Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 12 of 13
Re: I 've just listened PLUNDERED MY SOUL on Classic 21 !
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: April 16, 2010 04:00

a buddy just sent me the mp3 - got thru maybe 15-20 seconds and had to turn it off. OMG! There oughta be a law...exactly what I was afraid of with these new Mick vocals - the 1972 Mick Jagger should sue the 2010 Mick Jagger....

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: April 16, 2010 04:06

its not available on Itunes in USA yet

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: April 16, 2010 04:10

its not available on Itunes in USA yet, Im hoping it will be available by tomorrow.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: April 16, 2010 05:54

"Plundered My Soul" Rocks!!!

They may be trying to pass this off as a "Exile" leftover, but this is essentially a brand new song and a near great one at that. Only time will tell but at the moment I would say this is the best Stones track since at least "Saint of Me" or "Love is Strong"...very well done.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 16, 2010 06:15

StonesTod
a buddy just sent me the mp3 - got thru maybe 15-20 seconds and had to turn it off. OMG! There oughta be a law...exactly what I was afraid of with these new Mick vocals - the 1972 Mick Jagger should sue the 2010 Mick Jagger....
I may not be the greatest gambler in the world at times. But I'd have bet a million dollars you'd say that. Your mind was made up 5 years ago.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: April 16, 2010 06:20

Well I've listened to it 3 times now. First of all. Yes,the vocals are very 2010. But what do you expect. You either accept the fact that that's how Mick sings now,or don't listen. I take my rock & roll seriously, But not taht seriously. This is a fun little song. I like the lyrics. Good hook and riff. Got a bit of TD in it. It's 3 and half minutes of fun. Take it like that rather than expecting the holy grail and it's all good.smoking smiley

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: April 16, 2010 06:24

Halfway thru my first listen and loving it so far... reminds me of a more gospel-ly Tumblin Dice. Great!

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: April 16, 2010 06:39

I love that there's new material. And I've been known to listen endlessly to bits and pieces of noodling, rough, and unfinished EOMS bits very happily. perhaps even a little more happily than with this finished piece, but that's ok. This song is okey doke. Glad they did it, and glad to hear it.

I agree it's a Mick effort (with Mick Taylor). Is some/much of the Mick Taylor playing recent? What's Keith's contribution on this song? I don't hear him.

- swiss

Date: April 16, 2010 06:58

It's defininately a grower,not a show'er

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 16, 2010 09:20

swiss
I love that there's new material. And I've been known to listen endlessly to bits and pieces of noodling, rough, and unfinished EOMS bits very happily. perhaps even a little more happily than with this finished piece, but that's ok. This song is okey doke. Glad they did it, and glad to hear it.

I agree it's a Mick effort (with Mick Taylor). Is some/much of the Mick Taylor playing recent? What's Keith's contribution on this song? I don't hear him.

- swiss

Hi Swiss. Rhythm guitar sounds like Keith.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: April 16, 2010 09:30

Finally - I've listened! No big surprise here - I love it!
Gonna bring it with me to the Nighthawk Diner and listen during breakfast.
But I was supposed to be in LA now, if the air traffic was up to challenging ashes from the volcano in Iceland...

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 16, 2010 09:56

A day after... an odd song - a first listening gives a bit chaotic and unshapey impression but it jus gets better after each listening... it never will be a big radio hit. It definitively needs few listenings each time to really get into it... but its worth of it. If any of the other stuff will be in this level or close we will finally have the best album since TATTOO YOU.

After all these cynical years the 'guys' found a soft spot from this critical fan of theirs I say!

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-16 09:56 by Doxa.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 16, 2010 10:07

Stargroves
If you were adding this into the tracks on Exile, where would you place it? Not too close to Tumblin Dice? Seems to suit the tracks near to the beginning

Right before Soul Survivor at the end.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: April 16, 2010 10:30

71Tele
Stargroves
If you were adding this into the tracks on Exile, where would you place it? Not too close to Tumblin Dice? Seems to suit the tracks near to the beginning

Right before Soul Survivor at the end.

Agree, but I prefer EOMS without this.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: April 16, 2010 10:57

Merger, merger, PLEASE

At the moment - I'm counting 9 (NINE) threads about "Plunder My Soul" on the first page here on Tell Me...
I think it's time for a giant merger.
Don't start any new threads about PMS - this is worse than Tourettes!
MERGER - MERGER, please

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: April 16, 2010 11:09

It is on youtube

I love it!

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: April 16, 2010 11:24

sweetcharmedlife
Well I've listened to it 3 times now. First of all. Yes,the vocals are very 2010. But what do you expect. You either accept the fact that that's how Mick sings now,or don't listen.

thumbs up
Sure it's not Jagger's voice from the 70's but at least it didn't get worse since Shine A Light -I was very worried about this because his voice on As Tears Go By was horrible .

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: April 16, 2010 11:25

71Tele
swiss

- swiss

Hi Swiss. Rhythm guitar sounds like Keith.

I must confess I am relieved to hear this .

