Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ronnie: Faces Tour "Ready To Go!"
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: December 2, 2008 21:26

From rollingstone.com:

[www.rollingstone.com]

Ron Wood has confirmed long-standing reports that the Faces are gearing up for a reunion tour next year. “We had a few fantastic rehearsals last week and we’re ready to go,” Wood tells Rolling Stone. “It’s like no time has passed by.” Rod Stewart’s touring bassist Conrad Korsch sat in on bass, replacing original Faces bassist Ronnie Lane who died in 1997. “There’s a lot of guest bass players that want to do it — including Flea,” says Wood. They plan on hitting the road sometime in 2009, though no dates have been set. “We just have to sort out when and where and drop all of the management egos and just do what we can. We know we can do it. It’s just a matter of getting everyone’s availability sometime next year.” New studio work might also be in their future. “Rod wants me to write a load of new stuff for him, so I can do that,” says Wood. As far as Wood’s other band goes, he says he’s “always itching to do more work with [The Rolling Stones]. We just haven’t decided when and where, yet, but I know we will.”

Re: Ronnie: Faces Tour "Ready To Go!"
Posted by: andy js ()
Date: December 2, 2008 21:41

Flea ?

How @#$%& awful would that be ? worse than when he ruined Jane's Addiction

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 2, 2008 21:46

you have to take ronnie at "face" value here...and i seem to recall some interesting comments he's made about past stones rehearsals - "the best ever stones" and things like that. an insightful and credible critic of his own work he's not....

Posted by: mexicostone ()
Date: December 2, 2008 23:48

flea is an abolutely great bassist from the red hot chili peppers
didn't you know him?
he's amazing when playing bass!!
Anyway , this is great news , thanks.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: December 3, 2008 00:10

T&A
you have to take ronnie at "face" value here...and i seem to recall some interesting comments he's made about past stones rehearsals - "the best ever stones" and things like that. an insightful and credible critic of his own work he's not....

he must be the one who puts the price tags on his "artworks" then...

and Flea? just because he can play the bass doesn't mean his style is right for the Faces.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: December 3, 2008 01:02

I can't imagine Flea's style to fit the Faces either. I was shocked to read that Jagger also considered Flea for the Voodoo Lounge tour.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: December 3, 2008 01:16

No big deal! Crack on. It could be great fun

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 3, 2008 01:26

Is anyone else worried about Ronnie's health? I mean the man obviously had a big drink problem and him going on the road with the Faces doesn't bode well for his sobriety and health. And I think the faces tour would rule out any stones activity for the near future.
I still have a hard time thinking of them as The Faces without Ronnie Lane...

Date: December 3, 2008 10:49

Flea in The Faces would be like Stanley Clarke in The New Barbarians. Fun and crazy, but not very suitable, imo.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 3, 2008 15:18

pretty wild news , i would check them out if they tour the states.cmon woody and the mac man that's a show no matter what about rod

Date: December 3, 2008 16:11

mexicostone
flea is an abolutely great bassist from the red hot chili peppers
didn't you know him?
he's amazing when playing bass!!
Anyway , this is great news , thanks.

Oh right

I've heard the RHCP come to think of it. What a bunch of @#$%& bores

cod-funk i think we call it over here. or shitfest

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: December 3, 2008 16:21

andy js
cod-funk i think we call it over here. or shitfest

the latter, mate.

Date: December 3, 2008 18:50

a cod-funk shitefest it is grinning smiley

Date: December 3, 2008 19:56

Ronnie's comment on Flea is interesting - it's really incredible how many of today's bands love The Faces. There are some cool quotes in the booklet that acompanies 5 Guys Walked into a Bar from guys like Slash & others who really loved the band. Cool stuff.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 848
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home