Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Exile preview on Amazon.co.uk
Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: April 21, 2010 02:57

30 seconds of all tracks here:

[www.amazon.co.uk]

And the amazing alternate version of All Down The Line here:

[www.amazon.co.uk]

Re: Exile preview on Amazon.co.uk
Posted by: akgameboy ()
Date: April 21, 2010 03:19

Awesome! thumbs up I have a disease....and the only cure is more Exile.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: April 21, 2010 03:31

Wowza!

+1 with desease

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: April 21, 2010 03:46

wicka wicka !@!

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: April 21, 2010 03:54

Right on. Thanks!!!!

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: April 21, 2010 04:01

sounds alot better than the youtube clip. loving cup and good time women sound like the bootleg versions but with better sound quality

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: April 21, 2010 04:10

ugh. mick's vocals on some of the bonus cuts sound so new and current. "pass the wine" sounds like it could be a bigger bang outtake or something. well whatever, i'll still buy the damn thing.

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: April 21, 2010 04:28

Ahh, the conservatives can save their ducats, while the rest of the world can actually hear the album now. Not to worry, it still sounds like the Stones.

As for the refurbished outtakes, most of it is good. It IS a bit odd to hear a 2010 Jagger on top of 1972-era tracks, but that's part of their charm.

Let the wailing and gnashing of teeth begin!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: April 21, 2010 04:34

Ha! whats happening? all of a sudden I can see with my ears! eye popping smiley

the well known 18 tracks shine like the sun with the remaster treatment - even in the crummy preview.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: April 21, 2010 05:09

just amazing. We want the Stones, we want the stones!

Date: April 21, 2010 05:19

anybody else catch that "you'll be mr. christian/i'll be captain bly" line Mick sings on Dancin' In The Light?

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: April 21, 2010 05:31

Keith's Soul Survivor is one of the best things to happen to the world in a long time.

Title 5 sounds like what would happen if I were in a garage band with Alice Cooper.

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: April 21, 2010 05:35

Are those new vocal's on I Ain't Signifying? And if they are WHY?????

Like S.S. w/ Keith but the vocals are not strong enough compared to the released version. Mick really transformed that into one of THE Stongest tracks on Exile

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: April 21, 2010 05:44

Really want to get that alt. version of All Down The Line but I'm sure there won't be anything like that in the U.S.sad smiley

Date: April 21, 2010 05:50

yeah, they sound like they could be new vocals on "I Ain't Signifying" (lyrics seem the same) and "Lovin' Cup" even sounds different, a lot slower than the original or other outtakes of it I've heard, plus the way Mick sounds and how enunciates the words it makes me wonder if he even cut new vocals for that one too.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: April 21, 2010 06:00

kissinc***incannes
plus the way Mick sounds and how enunciates the words it makes me wonder if he even cut new vocals for that one too.

oh, the HUMANITY!!!!

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: April 21, 2010 06:04

For me...the drunk version of Loving Cup, with the guitars way up front sounds better to me, rather than having it buried behind the drums.

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: April 21, 2010 06:06

Is that Keith on the Soul Survivor alt version?...very pleasant surprise.

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Date: April 21, 2010 06:14

kissinc***incannes
yeah, they sound like they could be new vocals on "I Ain't Signifying" (lyrics seem the same) and "Lovin' Cup" even sounds different, a lot slower than the original or other outtakes of it I've heard, plus the way Mick sounds and how enunciates the words it makes me wonder if he even cut new vocals for that one too.

Dude, the vocals on I'm Not Signifying and Loving Cup are obviously NOT new vocals. Listen to the I'm Not Signifying clip and then the Following the River clip. There is a world of difference between the two singing styles of Jagger in the 70's and now.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 21, 2010 06:29

Loving Cup is not a new vocal. Same version that was on Leon Russell, just the vocals are more upfront in the mix.

Date: April 21, 2010 06:36

akgameboy
kissinc***incannes

Dude, the vocals on I'm Not Signifying and Loving Cup are obviously NOT new vocals. Listen to the I'm Not Signifying clip and then the Following the River clip. There is a world of difference between the two singing styles of Jagger in the 70's and now.

really? you mean a 66 year old man's voice is going to be different than that of 29 year old? wow, you learn something new everyday. thanks

Date: April 21, 2010 06:53

kissinc***incannes
akgameboy
kissinc***incannes

really? you mean a 66 year old man's voice is going to be different than that of 29 year old? wow, you learn something new everyday. thanks

Then why can't you tell they're not new vocals?

I'm not trying to offend, just correct your speculations.
If it turns out those vocals on I'm Not Signifying and Loving Cup are new, I will apologize and never criticize Jagger again.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 21, 2010 07:08

Talking about Mick's voice - listen to the pianoplaying - that's a hell of a differnce now and then. Chuck should learn

Posted by: Angus MacBagpipe ()
Date: April 21, 2010 07:42

Wow! Great previews...like opening a treasure box and peeking in!!

Thanks for posting georgelicks!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 21, 2010 09:26

I can tell they are not new vocals comparing to the boot versions, they are identical, it is just that the re-mixing has put the vocals more up front.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 21, 2010 11:45

whitem8
Loving Cup is not a new vocal. Same version that was on Leon Russell, just the vocals are more upfront in the mix.

No, this is not the Leon Russel version, this is the April - July '69 version in the form they did at Hyde Park as well. Leon Russel's version only has Jagger and Taylor.

Mathijs

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: April 21, 2010 11:52

Keith is vocals on the alt Soul Survivor? Yesssssss. All hail the Stones.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: April 21, 2010 12:03

Am I the only one who don't wanna hear these previews before I get the actual record?

I hope I can keep from listening to the them and still read this forum...

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: April 21, 2010 12:06

By far the best of all is the alternate rocking take of 'all down the line'.
That's what does it for me: different alternate takes with original vocals and backing track, but a complete different speed and character, mixed for release and in top quality.

Don't mess with the gems!

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: April 21, 2010 12:13

kissinc***incannes

Of course.
And particulary obvious in the Jagger case.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2577
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home