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: April 16, 2010 11:28

I've listened to the song about ten times now and here are my thoughts for what it's worth...

I like, it sounds like a exile song indeed. The only thing I don't really like about it is Charlie's drumming in some places (and that's a first for me I think :-)) when he hits the hi hat, or whatever the English name for it is, a bit long and load. But that's just a personal taste.

What I don't get is all the negative responses here. Of course, you can like it or not but I think peoples expectations are not realistic. First of all, it's an outtake from exile so that means it wasn't good enough to be on the double album. Therefor you can't expect it to be better than anything on the album. The other thing I don't understand is why people are saying things like "how dare he put new vocals on it" First of all, it's there song so they do whatever they want with it and second, who knows how the original vocals were. Probably the recording quality wasn't good enough so they had to put ne ones on it. Since Jagger said they basicly left the songs alone apart from some replacements and additions which were necessary we can assume it was necessary.

This is what we have been asking for for years, that they open the faults and release songs that we never heard before. I think it's fantastic! I like the song and I'm looking forward to the other ones!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Edward Berger ()
Date: April 16, 2010 11:32

Hi,

I would like to receive the 9mb version. Anyone? bspholding@gmail.com

thanks,

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: April 16, 2010 11:35

@Wuudy: You're right, but why shouldn't there be other opinions on that board?
The song is boring, total crap to me and I'll never give it another listen.
It's coming out of the laboratory and you hear and feel that all over.
No feeling in it, no Keith moments.

But I've no problem with the fact that most of you seem to like it. So what?

That's it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-16 12:19 by micawber.

Date: April 16, 2010 11:36

Wuudy
.This is what we have been asking for for years, that they open the faults and release songs that we never heard before. I think it's fantastic! I like the song and I'm looking forward to the other ones!

Yes, and there are so many more ...It's like they were teasing us -dribs and drabs .

Date: April 16, 2010 11:45

@ Micawber, I don't have any problems with people not liking the song, to each his own of course. I was just trying to say that I think expectations of some people are a bit unrealistic with it "just" being an outtake that didn't make the album.

I'm wondering what the "exile" effect of the song would be. It took people a long time to apreciate the album, interesting to see if the same thing wil happen with all the outtakes.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: April 16, 2010 12:02

Ive listened to it 10 times so far,and my opinion of it has changed.As far as Im concerned,this is something we didnt have 6 months ago,being a "new" stones track,its the first release from them in 5 years - I like it. It doesnt matter to me that it has 2010 vocals on it,Im gonna enjoy this and the Exile reissue and the L&G release because its the stones and we still have them.

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: April 16, 2010 12:06

OK I'll eat my hat - listened to it again on youtube and am indeed enjoying it more and more. Good stuff. Even the repetitive structure works for me now, sort of a Dylan-like song played by the Stones. And I am getting seriously into Jagger's vocals. At first they felt forced, but now I feel real edge (not artificial snarl); how he sings "loving", with the voice sometimes cracking, sometimes loosing itself upwards, sometimes just a little below the right note, is fragile, moving - very effective. Oh Mick!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-16 12:08 by otonneau.

Date: April 16, 2010 12:21

otonneau
OK I'll eat my hat - listened to it again on youtube and am indeed enjoying it more and more. Good stuff. Even the repetitive structure works for me now, sort of a Dylan-like song played by the Stones. And I am getting seriously into Jagger's vocals. At first they felt forced, but now I feel real edge (not artificial snarl); how he sings "loving", with the voice sometimes cracking, sometimes loosing itself upwards, sometimes just a little below the right note, is fragile, moving - very effective. Oh Mick!

Exactly, otonneau... This track makes me realize why I love this band so much. I don't give a damn when it is recorded or by whom - that's the greatest rock'n'roll band in teh world totally focused and doing what they do best with their unique instincts. I am totally blown by it and it is just getting better...hypnotical groove from the first seconds... the best intro I have heard ever since I remember... I cannot stop listening it... That's the way once felt when I first started realizing the greatness of EXILE, BEGGARS, etc...

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-16 12:23 by Doxa.

Date: April 16, 2010 12:28

The song is a missing link between EXILE and GOAT'S HEAD SOAP - the toatlly controlled chaotic, graceful party fealing of "Tumblin' Dice" and "Soul Survivor" meets the epic, melancholical beautifulness of "Winter"...

- Doxa

Date: April 16, 2010 12:41

klrkcr
its the first release from them in 5 years

Wow, has it been 5 years already?!?!?!?!!?!!!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 16, 2010 12:42

What I don't get is all the negative responses here.

yeah but even about 3 months ago it was so friggin' easy ta spot
the grannies who were gonna condemn upon release .... God even Blind Freddie coulda spotted 'em .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: April 16, 2010 12:45

Doxa
The song is a missing link between EXILE and GOAT'S HEAD SOAP - the toatlly controlled chaotic, graceful party fealing of "Tumblin' Dice" and "Soul Survivor" meets the epic, melancholical beautifulness of "Winter"...

- Doxa

i completely agree with this

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 12 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1850
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home