Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Funny Concert Moment
Posted by: clarkemf ()
Date: December 15, 2008 19:53

Check this one out... Steven starts a song introduction, and Joe starts a completely different riff, ruining Steven's moment... they trucked on, no biggie, but probably laughed about it later

Any good examples of the stones doing that kinda thing?

Re: Funny Concert Moment
Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: December 15, 2008 20:03

What song was Steven Tyler introducing by pointing at his tattoo?

As for the Stones...they've goofed. For example, mixing up IORR & @#$%&...I think. There's bootleg collection of goofs.

IORR............but I like it!

Date: December 15, 2008 20:08

He's got a tattoo that says Ma Kin(he couldnt fit the full Mama Kin on his arm when he was young) .. he points at his tattoo to introduce the song Mama Kin, but Joe strikes up the riff to Chip Away the Stone, i cant tell who made the setlist mistake tho, it coulda been either of them

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: December 15, 2008 20:09

sweet neo con
What song was Steven Tyler introducing by pointing at his tattoo?

As for the Stones...they've goofed. For example, mixing up IORR & @#$%&...I think. There's bootleg collection of goofs.

Mama Kin, that´s what´s on the tattoo.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 15, 2008 20:10

When I saw the Stones in Vegas in March 06,Keith started to play HTW when he was supposed to play YGMR. Mick just looked at him like wtf are you doing. Keith shrugged his shoulders and started playing YGMR.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: December 15, 2008 20:22

There's a great moment in one of the Voodoo Lounge concert TV broadcasts, sadly I forget which one.
They start to play "Street Fighting Man" and Keith does one of his trademark kicks as he starts to play but unfortunately the guitar has not been amplified and he makes no sound whatsoever. He walks over to his techs to get the problem fixed but Jagger looks quite pissed at Keith.
Hilarious stuff!!!

Another funny one is the trainwreck in the middle of "Midnight Rambler" on the Marquee 71 dvd. Charlie, Mick and Keith are all totally out of synch during the "Did you hear about the boston..." section. Charlie crasshes a cymbal and Keith's mind must be elsewhere because he doesn't join in and Jagger does a little chuckle. The best bit is where Mick momentarily sings the guitar part to try and help fix it. "Dang, Dang, Dang, Everybody's got to go". Classic!!!

Date: December 15, 2008 20:23

i'm sure it happens all the time to the best of bands... its hard getting everything perfectly when you've got 5 guys on stage working their asses off, a huge screaming crowd begging to hear loud music, and a setlist that changes as much as your band travels from place to place... the best bands are the ones that can make it a no biggie kinda thing tho, like stones and aero, they just laugh it off, its rock n roll

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: December 15, 2008 20:23

sweet neo con
For example, mixing up IORR & @#$%&...I think. There's bootleg collection of goofs.

Yep

01 She's So Cold (Live)
02 Like A Rolling Stone (Live)
03 Before They Make Me Run (Live)
04 Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me) (Live)
05 It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (Live)
06 It's All Over Now (Live)
07 Gimme Shelter (Live)
08 Midnight Rambler (Live)
09 Prodigal Son (Live)
10 Time Is On My Side (Live)
11 Brown Sugar (Live)
12 Jumpin' Jack Flash (Live)
13 Sad Sad Sad (Excerpt) (Live)

Some are rally funny

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: December 15, 2008 20:28

Was it Philadelphia 2005 where you get a hybrid of "Satisfaction" and " It's Only Rock N Roll" for an encore because Keith plays the wrong song and Jagger sings the one they were meant to whilst the rest of the band try and keep up?

Posted by: no spare yaps ()
Date: December 15, 2008 20:37

Here is a funny Aerosmith moment, but just because of the introduction.

Date: December 15, 2008 21:11

whats funny about it?

Posted by: no spare yaps ()
Date: December 15, 2008 21:17

clarkemf
whats funny about it?

You don't think Little richard is funny? Are even you human? Mr.Penneman is one of the funniest people on Earth.

Date: December 16, 2008 04:56

I mean he's funny.. but Aero totally killed that song in a good way... it's crazy how they still look almost the same nowadays, and i'd argue that they even sound better nowadays

Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: December 16, 2008 05:21

clarkemf
Check this one out... Steven starts a song introduction, and Joe starts a completely different riff, ruining Steven's moment... they trucked on, no biggie, but probably laughed about it later

Any good examples of the stones doing that kinda thing?

the last time i saw steven tyler and the boys, i said i'd rather chew glass then see them again, but after watching that they rock! what year is that? i tell ya, hate to say it but they blow away the stones, seems lately with all the musicians on stage for the stones, its like a broadway musical

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: December 16, 2008 05:24

clarkemf
whats funny about it?

