Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

This Frankfurt Thing
Date: December 30, 2008 21:29

In the last few Keith threads I have seen the Frankfurt incident mentioned many times; where folks who were there said it was abysmal. What exactly happened? How come everyone has heard this? is there a boot?

Re: This Frankfurt Thing
Posted by: mexicostone ()
Date: December 30, 2008 22:18

yes I got the boot , he played like shit

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: December 30, 2008 23:15

The Stones are one of the few rock acts I care about and I am a fan of Keith's playing, so when I arrived at the Frankfurt stadium in 2007 I was really excited. The concert was a huge disappointment because Keith was totally confused, sometimes it took a minute to find out which song the band was playing. I was shocked, but ironically I applauded, because of the band's glamour.- I am sure that it is possible to write this, and I am sure that Keith, if he should read this, will not go to bed and cry. An horrible performance can be criticised, even by a stonesfan!

Posted by: therollingmanu ()
Date: December 30, 2008 23:17

Before they make me Run was really funny in Frankfurt... And of course the 'Sympathy-incident'... [www.iorr.org]

Plus worst acoustics I've ever heard in a venue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-30 23:21 by therollingmanu.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 30, 2008 23:43

I agree on the issue of acoustics. Seems the Frankfurt Stadium is in competition with Amsterdam for worst acoustics. Unfortunately I also have to agree on Keef's performance. Something was very wrong that night.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: December 31, 2008 00:33

Seems the Frankfurt Stadium is in competition with Amsterdam for worst acoustics

Yes, but only when they close the roof when it's not even raining and when they turn the stage 45° because of poor ticket sales.

[www.iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-31 00:41 by open-g.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: December 31, 2008 02:51

well open-g, we know well about that as we were sittin, what, 2 seats away from each other??? and right next to stonesfrk. Though I do kinda remember u being unhappy with certain songs.

yes, i remember some kind of Fk-up in Sympathy, wasnt it some kind of a stop-start thing?

In spite of these f ups, I felt the show was still pretty good and I understand that the boot somehow manages to excise the echo.

And, is there also not a complete-show DVD boot?

Well, two shows later in Paris the band played very well including Keith and even better still two days later in Lyon. I saw the first what 5 or 6 shows thru Lyon except the Isle and I noticed a definite upgrade in the Paris and Lyon shows.

p

Date: December 31, 2008 03:52

I am probably one of the people who have run out of patience with Keith. But he is still my hero, and I wonder: maybe he is just really tired of playing the same old songs. One thing you can say for Keith is that he tries to constantly find new little corners and twists within a change or song. How many more twists can he find to JJF or Brown Sugar? Maybe he has reached the DE-construction stage, LOL.
The last time I saw Keith play truly gifted and with total fire and commitment was with the Winos. New songs, new band, new everything.

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: December 31, 2008 04:36

...too bad, I was hoping this was a thread about 'the frankfurter in Frankfurt'

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: December 31, 2008 09:03

For more than 20 years I tried to convience one of my best friends how great the Stones are and that he MUST SEE them live in concert at least once. He never really cared for them but eventually I was able to convience him to see the Stones in Frankfurt on the ABB tour. It was my 9th or 10th Stones show since 1990. All shows I have seen up to this point were great or magical and so I was very positive that my buddy will love the show as well and will be into the Stones a bit more after the concert. What he was about to see was one of the worst concerts ever. He paid a shitload of money to see a desastrous show in a half empty stadium by an unmotivated band and an embarassing acting and playing Keith Richards. The show was so bad that I felt guilty and embarrassed that my friend must see this fiasco. He even fell asleep during the two Keith songs. Of course he couldn't understand even more why I love this band that much.

The Frankfurt show was a complete joke on all counts.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1581
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home