Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

O/T - AC/DC Glasgow!!
Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: October 21, 2008 14:31

'Dia dhuit' (Howdy)

Not sure if this one has been posted, for those who couldn't get tickets for London or Dublin (Dublin sold out in 2 minutes!), AC/DC are to play Glasgow on April 12th! The SECC.

Not official yet, but, very heavily rumoured, and some private ticket agencies even have tickets on sale for it!

'Slainte'

Re: O/T - AC/DC Glasgow!!
Posted by: andy js ()
Date: October 21, 2008 14:56

fingers crossed. but i wouldn't bank on it

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: October 21, 2008 16:53

I'd be very wary of buying from any non official agency. A friend of a friend got ripped off with his "only £75" tickets from a fake site ,which has already been shut down.
Hope he get's his money back.

sc uk

I bought tickets for Chuck berry at Doncaster and it turns out that it was never going to happen. I think they are STILL taking bookings !

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: November 26, 2008 02:13

Not Glasgow but it's looking pretty likely they're gonna headline one of the days at next years T In The Park.

"I'll be in my basement room with a needle and a spoon."

Posted by: mexicostone ()
Date: November 26, 2008 04:45

T In The Park tickets to be sold in Friday.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: November 26, 2008 05:07

mexicostone
T In The Park tickets to be sold in Friday.

Luis...what happened to your offer to post shows (in a thread on Hot Stuff) ...numerous people have requested many shows and you have posted nada!!!!

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: November 26, 2008 06:59

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: November 26, 2008 09:18

No Expectations
Who cares......stay in your basement.

WTF?! Just letting folks know. Sorry for any offence No Expecations.

Date: November 26, 2008 13:23

as suspected, it was utter shit

Posted by: olorin ()
Date: November 26, 2008 19:31

Anyway they have no show planned between Apr 2 and Apr 14 so you can think they will add dates in those days !

Sorry for my english ; I'm a french little boy (but I like it)

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 26, 2008 23:51

What is the capacity of the SECC and what does that stand for?

Posted by: GuessWho ()
Date: November 27, 2008 01:47

Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre

Holds around 8,000 - 10,000 depending on layout.

Date: November 27, 2008 14:07

they're playing Spain on April 4th, Bilbao. and still haven't announced any dates in Portugal, south of France, Austria etc. can't see em adding any UK dates beforethe 02 on April 14th

the outdoor Euro stadium dates will be announced soon though i'm sure

i was told that the SECC just isn't big enough stage/rigging wise for the bands new stage set. whether thats true or not i don't know. but it does look a lot smaller than the other UK venues

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 28, 2008 02:48

DGA35
What is the capacity of the SECC and what does that stand for?

Its unfortunate that the city with the best audiences in the entire British Isles happens to be the one with possibly the worst concert arena in Europe.

Whoever decided that the layout of that main hall was conducive to getting good sightlines at a rock concert deserves a "Glasgow Kiss"......

Date: November 28, 2008 14:38

Gazza
Its unfortunate that the city with the best audiences in the entire British Isles happens to be the one with possibly the worst concert arena in Europe.

what you on about ? the NEC/LG ARENA is fine!

grinning smiley

Date: November 28, 2008 14:58

andy js
they're playing Spain on April 4th, Bilbao. and still haven't announced any dates in Portugal, south of France, Austria etc. can't see em adding any UK dates beforethe 02 on April 14th

the outdoor Euro stadium dates will be announced soon though i'm sure

i was told that the SECC just isn't big enough stage/rigging wise for the bands new stage set. whether thats true or not i don't know. but it does look a lot smaller than the other UK venues

that's a bit strange, as it holds about 12,000 or so.

Its not really that small - just an unusual shape for an arena, in that its very wide as opposed to being 'long'. That said, the Stones still managed to get a catwalk and a b-stage into it OK.

It means that if youre in the middle youre never too far from the stage - but the sightlines if you're off to the side arent good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-28 15:04 by Gazza.

Date: November 28, 2008 15:02

andy js
Gazza

what you on about ? the NEC/LG ARENA is fine!

grinning smiley

grinning smiley
Brum's a good city. Saw the Who there in 2004 - first time I'd been there since I was about 10 and really liked the city centre.

I always get mixed up between the two big arenas there - the NIA and the NEC. One's at the airport and the other is in the city centre. The Who show was in the latter - is that the NEC?

Date: November 28, 2008 18:25

Nah, thats the NIA mate. the NEC (now called the LG Arena) is the one near the airport

Date: November 28, 2008 18:27

Gazza
that's a bit strange, as it holds about 12,000 or so.

i'm pretty sure its under 10k, nearer 8.5k i believe ?

its an odd place for sure, being (as you said) wider rather than deep. the stage doesn't look that big to me on previous visits. and the AC/DC lighting rig on this tour is HUGE

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 28, 2008 22:03

They're in Vancouver tonight. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get tickets since they sold out in 4 minutes. Actually no one I know was able to get tickets. I'm hoping they swing through here again next year since they haven't announced any other Western Canada tour dates yet.

Posted by: Montrealsuperfan ()
Date: December 1, 2008 16:20

I saw the show Friday night in Vancouver. 15,000 seat hockey arena and what an amazing show.

There was some sort of paperless ticket system and
I never have had so much trouble getting a ticket for a show. Finally, I had to cough up big money for a 7th row floor seat.

Worth every penny. I'm not a huge fan, but thankfully it was mostly "warhorses".

Highlights include TNT, Thunderstruck and For those about to rock (encore).

You guys in Europe are definitely in for a hell of a tour....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1649
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home