Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Stones '09 Calendar
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: December 27, 2008 00:23

Anyone: Found Good Stones '09 Calendar? - Caveat Emptor: Don't Buy Your Biggest Bang 09 Calendar from RS.com

The 35% off Boxing Day sale may seem to be a great deal, but here is how it works for the calendar, should any of u be of a mind to buy it:

$15.00 less 35%

revised total $9.75
plus shipping $6.96

total $16.71

I got one on Amazon today:

Rolling Stones 2009 Calendar: The Biggest Bang,

$4.95 Shipping & Handling: $3.99 Tax: Total: $8.94

Of course, it is not guaranteed to be delivered til between Jan 5 and 21st, but I can wait.

Last time I looked, there were still some for that price, don't know about UK.

Of course, if u are buying other stuff on rs.com, maybe it's not so bad, but I find their standard shipping rather high.

Anyone know of another good 2009 Stones calendar?

pl

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-02 10:30 by bv.

Re: Caveat Emptor: Don't Buy Your Biggest Bang 09 Calendar from RS.com, even w/Boxing Day Sale
Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: December 27, 2008 00:53

i love the long, 8/5" by 14" ones with the great old photos - i'd love if someone could post a link

(plexi - please see my recent post on the rs project show in chicago)

Re: Caveat Emptor: Don't Buy Your Biggest Bang 09 Calendar from RS.com, even w/Boxing Day Sale
Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: December 27, 2008 00:58

I bought it at Amazon for EUR 13.95 (shipping to Switzerland)

@little queenie: The one with the stickers? No or?.. I am not sure

But thats the only one I know, photos are not very old (in relation)

[www.sbuy.ch]

Date: December 27, 2008 18:27

and heres a listing on ebay for 9.99 inc shipping

p

Date: December 27, 2008 18:47

heres a completely different one from Down Under

could this b rockmans fotos??

[cgi.ebay.com]

p

Posted by: peter ()
Date: December 28, 2008 09:12

Here's a question for folks who buy r&r calenders...in the USA, for the past 20 years @ Xmas time...one could find dozens of R&R calenders for sale everywhere...book stores, record shops, gift shops etc....Stones,Zep,KISS, Britney..anyone popular....but this year...ZERO !!!...I couldn't believe it...after searching many of the stores, I finally started asking some questions...the answer I got is not 100% correct but the ONLY one that makes any sense at all...there was really only one major distributor of such calenders...and it appears that they went out of business...there is really no other explanation but if anyone knows otherwise, please let us know....peter

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 28, 2008 18:13

I was wondering what happened to all the Rock And Roll calendars. I've seen only The Beatles, Pink Floyd and AC/DC.

Posted by: atip ()
Date: December 28, 2008 18:33

Thanks, timbernardis! Just ordered mine from Amazon.

Date: December 28, 2008 18:35

same cost as me?

plexi

Posted by: peter ()
Date: December 29, 2008 10:28

Virgin Megastore in SF today...$7.99 peter

Date: December 31, 2008 15:57

I really want this calendar, but all the info (amazon and RS.com) I've seen on it shows the same pictures from 2008. Of course I don't want the same calendar with different dates. Does anyone have this yet?

Date: December 31, 2008 16:13

i am sure that whilst it looks the same it it is different

how different? -- i bet they use a lot of the same types of fotos

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: December 31, 2008 16:41

No, 2008's calendar was an Exile on Main St calendar - I believe 2007's was A Bigger Bang, but this is all different photos - I love the shots on the '09 calendar.

Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: December 31, 2008 16:49

I got it for Christmas- it has exactly the same photos as last years Bigger Bang calendar!!

Date: December 31, 2008 16:59

NO! what a rip off!! exactly the same fotos for each month?

I will return it and get another.

CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND ANOTHER STONES 09 CALENDAR??

P

Re: Anyone: Found Good Stones ,09 Calendar? - Caveat Emptor: Don't Buy Your Biggest Bang 09 Calendar from RS.com
Date: January 2, 2009 08:30

Well, has anyone found a good alternative to the Biggest Bang 09 calendar if what nanker sez is true that it is exactly the same as the Biggest 08 calendar?

or even if it isn't true, what has anyone found for a good Stones 09 calendar?

p

Re: Stones '09 Calendar
Date: January 2, 2009 14:42

Unbelievable, so it's true they used the same pictures from the 2008 calendar? Why do they make it so difficult to get photos of the Stones? I know they do professional photoshoots, where do those pictures go?

Date: January 2, 2009 14:56

Yep it is true- even to the small pictures at the bottom of each month! i.e. if Keith is the main picture for the month, there is always 1 small picture of the other 3 at the bottom- these are the same as well!

There must be 1000's of Bigger Bang pictures available to use!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 2, 2009 15:35

nanker phelge
I got it for Christmas- it has exactly the same photos as last years Bigger Bang calendar!!

Unbelievable.

Actually, on second thoughts, not really.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: January 2, 2009 16:02

Is it actually a 2009 calendear? ...or are they selling last years model?

who wants yesterdays paper - nobody in the wo-ho-ho-ho-rld

Date: January 2, 2009 16:13

Yeah it is a 2009 calendar! Obviously a lot of thought went into it!

Date: January 2, 2009 16:20

is it the exact same fotos for each month i.e. March is Mick in the large foto above on his harp (for example, whatever) and the same 3 fotos down below -- both in March 08 and March 09?

p

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: January 2, 2009 16:29

The bright side is that if you didn't buy the 2008 version then the 2009 calendar will be a nice and not before seen treat.
The money saved on this re-issue might go to lower ticket prices on the next tour....

Date: January 2, 2009 16:46

Yep to the detail- I usually keep my old calendars but have just thrown the 2008 one away as it essentially the same calendar apart from the 2009 calendar dates being the only difference.

Date: January 2, 2009 16:46

The money saved on this re-issue might go to lower ticket prices on the next tour....[/quote]

Ha Ha Ha Ha Lol -best laugh I've had for ages!!

Date: January 2, 2009 17:11

SO yet again -- are there other Stones 09 calendars out there and can anyone post the link to it or them???

p

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 2, 2009 19:18

Holy Jeezles. I ordered mine a couple of days ago. So now it appears that I will get the same calendar as last year. Except for the dates then DOH.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-02 19:20 by Rolling Hansie.

Date: January 2, 2009 20:30

The great Rock And Roll swindle. Top that Johnny Rotten!!!!!

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: January 2, 2009 21:54

I didn't have last year's calendar, but I got this year's for Christmas.
I love the January shot of Mick!

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: January 3, 2009 00:51

I ordered my ABB Calendar from Barnes&Noble.com for $7.49, a good deal but GEE, I can't believe they did not change the photos! How tacky! With all the pictures taken during that tour!! They say it's a 2 day delivery, we'll see!!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1539
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home