Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Wot's This? Ronnie Recording New Faces LP And Moving To LA?
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 22, 2009 19:08

[www.gigwise.com]

Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood has said he plans to move to Los Angeles after spending the festive season in the American city.

Wood, who began recording the next Faces album alongside Rod Stewart while in the city, said he enjoyed the laid back lifestyle.

“I would never have dreamt of living there before because I never used to like the whole vibe of the place,” Wood told the Sun newspaper.

“But it’s much more mellow now and I could definitely see myself living there.”

The guitarist revealed that he and Stewart had had a “great time” in the studio, and that he planned to return to LA to complete the album.

“We managed to record most of the new album and I’m going back in a couple of weeks to finish it off,” he said.

As previously reported on Gigwise, The Faces announced their plans to reunite towards the end of last year.

Re: Wot's This? Ronnie Recording New Faces LP And Moving To LA?
Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: January 22, 2009 19:13

VERY COOL...Now if we can get him to work on a Stones album?
Nothing said about his girlfriend....

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: January 22, 2009 23:24

With all the drug & boose hounds out here in LA - this isn't the place for
Ronnie's Liver... he'll never learn...

MLC

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: January 22, 2009 23:27

I thought the last update was that they cancelled the whole thing. with ronnie you never know and I don't trust this piece of news either - but it sounds way cool grinning smiley

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 22, 2009 23:37

rod's people are reporting that this is all bunk - no songs written, no faces plans in the works at all. as expected. ronnie's drunk.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 22, 2009 23:45

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 22, 2009 23:51

Oh dear, seems like Ronnie is unwell again.
Shades of the late great Geoge Best.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 23, 2009 00:23

I think all of this might have been taken out of context by the media. Ronnie's recent amateur "interview" that was posted here this week saw him talking about his current project - recording a new solo album (in fact, its exactly what BV reported he would be doing during the Stones hiatus on the IORR News page last year). Unfortunately, everyone focused on the fact that his girlfriend was with him and less on the fact that the man is starting a new solo album. I suspect Ronnie mentioned recording at the party and the ever reliable media made up quotes that he was working with Rod since that was his last press showing. Ronnie's not likely to say he's working with Rod when he's clearly quite willing to tell a regular guy with a camcorder that he's got his own album to do.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 23, 2009 00:24

Incidentally, Ronnie lived in LA in the late seventies and early eighties. Further proof his alleged quotes are crap made up by a lazy journalist.

Date: January 23, 2009 00:26

Rocky Dijon
I think all of this might have been taken out of context by the media. Ronnie's recent amateur "interview" that was posted here this week saw him talking about his current project - recording a new solo album (in fact, its exactly what BV reported he would be doing during the Stones hiatus on the IORR News page last year). Unfortunately, everyone focused on the fact that his girlfriend was with him and less on the fact that the man is starting a new solo album. I suspect Ronnie mentioned recording at the party and the ever reliable media made up quotes that he was working with Rod since that was his last press showing. Ronnie's not likely to say he's working with Rod when he's clearly quite willing to tell a regular guy with a camcorder that he's got his own album to do.

who are you, sarah palin? let's just blame the media....

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: January 23, 2009 00:34

Maybe Ronnie can "see" LA from his porch!! HA HA

Posted by: Marmalade ()
Date: January 23, 2009 00:36

I heard something on the car radio this morning about Ron Wood recording an album with the Faces, and at the end the announcer said "Wood also says the Stones are gearing up to tour in 2010". I'm not sure whether I didn't hear that correctly or whether the announcer was joking.

Date: January 23, 2009 00:36

scottkeef
Maybe Ronnie can "see" LA from his porch!! HA HA

what ronnie needs is a sitdown with katie couric

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: January 23, 2009 00:56

Be cool if he moved here to LA!...maybe he could drop by some clubs for some gigs here and there...

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: January 23, 2009 01:08

Has anyone noticed on the dvd with The stones interviewing(one at a time) for Japanese TV that Ronnie appears to not be able to hear the interviewer very well?
Not to joke because I have "tinninitus(?)" myself. It comes and goes as far as extremes but I'm sure Ron has been exposed to a lot louder sound for longer than me! You know the strangest thing? The only way it goes away to the point where I DONT notice it at all is when the music is BLARING LOUD!

Posted by: russr ()
Date: January 23, 2009 01:18

Billboard Reported just today (1/22/09) that Stewart's reps say NOTHING will happen in 2009 Faces-wise.

Too bad. I was looking forward to it.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: January 23, 2009 02:16

Just found this on EW.Take it with a grain of salt..

