Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Billboard's Singles Sales: PMS debuts at #2 (2,000 copies sold)
Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: April 23, 2010 03:27

From Billboard's Magazine:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-24 06:48 by georgelicks.

Re: Billboard's Hot Singles Sales: PMS debuts at #2
Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: April 23, 2010 04:15

Well I be damn......

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: April 23, 2010 04:30

this is great. !! summer of the stones . oh yeah. goodtimes!! EXILE new and old all ALLLL Summah long.... i KNOW it's get airplay wherever I am!! cool that they're charting...especially with this amazing amazing wondrous album, and outakes..just so grand just so grand just so freakin' grand... oh i'm happy bout this... me personally more excited about some of the offerings on exiles redux other than this tres interesting cut but for the first time i say the uber used, over used contemp phrase with great heart... It's ALL good!!! ohyesitis,.... i'm buying.

beelyboy...Think About it

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: April 23, 2010 04:31

There you go Mick Jagger! Bring back Mick Taylor and you can compete with all those contemporary acts you are so jealous of. Or open the vaults some more and see what happens!

Date: April 23, 2010 04:46

Nowadays the importance of this chart is very small in the Hot 100 (about 10%), the Stones are at #2 but the song is very far from the Hot 100 or the Bubbling Under Hot 100, both dominated by Digital Sales (50%) and Airplay (40%).

Yet, it's good to see the single charting in the physical chart at least.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 23, 2010 07:05

.................drinking smiley..................smileys with beer

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: April 23, 2010 16:32

Did I see that correctly? The Beatles are not even on that chart? Isn't that a bit odd? The Doors are.

Posted by: akgameboy ()
Date: April 23, 2010 17:06

skipstone
Did I see that correctly? The Beatles are not even on that chart? Isn't that a bit odd? The Doors are.

Might that be because the Beatles are the most over-rated, sucky band of all-time?

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: April 23, 2010 22:59

akgameboy
skipstone

Might that be because the Beatles are the most over-rated, sucky band of all-time?

why don't u just be grateful that the beatles befriended the stones, threw them a pop single for their first significant charting ever...and gave them a shot for a career in the music business. and a 'look' ...and tons of generous publicity...
stones grew beatle haircuts and the rest is histry....
dumbass

Date: April 24, 2010 01:09

HA HA! You tell 'im Beely!

I was and still am really surprised to not see The Beatles single on that chart. That's just...WRONG.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: April 24, 2010 06:17

I'm glad to say that I've been hearing "Plundered My Soul"a lot on my local radio stations.

Re: Billboard's Singles Sales: PMS debuts at #2 (2,000 copies sold)
Date: April 24, 2010 06:48

Post edited with full scans from Billboard.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: April 26, 2010 22:12

Is Plundered My Soul "bubbling under" the charts or has it already sunk like a stone (no pun intended)?

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: April 27, 2010 01:07

Great to see the Rolling Stones back so high on the charts. That being said, coming in second to Adam Lambert, (an American Idol player) reinforces the thoughts that something ain't right in the U.S music scene. Wait, something hasn't been right with that in years, lol.

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: April 27, 2010 02:09

I'm recording and releasing my own single next week and will buy 3,001 copies myself thereby earning No.1 spot on the chart. Rock n Roll stardom, here I come.

Date: April 27, 2010 05:56

What does this chart represent?

It's clearly not the pop charts with acts like Neil Young ( Heart of Gold) on it.

Anybody know how PMS is doing on the main charts? I've noticed it's done fairly well in some countries around the world and the album is around #20 on Amazon several weeks before it's release.

Any chance the album makes the top ten in the US?

Date: April 27, 2010 06:11

>>>>>What does this chart represent?

The best selling physical singles in the U.S.

>>>>>Anybody know how PMS is doing on the main charts? I've noticed it's done fairly well in some countries around the world and the album is around #20 on Amazon several weeks before it's release.

It didn't chart on the main chart (Hot 100), or Bubbling Under Hot 100 (101-125) or any other Billboard chart except the Singles Sales. It didn't make the Top 40 rock chart either and it's already out of Itunes Top 250 on both UK and US.
About other countries it reached #3 in Netherlands, #47 in Italy and #200 in U.K.

>>>>>Any chance the album makes the top ten in the US?

It needs to sell around 30,000/35,000 copies to get in the U.S Top 10, a very tough mark for the boys nowadays.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: April 27, 2010 11:41

donvis
There you go Mick Jagger! Bring back Mick Taylor and you can compete with all those contemporary acts you are so jealous of. Or open the vaults some more and see what happens!

Yeah, I'm sure this is thanks to Mick Taylor... And that the fact that Mick and Keith wrote a great song has absolutely NOTHING to do with it's success. It's all because of Taylor - who desided he wanted to become a star on his own and left the band more than 35 years ago. I'd never rehire anyone who left my ompany at a cricial time. I doubt the Stones ate willing to do so. In favt - I truely hope they're not willing to.
angry smiley

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: April 30, 2010 10:17

15 th spot on the French Top 50 grinning smiley
[musique.premiere.fr]

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: April 30, 2010 13:09

Peter Gabriel, Neil Young, The Stones, John Paul Jones, The Doors, Elvis Costello...That's a pretty good chart.

Posted by: thabo ()
Date: April 30, 2010 18:26

georgelicks
it reached #3 in Netherlands,

Nr 3 in Holland, Bigger Bang was nr 1 in Holland (and so was Black and Blue, Emotional Rescue, Tatto You, Dirty Work, Steel Wheels, Voodoo Lounge and Bridges to Babylon). I think the Dutch Charts are the only charts that really count smiling smiley.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: April 30, 2010 18:30

studiorambo
I'm recording and releasing my own single next week and will buy 3,001 copies myself thereby earning No.1 spot on the chart. Rock n Roll stardom, here I come.

yes..isn't it amazing that these days all it takes is a few thousand sales to be at the top a chart ?!

IORR............but I like it!

Date: April 30, 2010 18:33

I've heard it on local radio quit a bit of late. I'm sure that means nothing, but it's good to see it get some airplay on rock stations not simply oldies stations.

Date: April 30, 2010 19:13

It didn't chart on the Hot 100 or Bubbling Under Hot 100.

On Billboard this week:

#5 on Singles Sales (down from #2)
#31 on Rock Digital Singles (debut)

The track has sold around 7,000 digital copies last week and about 700-800 physical singles. The track has sold around 10,000 copies in U.S. since April 17.

Nothing on Mainstream Rock Chart, the #40 song got about 450 spins last week while PMS is around 250 spins, a long way to go.

Date: April 30, 2010 19:31

So it will stand more along the lines of being an indie release. Ha ha.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: April 30, 2010 20:12

georgelicks
The track has sold around 10,000 copies in U.S. since April 17.

correct me if i'm wrong.....but....does that number repreent actual sales to paying customers
or the # of copies distributed/sold to record/CD shops?

seems to me ..that with books...it's number sold to bookshops.

the 10,000 number would be about right...if a limited 10,000 were issued
and most probably sold on the RECORD STORE DAY sale (or whatever it was).

IORR............but I like it!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2127
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home