Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: New Series of Doctor Who
Date: April 12, 2010 22:42

It's populist crap and the new Doctor is the worst ever. Matt Smith should be playing mechanics in soap operas not timelords.

Re: OT: New Series of Doctor Who
Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: April 12, 2010 23:19

It debuts in the US this coming Saturday and I am looking forward to it. I was kind of dismayed when they cast Matt Smith but I thought he was getting good reviews in the UK.

Is he really bad in your opinion?

Date: April 12, 2010 23:25

I was very disappointed in him. He's too young. He lacks depth.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: April 12, 2010 23:29

David Tennet will be a hard act to follow but I'm willing to give the new guy a chance.

Date: April 12, 2010 23:33

I'm tuning out.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: April 13, 2010 12:47

New opening credits - awful. Matt Smith - brilliant. Stories - okay, hopefully better as the series progresses as Russel T is gone.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 13, 2010 13:11

ChrisM
David Tennet will be a hard act to follow but I'm willing to give the new guy a chance.

Same here.

Just managed to watch the first episode last night and will hopefully watch the second episode this week.

The trouble is comparing smith to tennant who is probably never going to be replaced.

Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: April 13, 2010 16:08

My son is a huge fan of Dr Who- have watched the first 2 episodes with him- Matt Smith seems pretty good at the moment- as The GR says, give the stories a chance as the series progresses.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: April 13, 2010 19:16

Russel T Davies is gone? Hmmmmm...

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: April 13, 2010 19:23

I thought you meant House

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: April 13, 2010 20:58

I think the first two episodes were very good. I also think that Matt and Karen could make a great team.

I've been a Who since William hartnell so I'm not a kiddy looking for 'populist crap'.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 13, 2010 21:49

I'm giving him a chance .

sc uk

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 13, 2010 23:27

Braincapers
I think the first two episodes were very good. I also think that Matt and Karen could make a great team.

I've been a Who since William hartnell so I'm not a kiddy looking for 'populist crap'.

First broadcast in 1963... (Wasn't there something else I first saw in 1963 that changes its face every few years but still keeps the same soul?)

I've watched the Doctor through quite a few regenerations, and from what I've seen so far I think Matt Smith will do all right - a 900-year-old mad professor who just happens to look about 23 at the moment! But I agree about the opening credits - horrible.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1697
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home