Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones at Knebworth (again)
Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: January 9, 2009 14:47

i have just been watching the Stones knebworth vids and i can't help wonder WHY there is all the bad vibes from some of you fans saying how bad they were. I was there and waited until late late late to when they came on, they were great and in my opinion better than anything else on the stage that day.

I think they played proberbly the best they have ever played, even with all the faults, that's why they are great, well the greatest rock and roll band ever.

Just click onto youtube and watch them! how can anyone say they are a fan and not think how brilliant they were.

Not as musically perfect as Lynrd Sknyrd, but boy did they (the Stones) rock, just try to watch them without tapping your foot or moving, i know i can't.

Re: Stones at Knebworth (again)
Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: January 9, 2009 14:51

Yea, I have heard bad things about this show and when I saw the video, couldn't understand what people didn't like about it. It is an enjoyable performance...

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: January 9, 2009 18:13

At the risk of repeating myself (again), I was also there and thoroughly enjoyed it. The '76 tour gets really pasted in these threads, but the two shows I witnessed had more energy, sleaze and good ol' rock'n'roll than some of the more recent shows I've attended (nearly all of which I've loved, I hasten to add). At least in those days we knew what made Keith's playing sloppy (and it wasn't no arthritis!). We can't have it all ways with the Stones and I admit I have a soft spot for the out of tune but dangerous days. For me, it knocks the socks off another Warhorses and backing backing band stadium show, even when they ARE all on form, but you can't turn the clock back.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: January 9, 2009 18:33

I wonder if its because they were soooo good in the 75 tour of america?
I remember hearing, (back in the states) that the Stones sounded tied in 76?

I also remember hearing boots from the 76 tour and i didn't think they sounded as good as they did in 75. imo---ThE Stones sounded better in 75 than in 76..The Stones sounded a little tired to me in 76.(love you live album didn't sound as good as my boots from the 75 tour.)
But its more likely its because i was at the 1975 leg of their tour and Loved it! ha.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 9, 2009 18:33

i think the 75/76 tours in general get demerit marks due to jagger's new vocal stylings, which irritate a lot of long-time fans (i don't mind them, personally)...but the 76 tour, imo, suffers by comparison to its immediate predecessor because of overall weaker material (from the new album in favor of some of the staples from 75) and a generally inferior result from keith, who presumably was not handling his "intake" as well as usual....

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: January 9, 2009 18:37

Happy24
It is an enjoyable performance...

I do agree!
By seeing the video,the show seemed great;
May be because of he rumor that the Knebworth Fair was to be the last Rolling Stones concert ever. At that time, Jagger, Richards and company were going through a stagnant period, caught up in the excesses of the 70's. Speculation in the British press ran rampant that this concert to thank British fans for their past support would indeed be the grand finale to the illustrious career of "The Would's Greatest Rock 'N' Roll Band." However, according to the Stones' management, their appearance would simply be the last time the band would play...at Knebworth.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: January 9, 2009 18:40

No more moaning about their performance, GREAT!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2216
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home