Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT-Roy Orbison
Posted by: CrazyDadda ()
Date: December 26, 2008 09:25

Are there any bootleg sites of him? Thanks

Re: OT-Roy Orbison
Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: December 26, 2008 13:55

like roy orbinson
pretty woman is a masterpiece...

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: December 27, 2008 09:40

By the by...I believe at the Itunes store...they're selling Roy's last concert on audio. I haven't yet gotten around to buying it. Aside from the Black and White Night CD...there's not too many live Roy stuff as it is. I haven't even come across bootlegs much of Roy. Great singer, he was.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 27, 2008 19:38

I'd love to get that - thanks for the info. Roy was one of a kind!

Date: December 27, 2008 20:57

Heres the link to get that concert!

Dear Friends,
Today, December 4, 2008, marks the 20th anniversary of Roy Orbison’s “Last Concert” performance. With the exception of the song “It’s Over,” included on “The Soul of Rock and Roll” box set released this fall, the concert has never-been available for fans to enjoy. Thanks to iTunes and Roy Orbison, Jr., this significant concert event has now been made available.
The “Last Concert” is a lasting testament to Roy’s impact on rock and roll, and music in general. This recording is truly a special gift. Please join us in announcing and promoting this to music fans everywhere. It is available worldwide exclusively through iTunes. Click here to buy now! [royorbison.list-manage.com] ... f4e09da6ca
It truly provides a great opportunity to celebrate the amazing career of Roy Orbison, the Soul of Rock and Roll, in this the 20th Anniversary of his passing.

Roy Orbison International Fan Club

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-27 21:00 by Justin.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 27, 2008 21:05

Roy played at the old Channel club in Boston about a month before he died and I still kick myself in the ass for not going I had the chance and did not go.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: December 27, 2008 21:11

I was thinking of buying Black & White Night on Blu-Ray DVD, but the box does not credit all the players so I was wondering if some of the performers were edited out?

For example, James Burton is on the original, and now not credited. Was he mixed out and re-edited so you cannot see him?

Stuff like that happens in this business.

Date: December 28, 2008 22:59

trainarollin
I was thinking of buying Black & White Night on Blu-Ray DVD, but the box does not credit all the players so I was wondering if some of the performers were edited out?

For example, James Burton is on the original, and now not credited. Was he mixed out and re-edited so you cannot see him?

Stuff like that happens in this business.

I'm not sure why James and the rest of the TCB Band aren't properly credited on the box or show itself...but don't worry....they are definitely on the DVD. They are the main band...so there'd be no way to edit them out! James blows everyone out of the water on that final song "pretty woman"...completely wowing Springsteen during that guitar duel match. Great, great stuff. Can't imagine how great it'd sound on bluray....it sounded great in the remastered DVD I got.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: December 29, 2008 06:43

I remember when the artist Babyface did a MTV Unplugged and Eric Clapton appeared and they did "Change the World" together. Clapton's label would not allow the performance to appear on Babyface's Unplugged CD and they had to mix out Eric's guitar and vocals.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1957
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home