Flea joins Faces: Yay?
Jan 22, 2009, 04:00 PM | by Simon Vozick-Levinson

Categories: British things, Music, Strange Bedfellows

Fleas and faces are normally an unwelcome combination (scratch, scratch). Less unpleasant, but still surprising, is the news that Flea (the bassist from Red Hot Chili Peppers) is apparently joining Faces (Rod Stewart and Ron Wood et al.'s reunited Britrock band). It's a weird fit. The things I associate with Flea's playing -- funky riffs, hip-hop-ish rhythms -- couldn't be farther from the straight-ahead blues-rock that Faces laid down in the '70s. Still, all the people involved here are way talented. And look, this is bound to be more interesting and unpredictable than a regular old Faces reunion with some anonymous session bassist filling in for the late Ronnie Lane. So I'm willing to give this lineup a chance. How about you? If you need help deciding, just listen to Faces' 1973 "Ooh La La" after the jump and imagine Flea's bassline from "Around the World" grooving all over that thing.

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: January 23, 2009 04:40

anyone know where to get more info about ronnie talking at a party? from one of the articles posted above:

"No comment as of yet from Ronnie Wood, who seemed hellbent on breaking this non-story at a party two days ago. Perhaps he should stay home more."

I heard from a friend with some sort of connection that ronnie and rod were not getting along in the studio.

i am disappointed too but am glad that flea would not have been involved.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 23, 2009 05:03

Courtesy of Justinkurian on Rocks Off:

Stewart, Flea Refute Faces Reunion Reports

January 22, 2009 01:58 PM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
Despite reports that the Faces are reuniting for an album as well as a tour with Flea on bass, Rod Stewart's spokesperson tells Billboard "there are no plans for a Faces reunion tour this year." Additionally, a spokesperson for Flea tells Billboard the artist "knows nothing" of a Faces tour.

Guitarist Ron Wood reportedly told the U.K.'s Daily Mirror that he and Rod Stewart wrote an album's worth of new material during a Christmas vacation, and that Flea would be participating in an upcoming tour. However, the online version of the piece has since disappeared from the Daily Mirror Web site.

Rumors have swirled since last fall that Stewart, Wood, Ian McLagan and Kenney Jones were planning to tour for the first time since splitting in 1975. The musicians reportedly rehearsed last year with Stewart touring bassist Conrad Korsch filling the role of the late Ronnie Laine. But a recent report in the New York Post suggested the members didn't get along during the process and that a tour seemed unlikely.

McLagan is already booked for a spring North American tour in support of his new album, "Never Say Never," due March 3 from 00:02:59 Records.

There have been a handful of near-Faces reunions since the band broke up, including at a 1986 Stewart concert at London's Wembley Stadium. The surviving members have performed together in various incomplete incarnations in recent years, including Wood and McLagan with Stewart at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles in 2004.

[www.billboard.com] 03933433.story

---------------------------

Despite Rumors, No Faces Reunion Tour or Album in 2009
1/22/09, 2:26 pm EST

A spokesperson for Rod Stewart has denied reports that Stewart and Ron Wood have written an album’s worth of material for a new Faces LP that was to proceed a reunion tour. “There’s no plans for a Faces reunion tour this year,” the spokesperson tells Rolling Stone. Wood is working on a new solo project, but “Rod did not do any recording with him for that album,” according to the spokesperson. Reports out today also indicated that Flea was subbing in for the late Ronnie Lane on bass. Wood told Rolling Stone that Flea inquired about the job, but that Rod’s touring bassist Conrad Korsch was filling the slot.

In an interview with RS last month Ron Wood announced that the Faces had rehearsed a handful of times last year. “It was like no time has passed by,” he said, noting that tour plans were in the works. “We just have to sort out when and where and drop all of the management egos and just do what we can. We know we can do it. It’s just a matter of getting everyone’s availability sometime next year.”

With Rod’s calendar slowly filling up with tour dates, it’s looking more likely like Faces fans will have to wait until 2010 — though if Mick and Keith decide to bring the Rolling Stones back on the road by then, Ron Wood will become the one without time. Meanwhile, Faces drummer Kenny Jones and keyboardist Ian McLagan grow restless along with the rest of us.

[www.rollingstone.com] es-reunion-tour-or-album-in-2009/

---------------
Flea, Rod Stewart deny Faces reunion
Chili Peppers' manager talks to MusicRadar

Joe Bosso, Thu 22 Jan 2009, 8:19 pm UTC

Yesterday, published reports were swirling that Rod Stewart and Ronnie Wood were full-speed ahead with a reunion of The Faces - and that they had recruited Red Hot Chili Peppers' bassist Flea to join the band for an album an tour.