What?? Didn't you catch those outrageous typos in the subtitles?

Where's the proofreader on that show??

Date: December 16, 2008 05:33

That was in Japan in 1999... heres another clip from 2005... and yes... they can still bring on the rock

To get to your point tho, I agree that in their current forms Aero have been louder and tighter than the Stones, that said, the Stones can still have another wind in my opinion. I think they need to get rid of their circus of backup singers, and bring out the raunchiness again. Look at Aerosmith's stage, it's usually comprised of Steve singing, Tom on the bass, Brad and Joe on the guitars, and Joey on the skins. That's it, no backup singers, and they use minimal keyboard and horns. I think they do it the right way for rock music. They just take in the energy of the crowd and give it all they got, and Tyler in absolutely incredible for a 60 year old lead singer who hasn't exactly lived an easy life on his body.

Date: December 16, 2008 05:38

sry.. here's one of their most recent performances in dvd quality

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: December 16, 2008 06:26

I think Perry @#$%& up. he starts to smile when he walked over to Tyler. After a couple of bars Mama Kin appaers on the screen as though that's the song there playing. I love Chip away the stone, play it a lot and this is the first live version i heard. It's great but sounds a bit slow.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: December 16, 2008 06:29

The funniest moment i saw them have was at the end of a concert, Jagger "fires" up the crowd with "Are reeeeaaaadyyyy, are you reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaadddddddddyyyyy" and of course Keith should have kicked in with Satisfaction or JJF but didn't, Jagger looked back and then he said "Well, we're not" and smiled.

Doc, do you which versions are on that boot 13 nervous breakdowns? I think i can guess a couple :-)

Cheers,
Wuudy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-16 06:30 by Wuudy.

Date: December 16, 2008 06:45

Yea i actually think ur right it was Joe now looking back at it... because Stevie was really confident showing off his tattoo, he must've been planning to do it all along, and then.. oops

Yea I can certainly figure the Stones have done that ton's of times when trying to fire hard into songs, it's awesome when they get it right, and that's why they are so good, but just a momentary brain fart from anybody and the moment is missed... all you gotta do is laugh about it, and i'm sure they do

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: December 16, 2008 10:06

vudicus
Was it Philadelphia 2005 where you get a hybrid of "Satisfaction" and " It's Only Rock N Roll" for an encore because Keith plays the wrong song and Jagger sings the one they were meant to whilst the rest of the band try and keep up?

Yes it was.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: December 16, 2008 10:27

I remember 2 CNIB 79 songs, 1 from Cologne 99, 1 from 97/81/82/99/89
I think you can google and find them all, but if I have some time tonight I'll check.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: December 16, 2008 15:07

In 2003 in Prague - Charlie started Midnight Rambler, Chuck joined and after about 10 seconds of impro, when it was sooo clear which song is about to come, Keith started Tumbling Dice. He stopped in the middle of the first riff and ten they slowly started the MR. It was great. I love those moments...

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: December 16, 2008 16:31

...senior moments.

Date: December 18, 2008 01:49

I think that live version of no more no more is about as good as you could ask for in a rock performance

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 18, 2008 11:28

I dunno what year that Chip Away The Stone is from but they obviously weren't cheating like they usually do with studio background vocals...

Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: December 21, 2008 17:26

in pearl jam circles, its the "quarter rant" I was there, Mansfield, Ma 1998; 10th row . . .

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: December 21, 2008 17:49

October 4th 2002 landover Md, Fexdexfield. Mick is getting ready to play "Don't stop" with his telecaster strapped on, and Keef "@#$%& up" and starts "Tumbling Dice".Mick throws away his guitar, grabs his mic, and starts singing the first words just on time , not missing a beat. Jagger looked very upset, not amused at all.It was amazing to witness,not funny really but a special moment.Mick is a pro.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 21, 2008 18:08

Mick played a telecaster? I thought he played some kind of...whoever that is that made something between a strat and tele but it's not a Fender? Those goofy things he played on the Steel Wheels tour...

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: December 21, 2008 18:15

sweetcharmedlife
When I saw the Stones in Vegas in March 06,Keith started to play HTW when he was supposed to play YGMR. Mick just looked at him like wtf are you doing. Keith shrugged his shoulders and started playing YGMR.

I remember that but I thought he was supposed to be playing Rough Justice. Or, did Keith make a mistake and then Ronnie made a mistake the next song?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1742
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home