Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

For this time this board ; Download : Training Wheels "Steel Wheels Outtakes" , MP3/FLAC-Zip Files
Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: January 29, 2009 22:56

X

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-14 14:58 by UrbanSteel.

Re: For this time this board ; Download : Training Wheels "Steel Wheels Outtakes" , MP3/FLAC-Zip Files
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 30, 2009 05:49

Thanks Urban Steel. Much appreciated.thumbs up

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Re: For this time this board ; Download : Training Wheels "Steel Wheels Outtakes" , MP3/FLAC-Zip Files
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 30, 2009 08:21

Urban,

Excellent. The outtake version of Can't be Seen has a great Motown feel to it.

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: January 30, 2009 12:09

Jos, such a shame about the MP3's.....I wish you kept the recordings in FLAC format.

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: January 30, 2009 12:14

there are in FLAC, see first two links! smiling smiley
thanks!

Posted by: cc ()
Date: January 30, 2009 17:15

Chris Fountain
Urban,

Excellent. The outtake version of Can't be Seen has a great Motown feel to it.

yes, I noticed that too. The whole album in fact has more of an R&B feeling to the arrangements than I noticed before. I wonder if the production could have been adjusted to bring that out in a richer sounding way. I don't recall any contemporary reviews being struck with this--it was the usual crap about "scathing guitars" and "the engine room rhythm section."

then again, most contemporary R&B albums in 1989 sounded even worse, so hats off to the Stones then.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 30, 2009 17:46

cc,

I think you are right. The album is over arranged/produced. Even R&HP is superior as horns weren't really needed for this song.

Of course, at the time, the public was dying for another tour. As strange as that tour was, it seemed like a public offering, which is reflected in the album itself. The Stones are more satisfying as a R&B band.

Posted by: Rufestone ()
Date: February 1, 2009 10:55

xxx

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1463
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home