Not so, it seems - and this comes from Flea himself. "I don't know anything about a Faces tour or album," the bassist said today.

This flies in the face of a message on the Red Hot Chili Peppers' website stating that Flea was, in fact, joining the band after a series of successful rehearsals.

Chili Peppers' manager: "It's simply not true"

MusicRadar spoke exclusively with Gayle Fine of Q Prime Management. Fine, who manages the Chili Peppers, had spoken with the bassist several times during the day. "Flea doesn't know where these stories are coming from," Fine said. "But I can't tell you for a fact that, as far as him joining The Faces, it's simply not true."

When asked about the message on the Chili Peppers' website, Fine sighed and said, "That was taken from a story from Rolling Stone, and frankly, I don't know how that got up there. When you have a band this big, people get very enthusiastic. I'm going to have that taken down, of course."

Rod Stewart also denies reunion

Now that we've cleared up Flea's non-involvement with The Faces, the situation betweenold mates Rod Stewart and Ronnie Wood remains murky. Published reports last year confirmed that the two had agreed to reform the band.

Today, however, a spokesman for Stewart told Billboard that the singer claims "there are no plans for a Faces reunion next year."

No comment as of yet from Ronnie Wood, who seemed hellbent on breaking this non-story at a party two days ago. Perhaps he should stay home more.

[www.musicradar.com] 6

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: January 23, 2009 06:23

The reunion between Ronnie's liver and a fifth a day of vodka is well underway, it seems.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: January 23, 2009 06:24

Seems as though poor Ronnie is confused.........

So sad.......

Posted by: Child Of Clay ()
Date: January 23, 2009 07:57

"The rehearsals were a lot of fun, everybody was in fine form,
but nothing's happened since November. Don't believe
anything you read about an album in the works,
or a tour being planned until you read it here,
because this page is bullshit free. I kid
you not. I'll be happy to anounce
good news, or any news,
if and when there
is some.

People lie, I don't know why, who cares? "

-Ian McLagan, 1.23.2009

[www.macspages.com]

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 23, 2009 08:16

Isn't it a spokesman's job to deny rumors?

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: January 23, 2009 10:13

I don't know if we can allow credit to Contact Music......

ROLLING STONES - WOOD AND LOVER MOVING TO CALIFORNIA?
ROLLING STONES rocker RONNIE WOOD is considering leaving his native London to take up permanent residence with his young lover in Los Angeles.
The veteran guitarist parted ways with Jo, his wife of 23 years, after his affair with Russian waitress Ekaterina Ivanova, 20, was exposed last summer (08).
Wood is said to be looking for a new home to share with Ivanova - and has been tempted by the warmer climes of L.A. after recently spending time there with his reformed 1970s band The Faces.
He says, "We had a great time over there recently. We managed to record most of the new album and I'm going back in a couple of weeks to finish it off.
"I would never have dreamt of living there before because I never used to like the whole vibe of the place.
"But it's much more mellow now and I could definitely see myself living there."
22/01/2009 12:12:20

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: January 23, 2009 12:28

Ah, so typical for Ronnie...

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: January 23, 2009 13:33

Rocky Dijon
Incidentally, Ronnie lived in LA in the late seventies and early eighties. Further proof his alleged quotes are crap made up by a lazy journalist.

In fact he lived there through to the late 80's, with neighbours Don Johnson and Jack Nicholson. He moved to Ireland to control his drug abuse.

Mathijs

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: January 23, 2009 13:45

I think it is all bull...t, but I don't blame Ronnie, I would guess that the journalists are to be blamed. They so desperately need to fill the pages, so anything is good. There is absolutely no reflection whether it is or it isn't true. One says a half of a sentence and you get 10 full articles based on it. It is good as long as people read it. It is mostly useless to read or watch news, because you always have to decide for yourelf whether it is true or just some sh.t to fill the page/time. Funny is that it actually MIGHT be true of course... :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-23 13:46 by Happy24.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: January 23, 2009 21:22

.......seems like RW is creating a story where there is none....in the PR/media world...that'll raise a few eyebrows.......as in......what's really going on?????......sounds/looks messy.

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: January 23, 2009 22:40

After reading his book it sure seems strange he would want to live in LA again. Also was it just a typo that the article listed him as the Stones former guitarist or is there something we do not know.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1919
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home