:06

gave ABB a go the other day - with a completely fresh and open mind.....nope. aside from SSC, really disliked almost EVERY other track to the point where i just had to ff to the next track in most cases. dreadful.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: February 20, 2009 06:17

sweetcharmedlife
lunar!!!

I actually have to agree with you....I really think ABB was their best studio effort since Tattoo You.

I agree. And, of course, we can both agree that T&A has no taste.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 20, 2009 06:21

ohnonotyouagain
sweetcharmedlife
lunar!!!

I actually have to agree with you....I really think ABB was their best studio effort since Tattoo You.

I agree. And, of course, we can both agree that T&A has no taste.

i'm sure you fine lads have lots in common

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1473
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home