Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT Boss London date Confirmed
Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: February 10, 2009 14:16

Bruce confirmed for Hyde Park "Hard Rock Calling"

[www.hardrockcalling.co.uk]

Re: OT Boss London date Confirmed
Date: February 10, 2009 14:46

tiks on sale friday with o2 pre sales wed. livenation presales thurs. i'm registered with both but cant find any info on how to get the o2 presale number. any ideas ?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 10, 2009 14:59

[www.o2blueroom.co.uk]

Dont see any mention of a priority allocation for that show though

Date: February 10, 2009 15:16

Pre sale details on ticketmaster Gazza. I presume the livenation presale will by username & password but as you say no details of Bruce on the Blueroom site. you usually get a password to txt to o2 in return for presale code. confusing.

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: February 10, 2009 16:04

Swiss date also added, June 30!!!

[www.goodnews.ch]

Posted by: hickorywind ()
Date: February 10, 2009 16:49

No Scottish date once again . The only major artist in the business who consistently ignores his Scots fans who travel the world over to see him perform.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 10, 2009 19:01

"The only major artist in the business who consistently ignores his Scots fans who travel the world over to see him perform."
ACDC too!

Posted by: GuessWho ()
Date: February 10, 2009 19:28

ACDC are playing Glasgow's Hampden Park this summer.

The last time Bruce visited Scotland was to perform in Edinburgh on the Tom Joad Tour. (March 1996)

Prior to that it was the SECC in Glasgow (March 1993)

You have to go back to MAY 1981 for the ESB to have played in Edinburgh.

With all the dates since the 1999 reunion you would have thought one stadium date in Scotland would have been played.

At least the Stones haven't missed out Scotland in their recent tours.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: February 10, 2009 19:40

Will they be playing pre-recorded music from a tape like they did during the Super Bowl?

Maybe Brittany Spears could join Bruce for his dance steps and lip sync?

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: February 10, 2009 19:49

Yeah, right on! Perhaps Bruce will even use the pre-recorded intro from Sympathy For The Devil as used by The Rolling Stones at live shows. Now THAT would be totally cool.

Date: February 10, 2009 22:39

hickorywind
No Scottish date once again . The only major artist in the business who consistently ignores his Scots fans who travel the world over to see him perform.

No UK 'tour' dates have been announced as yet. Just a festival date (promoted by Live Nation) and he will also play Glastonbury (promoted by Michael Eavis)

Its highly likely he'll play a couple of 'regular' tour dates, which Harvey Goldsmith will announce once he gets his finger out of his fat ass. I've heard strong rumours of a show at Don Valley Stadium in Sheffield , with a possible date of June 25th.

Incidentally, there were negotiations for a show at Hampden Park in Glasgow, but they fell through. Possible scheduling conflicts, I dont know,although that would make sense as the stadium is in use by Take That and ACDC the same week that Bruce would have been likely to play there.

I'd like to think this would mean they'd try and get an alternative stadium north of the border. Scotland - and Glasgow especially - isnt short of quality stadiums.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-10 22:41 by Gazza.

Date: February 11, 2009 15:31

o2 pre sale tiks availabel from this link.

[www.o2blueroom.co.uk]

txt ROCK to 2402 (from o2 phone) for code.

If you havnt got an o2 line, try anyway as I wasnt even asked for code. got four, Macca rumoured for the saturday.

Date: February 11, 2009 15:35

Apparently you could access the 02/Live Nation presale this morning without a passcode.

Good to see that Live Nation/Ticketmaster merger has got off to such a competent start!

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: February 11, 2009 15:43

Don Valey Stadium? The third worst stadium in sheffield :-(

Date: February 11, 2009 15:58

[www.ticketmaster.co.uk]

the above link will bring you straight to presale.

I see that the Dave Matthews Band are on the same bill. Havnt heard anything by them, anyone here got any opinions on them ?
smiling smiley

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: February 11, 2009 17:19

they're shite.... hit the bar, when they're on.

