Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Track Talk: Fingerprint File
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 20, 2015 18:07

Turner68
RobertJohnson
RobertJohnson
Great contributions of riffmaster Keith, the studio version belongs to the all time greats of the band, but the live adaptation is terrible, lousy vocals, strange rhythm section, somewhat like a samba that doesn't fit to the song, and the loud guitar of Keith, that is the momentum of the song on the studio version, has been vanished. Further the bass lines of MT are far better than the one of RW (see "rhythm section").

I know it is shameless to cite myself. But I want to correct the nonsense I wrote in 2010. The leading riff is not Keith's but Mick's (Jagger), one of his strongest works on guitar. Meanwhile LA 75 has been released and my opinion has changed in respect to the live versions and Ronnie's bass lines. The far better sound and mix of the official boot compared to the one on LYL present Fingerprint as a work of art on it's own. Ronnie's bass lines are on top and on par with the lines in studio.

it's not shameless at all to update what you said, IMO.
i agree this song works better live than on the album.

At least you didn't have a stupid idiotic conversation with yerself like WhackingWackO'LanternRollin50 did so often.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 20, 2015 22:53

I think Bill could have done an interesting job. I've never heard him flub on stage what another Stone played on bass in the studio, in fact he often played it note for note or improved it. He's as good as Keith, and better, on Live With Me. I think he wanted to go play his snyth part he did for the record, though it wasn't particularly integral to the song.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 20, 2015 23:46

I never felt the menace from the live versions. Too fast and not enough funk. And Mick's studio vocal is among his best performances, and I don't think he did it justice live.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: August 21, 2015 00:33

whitem8
I never felt the menace from the live versions. Too fast and not enough funk. And Mick's studio vocal is among his best performances, and I don't think he did it justice live.

I agree with you
+1

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 21, 2015 03:29

Love the sleazy funk of the studio versoin.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: August 21, 2015 04:35

i was 12 yrs old when it came out, and it definitely was not one of my favorites back then. It has grown on me for sure. The live version was ruined by shitty editing.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: August 21, 2015 15:30

Elmo Lewis
Love the sleazy funk of the studio versoin.
+1

Posted by: Pietro ()
Date: August 21, 2015 18:40

I understand it's Edward Snowden's favorite song.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2845
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home