Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: MICK TAYLOR IS GOD
Date: April 17, 2010 09:56

Mick Taylor ate my hampster.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 17, 2010 12:15

Mick and Mick always worked very well together - it must have been heaven for Mick J to have Mick T back in the studio

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: April 17, 2010 12:29

71Tele
Doxa, you said what needed to be said.

All arguments about Mick Taylor not being a "real" Stone because he is too much of a virtuoso, etc. are put to rest by this track. It's his voice on guitar as a foil for Jagger's voice and melody that's magic. I am not trying to start up the old you-know-what thread. But MT's playing in the context of the Stones takes on an element that is not in his solo playing.

You put it so well... that's exactly what's needed. It takes the music to another level completely.

If there's a God up there, MT would rejoin for the final tour, with Woody kept on board for his visual appeal and party vibe.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: April 17, 2010 12:33

MT is god when playing with the Stones; out of them, nothing special (marriage madness from Mayall's back to the roots is also a magic moment by MT).
RW is better out of the Stones, but i also love his work inside the band

I haven't heard the new tunes

If MJ would have wanted MT by his side, he has made 4-5 solo albums, and in any of them MT plays a note (but MT plays in 2 RW albums and in 1 KR's)

I like both

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: April 17, 2010 12:43

tomcat2006
71Tele
Doxa, you said what needed to be said.

All arguments about Mick Taylor not being a "real" Stone because he is too much of a virtuoso, etc. are put to rest by this track. It's his voice on guitar as a foil for Jagger's voice and melody that's magic. I am not trying to start up the old you-know-what thread. But MT's playing in the context of the Stones takes on an element that is not in his solo playing.

You put it so well... that's exactly what's needed. It takes the music to another level completely.

If there's a God up there, MT would rejoin for the final tour, with Woody kept on board for his visual appeal and party vibe.

Yes, thats what I always thought. It is not necessarily Wood versus Taylor - have them both for live shows and I am pretty sure that the guitar department will benefit considerably, and of course, with the guitar department the band sound as a whole.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: April 17, 2010 13:22

If The Stones were to tour again Mick isnt going to leave Ronnie out.Mick wouldnt be that cruel ya only got to see the closeness and love they all have for each other on and off the stage.They probadly have their moments but who doesnt.Ronnie isnt going any where they are all there together to the end.Ya can imagine how ya would feel if ya were told ya not wanted after been together for 35 years it would be like a divorce it wouldnt be nice.Mick just wouldnt do that he knows what the feeling would be like because hes been through enough divorces himself.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: April 17, 2010 13:39

Before GOD, there was a guy named Brian JONES who one day established The ROLLING STONES, and after GOD there's a guy named Ronnie WOOD who allowed us to enjoy years more, this BAND...

HMN

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: April 17, 2010 13:59

Sir Craven of Cottage
Mick Taylor ate my hampster.

Lol, so it's true - Mick Taylor is dog.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 17, 2010 14:07

Honestman
Before GOD, there was a guy named Brian JONES who one day established The ROLLING STONES, and after GOD there's a guy named Ronnie WOOD who allowed us to enjoy years more, this BAND...

So there was once Holy Spirit, then God, and finally Son... Holy Trinity to me in any case...thumbs up I love them all!

- Doxa

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: April 17, 2010 14:16

Doxa
Honestman

So there was once Holy Spirit, then God, and finally Son... Holy Trinity to me in any case...thumbs up I love them all!

- Doxa

Very good answer smileys with beer

HMN

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 17, 2010 14:31

..not God but a very Good blues-guitar-player..JOHNNY WINTER is God in this Blues-guitar business...smoking smileysmoking smileysmoking smileysmoking smileysmoking smiley five smokers for Johnny!

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: April 17, 2010 14:32

Mick Taylor probadly feels good about being together with his old mates again and just going with the flow.And he must still feel honoured and privileged to have been asked to join the *Greatest Rock band in the World*all those years ago.Ya cant take that away from him.And if its true they had problems..what something like 35 years ago im sure him and the others arent losing any sleep over it.Its that old story ya forgive and forget..no big deal anymore.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: April 17, 2010 14:42

Doxa
Mick Taylor is next to God as far as "Plundering My Soul" is concerned.

Good Old Doxa...

smoking smiley

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 17, 2010 14:47

Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic?

He's not sure if there really is a Dog.

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: April 17, 2010 15:25

"Mick Taylor is next to God as far as "Plundering My Soul" is concerned."

That´s way over the top regarding the song and also mick ts. work in that song.

Doxa what´s wrong with you? Your posts used to be quite readable.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: April 17, 2010 16:27

Oft confused. But we do have different inseams.

Posted by: neptune ()
Date: April 17, 2010 17:19

stoneswashed77
"Mick Taylor is next to God as far as "Plundering My Soul" is concerned."

That´s way over the top regarding the song and also mick ts. work in that song.

Doxa what´s wrong with you? Your posts used to be quite readable.

I think there's a little tongue in cheek there from Doxa.

Posted by: frankie ()
Date: April 17, 2010 20:44

Idea: Take MT the next tour to play guitar and RW to wave at people and act like a clown, no rehearsing needed this way...

Date: April 17, 2010 21:13

Taylor is a good thing in that song. Lovely sound; IMO more on the lower strings he does.
Other good things: Chicks singing back-up vocals! yeah
And hopefully that is one Bill Wyman down in the basement.
One thing that surprises me is how crisp the drums sound.

Posted by: neptune ()
Date: April 17, 2010 21:41

frankie
Idea: Take MT the next tour to play guitar and RW to wave at people and act like a clown, no rehearsing needed this way...

Ouch.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 17, 2010 22:01

frankie

That should make everyone happy.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 17, 2010 22:23

If Mick Taylor is god, then the world would have come to an end in 1974.

And Jagger & Richards would have given him partial writing credits.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: April 17, 2010 23:08

71Tele
frankie

That should make everyone happy.

think again

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 18, 2010 01:02

Rocky Dijon
Mick Taylor IS Eric Clapton? I suspected this for many years.

You don't need a Les Paul for being Clapton confused smiley

Date: April 18, 2010 01:04

schillid
If Mick Taylor is god, then the world would have come to an end in 1974.

And Jagger & Richards would have given him partial writing credits.

God bless you my son,the Stones came to an end in '76 and went to hell when Perks left..winking smiley

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: April 18, 2010 05:36

MT God? I don't think so, pal. Double rhythm is where it's at.

Date: April 18, 2010 22:30

Honestman

A lesser God imo. Good musicians know when to quit if you have nothing more to offer in a band,musicallly spoken.And the Stones are about music...

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: April 18, 2010 22:39

Amsterdamned
Honestman

A lesser God imo. Good musicians know when to quit if you have nothing more to offer in a band,musicallly spoken.And the Stones are about music...

how do account, then, for keith being in the stones the past couple of decades? (ouch, i know!)

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 18, 2010 22:52

Bloody hell - I should never start threads after being totally blown by new Stones stuff (and drunk)... Fortunately it happens very rarely (hearing the good stuff I mean...) Blame it in the Stones.

smoking smileythumbs up

Let's put this thread to bed and forget it, right?

- Doxa

Date: April 18, 2010 22:56

StonesTod
Amsterdamned
Honestman

how do account, then, for keith being in the stones the past couple of decades? (ouch, i know!)

Cause Keith had a lot to offer.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2017
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home