Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Funny Concert Moment
Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: December 22, 2008 01:33

Great story about the Don't Stop/Tumbling Dice moment, i love those stories!

At Landgraaf '99 they played memory motel. Somewehere in the song instead of going to a verse Keith played that litle signature riff and they had to cut to a totally different part of the song. Mick just wanted to start singing and noticed it just in time and Charlie was also right on the money and stopped playing as he is supposed to in that part of the song. I think 95% of the crowd didn't even notice the @#$%& up and that's says something about the band because it was a huuuuge @#$%& up. When the song ended Mick walked over to Keith put his arm around him and smiled. They had a good laugh about it :-)

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: December 22, 2008 02:17

Sitting back stage with a friend, right behind Jim Gordon who was playing drums for Traffic at the time (early 70's) talking to him between each song and sharing a bottle of whiskey with him (he was totally wasted;probably in the same state when he killed his mom).

Another moment, in the early 70's I was working a Joan Baez concert where she kept a box on stage for anyone that had something they would like Joan to have. So at the end of the show I collected the box and gave it to her, Inside were several hundred ripped up draft cards.

Posted by: dougie ()
Date: December 22, 2008 02:59

On Thanksgiving in Denver in 2005 (U.S. Thanksgiving), Mick told a joke. It kinda went like this. Not an exact quote! " Just think if the pilgrims ate cat on thanksgiving rather than a turkey. We'd all be eating pussy today'.

Also,at that concert. They brought out a big blow up turkey (around 4 ft. tall), and Ronnie attacked it with his guitar. But, that wasn't nearly as good as Mick's joke.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: December 22, 2008 13:07

That joke of Jagger is hilarious indeed!

About the Don't Stop/Tumbling Dice incident. If Keith got the song order mixed up then they played Tumbling Dice in A instead of B because on Don't Stop he has a telecaster with a capo on the second thread. On review page of the show someone said something about a guiatr problem Ronnie had. Does anybody know more about this?

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: December 22, 2008 14:03

"About the Don't Stop/Tumbling Dice incident. If Keith got the song order mixed up then they played Tumbling Dice in A instead of B because on Don't Stop he has a telecaster with a capo on the second thread. On review page of the show someone said something about a guiatr problem Ronnie had. Does anybody know more about this?"

I have always thought it was a @#$%&-up on Keith's part.I didn't know about Ronnie's guitar. If I remember well Ron played a guitar-cam on that number and maybe the cam had troubles working. Jagger seemed that he didn't know either about Ron's guitar because he got caught by surprise when Keith started "Tumbling" I remember Mick looking at Keith with a "WTF!" look on his face. My bad Keith!
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1613
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home