Alternatively, throw cups of piss at them.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 11, 2009 17:37

Adrian-L

No no Adrian! we dont want that kind of behaviour.>grinning smiley<

Date: February 11, 2009 17:41

[www.ticketmaster.co.uk]

Sorry should have read DOH !

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: February 11, 2009 18:53

Nanker Phlegm
[www.ticketmaster.co.uk]

the above link will bring you straight to presale.

I see that the Dave Matthews Band are on the same bill. Havnt heard anything by them, anyone here got any opinions on them ?
smiling smiley

Thanks man! This is what I love about this site - general camaraderie and people looking out for each other. Got my tickets.

Date: February 11, 2009 21:02

Adrian-L

I'm filling mine up already in protest at that abortion he inflicted on "Memory Motel" on 'No Security'

Gaslight Anthem are also on the bill.

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: February 11, 2009 22:29

Adrian-L

Or, you could do what I'm planning to do - just turn up for Bruce and miss the rest. Dave Matthews!!! AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!

Date: February 11, 2009 23:03

Gazza
hickorywind

No UK 'tour' dates have been announced as yet. Just a festival date (promoted by Live Nation) and he will also play Glastonbury (promoted by Michael Eavis)

Its highly likely he'll play a couple of 'regular' tour dates, which Harvey Goldsmith will announce once he gets his finger out of his fat ass. I've heard strong rumours of a show at Don Valley Stadium in Sheffield , with a possible date of June 25th.

Incidentally, there were negotiations for a show at Hampden Park in Glasgow, but they fell through. Possible scheduling conflicts, I dont know,although that would make sense as the stadium is in use by Take That and ACDC the same week that Bruce would have been likely to play there.

I'd like to think this would mean they'd try and get an alternative stadium north of the border. Scotland - and Glasgow especially - isnt short of quality stadiums.
Thanks Gazza for showing a little hope at a very frustating time for the Bruce Clan. Surely Ibrox fits the bill ? cool smiley

Date: February 11, 2009 23:56

Indeed. Knowing Bruce, he'll probably open a show there with 'No Surrender' (although maybe he's reserving that choice for the 12th July show in Dublin..LOL)

In all seriousness, considering the fact he's played pretty much everywhere else in western Europe in the last 3 years, if he were to miss Scotland this time around he doesnt deserve to HAVE a fanbase in that part of the UK.

Saw his shows in Glasgow in '93 and Edinburgh in '96 and he seemed to have a great time at both of them, so the oversight in the last 13 years has been baffling.

Date: February 12, 2009 16:48

Lets hope we hear something soon. I was at the SECC gig in 1993 when Hall 4 was standing only and the reception Bruce got was unbelievable . He clearly remarked at the gig that he did not know about "you people" ie how crazy the audience were for him and he also jumped into the crowd and made some joke about checking his wallet when he got back onstage! I think TOTP also taped a live song at the the show too.I am sure you will keep us posted if you any info etc. Well done N.Iron last night.

Date: February 12, 2009 17:15

Just got a hotel by Hyde Pk on last minute.com for £10. first come first served offer. tried straight away for other nights but all gone.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: February 12, 2009 17:25

What's the big deal about a presale for this show. It's at Hyde park, which holds, like 200,000 people right? Will it actually sell out?

Date: February 12, 2009 17:31

Capacity for Hard Rock Calling is 45k. Hence the pre-sale interest. You can still get tiks on second day of pre sale, surprising when you consider how quick he sold out the first Emirates gig, around 65k. maybe it will be 200K. doubt it.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 13, 2009 13:04

Shit. I didn't get a ticket and it's sold out already. Any spares?

Date: February 13, 2009 17:51

Sorry to hear that Silver Dagger, Pity you didn't get in on the pre-sales, it was an absolute doddle to get them, available right thru wed/thurs. i'm sure that there will be drops down the line, keep your eyes peeled.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1406
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home